Author Topic: Radiator Misters  (Read 9570 times)

Offline steve wardwell

• 73 MCI 7 8/71T combo just happy to be here
Re: Radiator Misters
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010, 10:02:13 AM »
try these
Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%

Offline steve wardwell

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2010, 10:05:19 AM »
showing water tank w/ filter and high loop..........mister loop on rad door
Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%

Offline steve wardwell

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2010, 10:12:16 AM »
even with 18 mister tips the pump cycles on only every 10 secs or so for 3-4 clicks then stops............s...........

Offline Kevin

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2010, 02:03:16 PM »
Nice set-up Steve! Makes mine look pretty puny. I guess I must not be generating that much heat.

HCB, I'm in the Antelope Valley, west-side, Quartz Hill area. I once towed a 26' sailboat up and over Walker Pass to Isabella Lake with our bus, so I know where you are. It's nice up there!

Pulling the grade was fun. I eventually ground 'er down into 2nd, got out the knitting needles and tried not to fall asleep. Well, it wasn't hard to stay awake, actually, as the mob of angry and impatient motorists stuck up my behind pretty much made for a symphony of horns...  :D
Quartz Hill, CA

"To the gov!!!"

Offline justin25taylor

• 1974 05 Eagle and 1986 10 Eagle
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2010, 03:26:28 PM »
I helped a friend add misters to his model 10 Eagle. He was worried about forgetting to turn them off, so I used one of those heatlamp timers like they have in motel rooms. It is a small dial that goes up to like 10-15 minutes. It is made for 120v use but the "clock" part is spring loaded so it does not require 120vac to operate. I used a 12 volt sprinkler valve tied into regular water system.

Easy to install and no worries about leaving it on too long.

I have driven the bus many times and it will come from 195 to 180ish in a couple of minutes.

He and I have almost identical buses. His heats up and mine does not... He has a fresh engine, remote trans cooler, and new radiator, where mine has about 400K on inframe. I know I will need to do mine soon but it is not using but about a gallon of oil every 2500 miles and it is running cool. Go figure

Offline steve wardwell

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2010, 05:27:09 PM »
 thank you  this was mostly preexisting until it got  dragged down the road last year...oops !  I have a  ballcock shutoff before the pump otherwise it drips all day  (even with the new high loop...vacuum breaker maybe?)...It's using the old header tank for the rad......irony here because I want to add a header tank  back to the rad...I'll install a smaller one elsewhere...I got the misters & barbed Ts on line... theres a big gallon difference  between misting and spraying ours are...  .05 or .005    crs moment...I can ck if anyone wants    the rating is kinda irrelevant at 40 lbs of pressure   I can not overstate the importance of using RO or distilled water with these small water stingy tips

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal