Author Topic: pet questions ?  (Read 5806 times)

Offline crown

pet questions ?
« on: August 28, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
 help needed with traveling with our small dog planing a trip up to us from costa rica  first our local airline [ taca } only flys to 6 main
 us airports and our dog goes on board with us as carry on  can someone check what us airlines let you take a pet as carry on and
 whats neaded would be a big help to have a list  second we have never stayed more then 30 days before in the us as our dog needs
travel papers and they are good for 30 days to & from the us our vet said if we want to stay more then 30 days we nead a vet to give
us travel papers could someone call there local vet and find out what is needed cost timeframe ect so we known what we might need
to bring crown princessa thanks john
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline Paladin

• Dave Knight
Re: pet questions ?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 04:39:39 PM »
I'm thinking that your dog will need to go through quarantine won't it? Any animal coming into the country has to be quarantined for like 30 days I thought.

I'm sure you'd need your vaccination reports and a certificate of health since I had to do that just to bring a puppy from Texas to Utah.
That's also a really long flight for a dog isn't it? I know the airlines are not required to report pet injury and death statistics but I hear it's high. They left my dog in her crate out on the tarmac for nearly 15 minutes in the triple digit heat right under the running (loud) engine before finally putting her in the hold. I saw this from my seat and they denied it. 

Best of luck!
'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."

Offline steve wardwell

• 73 MCI 7 8/71T combo just happy to be here
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 04:48:29 PM »
I didn't think they would put a pet in the hold...small pets go as a carryon in a soft bag...CAT....+ papers..+ $75  in 2001   DELTA and flew in a friends arms        hartford to tampa
Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
Proof  of vaccination for rabies 30 days prior to entry in the US,the 30 days prior is the important part our friends from Germany bring their dog on each trip only one time was there a problem and that was because of the 30 day prior clause.  www.petfriendlytravel.com they have the info for all countries

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Paladin

• Dave Knight
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 05:00:16 PM »
I didn't think they would put a pet in the hold...small pets go as a carryon in a soft bag.......+ papers..+ $75  in 2001   DELTA

Wow, we should have gone Delta. We flew out 3 month old GSD pup up from Texas and it had to be a hard case, about double that fare plus the papers and in the hold. Also required that my sister had to fly up along with her, I couldn't just meet the pup her as we did my other dog.
'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."

Offline crown

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 06:49:26 PM »
  there is no quarantine and we have been to the us before last trip was to miami a 2 hour flight she went in a soft bag with us as
carry on i get papers for her to travel every trip  those papers are good for 30 days in other words she has to be back in costa rica
 before the 30 days are up  if not i nead to find a vet in the us that will make papers that i have neaver done but would like to known
 how and what is needed . the reson is all of our airline tickets are open for 18 months no fee we have never been gone more then 30
 days but might  the other i want to known more about is a list of us airline that she can go on the plane with us as carry on the reson
 is if we are traveling and need to get home right away i would need a flight to a main airport to then fly home .
 kind like this say i fly in to houstaon and start a trip but now i am near ga. then i would nead a flight to orlando to go home my ticket
 is good in any main airport. crown
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline steve wardwell

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 08:16:34 PM »
as long as your pet is current  on his vacanations rabies and is HEALTHY any vet in the US can give you the paperwork you need before your flight...Just the price of a office visit, exam,whatever he needs fees to be current, and maybe a small papers fee if any.....as for your flying requirements you would need to ck with each airline to know. I put a pet on Delta for $75 in 01 in a lap of a friend... I would risk a guess that most airlines would take a pet, for a fee, after all they let kids on planes ...have a great trip   no worries................s.............
Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%

Offline crown

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 08:29:37 PM »
 steve if you get a chance could you call your vet and ask him thanks john
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline steve wardwell

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 08:49:50 PM »
I will give a vet a call on monday morn.  and have some updated info mon nite for you no prob ,try the airlines too to see if it's an issue these days.......s.....

Offline Nusa

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 02:00:36 AM »
Here's a page that links to the pet policies for airlines that allow them: http://www.tripswithpets.com/petpolicies.asp

Offline steve wardwell

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 05:48:25 AM »
crown, how heavy/big is your dog?............s.............

Offline crown

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 06:49:07 AM »
 hi steve she is about 18 lbs  crown
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline steve wardwell

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 08:04:52 AM »
some info.... if your need is just a health certificate, this can be had for $50 or so and would be good to fly in the US ....the issue is what Costa Rica requires to get back into your country................just ck ed w/ delta, fees are $125 one way trip and must be cleared,reserved and booked beforehand with paperwork needed as per each state requires ...again the health cert....so again back to Costa Rica paperwork is your key issue.........good luck with your trip.......................s................

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal