Author Topic: 30/30 Brake Chambers on MCI  (Read 3500 times)

Offline ChuckMC8

• 1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM
30/30 Brake Chambers on MCI
« on: August 30, 2006, 04:48:23 AM »
  Here's a research project/poll of the boards 925 members-
Occasionaly, I read a post regarding replacing factory MCI DD3  brake chambers with 30/30 or some other spring brake chamber.
I usually reply that's not possible, theres not room for the canister unless the shock absorber is relocated. (IIRC) Its been a few years since I rebuilt the ones on my MC8.

So, the poll/question is- Has anyone on this board successfuly changed from DD3 to some other brake chamber on MCI?

If so, please post details of what you used, cost, parts etc.
If not, I'll continue to post it isnt possible....(within reason)

I want to be sure that I pass on accurate information. Thanks!
Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

Offline Stan

Re: 30/30 Brake Chambers on MCI
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 05:34:28 AM »
I changed a MC-7 Combo to spring brakes. Since this is a modified drive system it probably does not apply to any other MCI.  I know that the two previous MCI buses I had did not have room for spring brakes.

On the MC-7 Combo I used standard Bendix 30-30 spring brake chambers and redid the brake air system to that used on trucks with a single brake system.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal