Author Topic: **** -- I'm out of here too Edited by moderator  (Read 18560 times)

Offline Paladin

• Dave Knight
Re: **** -- I'm out of here too
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 11:07:52 AM »
....don't park next to me at a campground -- in fact, don't even come into any campground that I might be at..... 

.....and I sure as hell don't want you on any of the mountain roads around here, especially if my lady is on that road too.

I'm sorry but I will stay where I please and when I please and won't be limited by others decrees or demands.
I also live in the west and I'm sorry but we'll just have to share the roads as unfortunate as that may be for me.

I will though do my best to keep my coach as safe as I possibly can but for my own sake and peace of mind, not for yours. I won't lose sleep on that thought.
'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
Re: **** -- I'm out of here too Edited by moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 12:59:48 PM »
Mercury is retrograde in Virgo from August 20, to September 12. 

"As the planet of communication, Mercury retrograde tends to breed a certain level of confusion. Mercury rules our "lower" mind--how we perceive and interpret information that we receive from our environment, and how we relay that information to others. Mercury has rulership over such things as speaking, negotiating, buying and selling, listening, formal contracts, documents, travel, the mail and shipping, and so forth. All of these areas of life are affected when Mercury is functioning in a sluggish state. Decision-making is challenged during Mercury retrograde. Needless to say, it is not advised to sign contracts, engage in important decision-making, or launch a new business. Delays and challenges are more probable with Mercury retrograde. It's a time when being careless with money, our personal information, or paperwork can be costly."
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline Paladin

• Dave Knight
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 01:08:38 PM »
I sort of wondered how long the phonetics in the beginning of the thread would be there. I found it offensive though hoped it was meant in one of the less offensive ways.
'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."

Offline gus

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 03:04:33 PM »
It has been a really hot, long summer.

It is especially tough for those who tend to expect others to hew to their specific line of thinking.

It is best we all try to remember that the purpose of the board is to relate our own experiences and to make recommendations to others when asked.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 03:51:55 PM »
Well said Gus!

Just to add a little to this, Every one of our members are different. Weather it's pocketbook size,

or the broadness of our thinking. Give some advice if needed but, don't try and ram a certain way

down someones throat. There is always 10 ways to skin a cat!!!

If your advice is Not taken the way you intended, then just move on... at least you said "warned" it!!

This is why Hitler failed... He tried to make everyone think his way.. Lol

Have a great day
Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline pabusnut

• P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »
"There is always 10 ways to skin a cat!!!"

Nick ---That's It!! :o ---My cat was offended by your comment about severely cruelty and has reported you to PETA and the SPCA!!

steve
pabusnut

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 07:20:29 PM »
so why would anyone get that upset?

i try to be safe.  i try to make the bus look decent enough and i've been to some really nice campgrounds.

i have yet to meet anyone who walks on water, in person or on this board.  i've decided some folks are really good, and some folks are on my level of expertise.  But i don't take anyone's advise so seriously as to get my shorts wrapped up and quit.

Except maybe Clifford, i do listen to luvrbus.  but i don't get upset that he's always right and i'm not. 

it's all good and life's too short.  be happy you have time to be on here and have a bus to discuss!
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

cody

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 07:32:30 PM »
I've asserted from day one that metal confuses me, metal of all sorts, but very little upsets me, VERY LITTLE DOMMIT, oops meds wearing off, as a matter of fact I was given the recognition as being the one least likely to give a damm in my high school yearbook, but I realize that some people are very passionate about some things and I can respect that , not necessarily agree with it, but I have areas that fire me up too.  I've come close to quitting the board a couple of times too but then realized that it would be reason enough for many to party for weeks at a time and that truely bothered me so piss on ya and if you don't agree with me then keep it to your self, my mom still likes me, at least she used too.  Tom, if you want to see walking on water come up here in january lol, we all do it lol.

Offline Melbo

• MC8 under construction
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 07:41:31 PM »
Cody --- don't ever go away --- if you do leave your ghost to haunt us all

Melbo
If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 07:57:26 PM »
I have had 2 DOT inspections done on the frenchy-bus in the past 12 months.  I commented to Marilyn tonight on what a feeling of security I get from the most recent inspection and said that I plan to have one done annually from now on.  Then we stopped at a Pilot for the night and I read this thread and the other one.  I'm personally sorry to see Brian leave.  I happen to agree with him on safety matters.  I think making light of them is foolish and scary.  As Clifford said earlier many or perhaps most of the converted busses would never pass a DOT inspection.  That should bother all of us.
R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)

The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you.
Its the last thing but its still on the list.

Offline eddiepotts

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 08:05:44 PM »
I walked on water today but I was pressure washing my patio. I am not going to tell you all that I was bearfoot and it was an electric washer. I don't want anyone else leaving because it was a dumb idea. Oh and I finished without loosing any of my toes or anybodies. I guess it was a remarkable day but it could have been catastrophic.

Offline Melbo

• MC8 under construction
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 08:41:16 PM »
Bob

Do you think that motorhomes would pass DOT inspections??

Not that I take safety lightly -- there are a LOT of vehicles on the road

If you are driving a bus and it is in an accident you WILL be the first one there

No one is closer to a collision than the driver in a bus

Being safe and passing a DOT inspection "I think" are Two different things

I ALWAYS want  to be safe -- I'm not sure I want the government to tell me what that is

Melbo
If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 05:06:24 AM »

Dang I guess I had better get out of here also. I drive a highly modified 04.

Lets see what is obvious,

spring brakes,won't work on 04,

no back escape door,

hopped up6v92 in the back,will  break in the middle.

has a trailer hitch and has pulled a big trailer.

and in the front a miss matched front axle

power steering with a welded arm.

and don't forget the home made tilt steering wheel

fuel tanks off a truck for holding tanks

large propane tank for extended boondocking
must be a danger to just go down the road

uncle ned

but i do it my way and enjoy it
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline zubzub

• '53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.
    • pics of my bus etc....
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 05:18:10 AM »
Hey Ned I put spring brakes on my '04 it was pretty easy...just regular truck s brakes..  Now I have a driveshaft  handbrake and spring brakes, kind of belts and suspenders set up.....don't tell anyone though, otherwise DOT may hear of it and then we will all need 2 separate emergency braking systems.

Offline WVA_NATIVE

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 07:42:39 AM »
"There is always 10 ways to skin a cat!!!"

Nick ---That's It!! :o ---My cat was offended by your comment about severely cruelty and has reported you to PETA and the SPCA!!

steve
pabusnut

---------------------------------------------------------

Steve, I found out from many years of trying different ways to skin a cat as a kid, that pulling the tail through the old style skeleton key hole that when you got to the rear end it skinned them pretty clean.

Your result may vary.
WVaNative

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal