Author Topic: Pics  (Read 15639 times)

Offline Brill-o

Pics
« on: August 29, 2006, 06:24:15 PM »
Hello-

I’ve been working on “Luray”, to no end-

I’ve got carb’ situation squared away and now she starts right up and purrs like a kitten.
 Plus, I have the clutch slave and master cyl. freed up, but have yet to get it to actuate. I’m getting closer though, as every few days the fluid level drops, so it’s taking in fluid- albeit slowly.
I’ve also partially disassembled the dash and the over-head A/C compartment. In doing so, I was able to get 5 of the 8 (!) front fans working.

Plus, I got the A/C vent cage off the outside driver’s side, where another A/C condenser is. The control box was missing the cover, so it’s shot-
Also the A/C compressor might be locked up. I haven’t got that far, yet.
I’ve also finally got the carb pre-heat tube removed.

I have compiled most of my work on the coach--up till now, in a photo album.

To put them all here would have taken ages, and this way anyone with a care can view them all at once-

I really enjoy reading the many different topics here, but usually can’t add much because I’m constantly learning from all of you, and don’t have the knowledge/experience to add comment.
Because of this, I would like to keep my photo album semi-private and allow just the members here access.

To do so, I’ve posted a link in the pic below.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but you’ll have to type the link in the address bar to access it first, and to save it-  but there are about 80 pics for your enjoyment/curiosity.

Also, I’ve been working on my coach every day-- save maybe a week total, because of weather, my being worn out, travel for parts, and other stuff to fix.
Plus, most all of the 100’s of nuts/bolts/screws and linkages are frozen which I have to wait on, soaking.

The pics are not all that, though—
It’s mostly a step-by-step guide for me to be able to reassemble this thing when I tear it apart. It helps me remember where things went-

I hope some will find it interesting, whilst others might understand why I’m so busy on the bus, than more posting here.

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!

Moof

Re: Pics
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 06:56:05 PM »
Wow!!

I admire your ability to commit to a project.  I went to your photo album.  You have an amazing journey ahead of you.  I can't wait to hear the stories and see it when its done!!

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 07:07:32 PM »
I agree with Moof....BIG job.  I'm amazed that it will run!   Once finished, it'll be a hit at any bus get-together!
Cannot believe all the bird stuff...looks as though it was used as a barn. 
All you need now is a commercial sand blaster and a steam cleaner.
Had someone started a conversion?  Looks like part of the coach is furred out.   
When you gonna drive it?  Is the shift linkage free? 
Good Luck, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 08:32:43 PM »
Well, I am totally impressed.

When you get this finished, you will be able to hold classes for the rest of us!  And as JR said, this bus will be the hit of any bus bash.   That must have been awesome to hear that engine start!!!!   

I hope you will keep sharing your project with us.
Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline ceieio

• MCI 7 DD 8V71, HT740
  • 1973 MCI 7
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »
Hmmm, I can't see the link?  Has it been removed from the picture?  I would sure like to see what has been done!

Thanks,
Craig - MC7 Oregon
Craig MC7 - Oregon USA

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 05:03:11 AM »
WEll that's a shame. I was really looking forward to following this project.

Guess I just don't get what all the concern is about privacy of a site full of photos. Are there psychos out there who troll bus photo boards and prey on the old and innocent?

craig
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 05:18:49 AM »
The photos are easy to find....go to Photobucket and search for "Brill-O"    Bring them right up.   Right interesting pix.
JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 05:40:49 AM »
Well, that was a complete waste of time.

Had to register. Then the stupid site keeps trying to log me in as Brill-o???

I just don't get how some of these sites ever get off the ground or why people would choose to use them in the first place.

Enough of that. Good luck with your Brill. Looked like an interesting project.

craig
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 06:13:17 AM »
Brill-0 asked me in a private email to remove the click-able link I had added to make the photos easier to get to. Nick then removed the link during the night. I really do not know if that prevented any non-members from viewing the photos or not.

Regardless, my apologies to Brill-O for posting the link.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Brill-o

Apologies are in order
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 06:45:41 AM »
Hello again-

Let me first say that any ill feelings, and undue problems were my doing.
I sincerely apologize for any negative situations I caused by this-

Please allow me to explain my method of madness:

I created this photo album to be semi-private, thus not allowing the average passer-by, hacker advertiser, or even lurker could access it. I had no intentions to cause any grief here, by all means.

I had the wife set up the link in a pic so it could only be accessed here by the members would sign in (as they normally do to view most pics posted here).

This was for both your benefits and mine.

As I stated in the “Brill at the fair” thread and above in this post, I give high regard to all here and I felt that it was only right to give everyone here the chance to view what I’ve been up to and not have anyone just drop in. I though it would be like a personal diary I could offer just the members here.
I meant absolutely no harm or hassle for any of you.
I thought it would be a good thing.

I’ve had some generous offers to help me post the pics here, but that would have taken a lot of time in just the uploading itself, and they would have been spread out. I wanted to keep them all together as a running log for the time of my re-assembly.

I will post the link again, below-

As I said in my opening post, when you open the picture posted below, there will be a link on it.

It will need to be copied (written down) and typed into your address bar.
You can then bookmark then, it if you like-

Once the link opens, there will be two blue photo album names of my albums. You can click on either one of these and see my pics.

The site is password guarded and I posted the direct link here bypassing it, to save any trouble—I feel I’ve caused more by trying to keep it in our site without letting it float all over.

Again, I truly apologize for any inconveniences this has created.
I tried to do a good thing here and messed it up.
My intentions here were to be a small asset—not a big @$#-

If any one of the constant voices or thread starters here feel I caused more hassles or more problems them my worth—please PM me and I’ll pick up stakes and quietly move on….no worries-

My sincerest regrets….

Here is the direct link.

Cheers..
Mind the Gap!

Offline brojcol

• Jimmy
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 06:51:23 AM »
Hey Brill-O:

The body and frame look pretty straight.  I don't think it looks any worse that some old cars that folks fix up all the time.  I don't understand why some people think we're nutz for wanting to fix up classic buses.  To me, it's no different than pulling a '57 chevy out of the weeds and restoring it. 

Good luck my friend, can't wait to see the finished product.

Jimmy ;D
"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Apologies are in order
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 07:05:33 AM »
Hello again-

Let me first say that any ill feelings, and undue problems were my doing.
I sincerely apologize for any negative situations I caused by this-

Please allow me to explain my method of madness:

I created this photo album to be semi-private, thus not allowing the average passer-by, hacker advertiser, or even lurker could access it. I had no intentions to cause any grief here, by all means.

I had the wife set up the link in a pic so it could only be accessed here by the members would sign in (as they normally do to view most pics posted here).

This was for both your benefits and mine.

As I stated in the “Brill at the fair” thread and above in this post, I give high regard to all here and I felt that it was only right to give everyone here the chance to view what I’ve been up to and not have anyone just drop in. I though it would be like a personal diary I could offer just the members here.
I meant absolutely no harm or hassle for any of you.
I thought it would be a good thing.

I’ve had some generous offers to help me post the pics here, but that would have taken a lot of time in just the uploading itself, and they would have been spread out. I wanted to keep them all together as a running log for the time of my re-assembly.

I will post the link again, below-

As I said in my opening post, when you open the picture posted below, there will be a link on it.

It will need to be copied (written down) and typed into your address bar.
You can then bookmark then, it if you like-

Once the link opens, there will be two blue photo album names of my albums. You can click on either one of these and see my pics.

The site is password guarded and I posted the direct link here bypassing it, to save any trouble—I feel I’ve caused more by trying to keep it in our site without letting it float all over.

Again, I truly apologize for any inconveniences this has created.
I tried to do a good thing here and messed it up.
My intentions here were to be a small asset—not a big @$#-

If any one of the constant voices or thread starters here feel I caused more hassles or more problems them my worth—please PM me and I’ll pick up stakes and quietly move on….no worries-

My sincerest regrets….

Here is the direct link.

Cheers..

Brill-o Don't you go pack'n up and move'n on anywhere! I don' care what anyone says! You got as much right as the rest of us to use this board! I myself (and I think most of the others) find your project and posts quite interesting! You've taken on a very challenging task of bringing such a fine piece of history back to life, which I myself and mny others on this board would be scared to attempt such a job. So you stick around and keep us updated about the progress of "Luray"! BK ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 07:20:32 AM »
Absolutely Brillo -- I'll second BK's request.  Please stay around and continue to post the trials and successes of your mission.  I've loved your stories to date and getting that old motor running is something I would have loved to have been there for.

BTW. I appreciate your desire to maintain some level of perceived confidentiality.

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 07:42:25 AM »
I've been looking forward to seeing these photos for a while - I really admire your ambition and courage in taking on such a big and worthwhile project. I'm sure there will be 'low points' on the journey, but rest assured you have a real bunch of well-wishers on this board, so keep us all informed of your progress!

I'd be interested to know what exactly your plans are for the final outcome - ie.

1) fully restored to original working condition
2) light and sympathetic conversion to camper for occasional runs to events
3) full RV conversion with all mod-cons and mechanical upgrades (ie. diesel engine etc)

There's a big community of commercial vehicle enthusiasts in the UK (both trucks and busses), but they all concentrate on achieving '1', and maybe only travel to a couple of events each year to show off their vehicles and enter concours competitions etc. For me, although I admire their restoration skills, it is a great shame to see these fine old vehicles doing only maybe 100 miles a year, and out of sight for 363 days out of every 365. Personally I hope you go for '2' (or even '3' if feeding that petrol engine becomes too expensive), and actually get some use out of the vehicle.

I know you are still several years away from having the Brill finished in whatever form you choose, it's just that I'd be interested to know what your plans are

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 07:50:28 AM »
Brill-o,

First, my appologies if my previous comments seemed harsh and directed towards you. That wasn't my intention. I was mostly frustrated by having missed out on the original post with the link, and then trying to navigate go through that piece of crapbucket photosite registration.

I think this is probably one of the coolest conversion endevours I've seen to date. It's right up there alongside the blue silversides that was rescued from the desert which had bullet holes in it. They started a website, too, and then it never went anywhere, and now I've lost it.

I mean, after all, how many buses come with their own personal Bus Bat, and a trunk to boot (pun intended)?  That's just too cool.
I can't imagine digging into this thing like you're doing, in the condition it was in, and I really want to follow along on your journey, as I'm sure everyone else on this board does. I encourage you to continue posting your photos as you go, but please consider finding a more user friendly site to use.

craig
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal