Author Topic: Fancy Kitchen Table/s?  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Tully Lee

Fancy Kitchen Table/s?
« on: October 31, 2010, 07:23:35 AM »
Looked high and low on the internet.  Want something real fancy looking or high tech looking like I see in a lot of the upper scale coaches today.

Any idea where I can look?

Where does Liberty or Marathon get there interior item/s?  Or, are they all pre-fab at their
facilities.

I have a 90 Prevost with a old looking table that I would like to update.

Any ideas?

Tully

Offline eddiepotts

Re: Fancy Kitchen Table/s?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 07:29:12 AM »
I think the high end prevost do make all their own from what I have seen. Go to your local granite company and ask to look at their drops. It is the scraps left over from bigger jobs. You can usually get it for about $2.50sqf to $4. you might find you want to do more than you think.

Offline Tully Lee

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 07:36:39 AM »
That is a good idea as well.  The area of the table is small-  1.5 foot wide by maybe 4 foot.

Will check that out.

I thought it would be an easy task to find a table / table top.  Not so much.

Tully

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 08:05:04 AM »
saw one a friend did..Oval shape like a mirror with outer cherry wood frame. the center was clear acrylic 1/2 inch  where it was slotted into the frame there was rope lighting in slot first...when turned on it looked like a waterfall. when off looked like regular glass table..
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline Depewtee

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »
Tully,

Looks like both of us are currently redoing the interior of our coaches.  I currently have my table out and I am thinking about installing an "eating counter" instead.  The reason for this is I have a 96" wide coach and as we spend more time on the road than at a campsite we rarely have a real "sit down" meal (if we do, we usually sit outside - weather permitting).  I have not sketched out dimensions yet, but I envision it running the length of what was the factory booth and maybe being about 18" wide (need to research optimum width).

Brian S.
Brian Shonk
Fort Walton Beach, FL (Florida Panhandle)
1981 Prevost LeMirage Liberty Coach
1984 TMC MC-9

Offline Ace

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 06:26:26 PM »
I put a table with free standing chairs for two in mine but only used it once. We also put an eating bar that we use all the time with two bR stools. In fact the table will soon become a built in cabinet as we have already eliminated the two chairs. We just dont use it as a table because of the bar. I can post pics if needed!
Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 02:50:34 AM »
Robert your friends table sounds lush, but i cant envision where exactly he put the lights to make a waterfall effect..... any pics by chance???
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline Tully Lee

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 05:04:01 AM »
Im pretty sure this is the table in question.  Would be nice I could could by this from some supplier out there....?

Tully

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 05:32:27 AM »
Infinity mirrors have been discussed on here before; I'm still thinking about using one on my ceiling, but can't decide whether it'd be a tasteful & stylish complement to my bus, or a nasty bit of bling that would make a limobus look cheap.

The first result in Google for 'infinity mirror table' is this company who will sell you such a table as shown in your photo for $1595:

http://www.lightenergystudio.com

Jeremy

(PS. You could make such a table top yourself for next to nothing - all you need is a string of led lights, a conventional mirror, and a second sheet of glass covered in one-way mirror film. The one-way film is available on Ebay for use on security windows - I bought some myself to build my ceiling mirror, but haven't been able to bring myself to use it yet).
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

Offline Joe Camper

• One Stop Prevo Shop
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 05:33:24 AM »
Tully that table would cost you a couple thousand dollars purchased.

It can be duplicated for a fraction.
Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.

Offline Joe Camper

• One Stop Prevo Shop
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 05:37:32 AM »
Infinity tables and mirrors are easily duplicated with smoke and mirror film attatched to glass or plexi.

The corian surronding the lightshow is not the full thickness of the table often only 1/4 backed up with plywoood.

Even so a table like the one Tully posted up probably weighs 75lbs...very heavy better have it mounted right
Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 05:38:29 AM »
Oh the infinity mirrors...... I had something else going thru my mind, I should have known. Yes those are cool, a lot of people are doing the mirrors on the ceiling.
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 05:39:38 AM »
The table Tully posted is it.  the slot for the clear top is just deepened and a thin strand of rope lights installed first. with lights off just looks like a nice clear type table.By the way if you sit at it you can see thru it.been there.  Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal