Author Topic: What's on your wall.  (Read 2319 times)

Offline chuckd

What's on your wall.
« on: November 15, 2010, 12:53:38 PM »
Yes, shorty has some very nice "plush" carpet on his wall. Doesn't it just make you want to go disco dancing?

chuck

Offline eddiepotts

Re: What's on your wall.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
Mine is laminate.

Offline Ace

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 02:52:08 PM »
We have paintable wallpaper (but hasn't been painted) and cherry laminate with round corners thru-out.
Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 05:11:52 PM »
I have bright silvery OEM stainless steel with a few places of glue that needs scraping and misc stuck pieces of early 1980s style yellow foam insulation  ;D

One day I will have walls that will be cool. I have some 4x8 African Mahogony in 1/8" thickness and I have paintable wallpaper....... One day, all this will go up. It is a step at a time, and for me there seems to be lots of time in between the steps.

I love the blue rope lighting, and the carpet is really good for sound deadening and insulation purposes, and Ace's looks so elegant!!
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline eddiepotts

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 05:44:18 PM »
The blue lighting really helps at night while driving. I don't have to close the curtain to block the glare from the windshield.

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 05:45:21 PM »
We use quilt batting on wall covered by upholstery material.lots of choices in design and color also easy to update..3rd coach this way . nice soft touch and sound deadening..Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »
That's another thing I have TONZ of is quilt batting and upholstery grade deep blue velvet. I need to get some time to finish stripping, Im getting help to put the bus in the air and do the work needed underneath, then I gotta finish stripping. I also gotta put up insulation which I think I am going to use the bubble tin foil stuff because the spray foam is expensive and the styrofoam would melt in a fire and I think that with 2 layers and an air gap inbetween that the bubble tin foil would be just as insulative if not more so then the other 2 choices. The wiring and plumbing will be in channels outside the walls for easy maintence and I guess I will have ductless air cond and heating. Im still confused about painting the inside of the coach with ceramic paint stuff before I put up the insulation..... I may or may not do this.
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 06:17:58 PM »
in a fire the fumes (poison Gas) from furniture would get you first long before the plywood over the insulation burned thru.the R-factor on the bubble is next to nothing. compare r-value and cost.Another discussion but it is very important considering the extreme temps you will be using your coach in..Good luck Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 09:28:10 PM »
Thank you Bob for the info both in PM and here. Im back to the drawing board. I would rather not gas my family which is why I was staying awaying from the foam board. Yes, this insulation is for another discussion. When Im ready to actually do the work I will post a thread about it.

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 03:26:54 AM »
I'm a long way from needing it yet, but I bought a roll of commercial-grade fabric wallpaper from Ebay for my bus. It's the sort of stuff you see in the lobby of hotels and so on - very plush, but also very durable. Being fabric-based it's quite thick and is impossible to tear (I've tried), so I think it will be ideal for the bus. The roll I bought was huge, so I think 95% of it will be going back on Ebay when I've done.

Jeremy
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal