Author Topic: Please post your location  (Read 8598 times)

Offline JohnVickrey

• 1960 PD 4104-4541
Re: Please post your location
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 09:18:18 AM »
Excellent Idea!!  We can use this thread to look at our posted profile too.
John Vickrey   -   Dearing, GA
About 2 hours East of ATL on I-20 and 4 miles south of I-20.
Got Electricity and Water for 4-5 coaches.  Less that a mile to a
dumpstation.  Stop by and sit a spell.

Offline JohnVickrey

• 1960 PD 4104-4541
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 09:26:05 AM »
If you are headed south and need a place to stop for a while you are welcome here, overnite or a few days.  We are leaving Dec 27 for Bussin' 2011. 

If you get here before Dec 27, you can see Lois' Christmas light display.  We are near Augusta, GA and when she turns the Christmas display on the lights in Augusta flicker. ???

Offline Highway Yacht

• *****Jimmy*****
  • Locust, North Carolina
    • WWW.MciBusTalk.Com
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 09:50:44 AM »
I'm just north of Roanoke, Jimmy.  About eight miles off I-81, exit 150.

Ohh ok... I bought my MC-9 from Abbotts in Roanoke. I'm just about 30 miles east of Charlotte.

Jimmy
1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 02:07:48 PM »
If you get here before Dec 27, you can see Lois' Christmas light display.  We are near Augusta, GA and when she turns the Christmas display on the lights in Augusta flicker. ???

So, are all those lights helping keep ya'll warm?  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline dpinson90

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 03:48:05 PM »

David R. Pinson   FMCA #571   ---5511 85th St----Lubbock,tx 79424-4607--806-798-7351--Eagle 05/10    Built in 1975---Love bussin---This eagle is our 5th converison

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 04:59:53 PM »

John Vickery   

We are planning on leaving on the 27th also. Will be going down hy. 321 from nc then to 301 through Ga.  From north of Jackson I have not figured out yet. I will try to stay away from inter state especially near Orlando.

Will probaly head west and go down through Lakeland and Bushnell. Then 17 to Arcadia. Any good ideas from the gang. Hope to find a rout that does not have access to I4. Makes for a better drive hate traffic.

Hope to see all soon.

NCBob I am planning on seeing you there.

uncle ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline JohnVickrey

• 1960 PD 4104-4541
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 07:06:27 PM »
Jack
The lights, a couple of electric heaters, heat pump, fire place and a fire in the fire pit outside........ 

Uncle Ned
We usually go to St Cloud down 301, I'll let you know when I figure out what I'm doing this time.  If you leave at 6am and I leave at 6am you will catch me before I get to Florida...... :-\

Offline belfert

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 07:27:11 PM »
I thought I had my location in my signature, but apparently not.  I added it to my signature.  I already had it listed in my profile.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline Lonnie time to go

• Lonnie
  • Saginaw, Michgan
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 10:34:21 AM »
This had me thinking again ( look out ) maybe we could have some kind of short list by state.

Maybe just click on a state and have a list of all members in that state.

Just a thought.

Lonnie
1976 4905

Offline Runcutter

• Runcutter.com
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 01:14:11 PM »
Lonnie, that might be an idea too.  I know there's a help list, and I think I'm on it.  Your idea of a member list would go beyond that.  I suspect quite a few folks, particularly newer members, might not think they have the experience to add their names to a list specifically devoted to helping others.  I'd be interested to know if there are other members in the Dallas, Texas area, regardless of experience. 

The impetus for this thread was someone with a specific problem, asking for help, but there was no way to figure out where he was.  If he was close, I'd have been willing to take a look.  If he was close, I could probably have asked my retired GM Field Engineer friend to come along.  Russ Long had posted the same request in another thread with someone who had a problem with his bus.  So, I echoed some past requests to add location to signature lines, so we (potential helpers) could find out quickly if we were in the neighborhood. 

Another way to look at it --- if you're asking for help, try to make it easy for potential assistance to reach you. 

Someone I know (not bus related), called me for help when the person's auto broke down, then turned off the cell phone to preserve the battery.  Of course, it took me several tries to find the breakdown, and not being able to call really raised my blood pressure.  I was not overly polite when I finally found the car. 

Arthur
Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
Former owner of a 1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others

Offline Bill B /bus

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 04:18:01 PM »
Location;
Look at the website - aprs.fi then search for N1XRB. The map will show a yellow, hey its the only color available in the software, bus. If moving click on the call sign, N1XRB, and you will see speed and direction. Tracking is available if you really want to see where we end up.

Hopefully, weather permitting, we will leave central Maine on the 27th of December. Then a speed run to Arcadia.
Travel in Florida depends on time of day. I like the 301 route. And like so many others I hate I4.

For the help list - well we are where you find us.

Bill
Bill & Lynn
MCI102A3, Series 50 w/HT740

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 03:18:57 AM »
i'm not changing my signature everytime i move.  w're in kentuk today. soon to be alabama, then florida, then arcadia, then who knows?
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline Runcutter

• Runcutter.com
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 07:28:30 AM »
Tom, your signature is perfect, and something like that would take care of you, too, Bill.  "Fulltiming Somewhere" , "On The Road", or something similar tell the story.  I have noticed that most folks who fulltime/travel will, when asking for help, tell us where they are - right in their post.  There would be no need for frequent updates. 

I think the issue goes more toward people who are asking for help, from their home location.  Yes, I know where some of the regulars live, from their past posts - but I don't have the brain cells to try to retain everyone's location --- if we've ever been told in the first place.  I'd hope the newer members see this, and think of it. 

Here's a hypothetical example.  Jose New Member posts that his Eagle has a problem with its whosiframitz.  A bunch of people try to tell him where to look, we go back and forth with photos, etc.  Once he tells us where he is, three days later, I find that it's the Eagle that I drive past several times a week, in someone's driveway, about 5 miles away.  Further, there's a much more experienced busnut, almost walking distance from the Eagle.  If I knew anything about Eagles (I'm strictly a GM guy), I might have been able to stop by and help, although my friend is a GM/TMC guy, his 50 years of bus maintenance experience might also have been helpful.

Bottom line, for those asking for help, try to make it easy on the responders.  When I've had to call 911, the first thing they ask is for location.  We're not out do do something sinister, we just dont' want to have to do a bunch of detective work that isn't necessary.  As to the thread that got me started on this post, I actually looked at the member's profile two or three times over several days - just in case he'd updated it with his location.  Since there was no way to find out where he was, and since with a country this big, it's more likely he's somewhere far away, I figured that had fulfilled my obligation. 

Arthur       
Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
Former owner of a 1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 09:34:42 AM »
Quote from: Runcutter
Tom, your signature is perfect, and something like that would take care of you, too, Bill.  "Fulltiming Somewhere" , "On The Road", or something similar tell the story.  I have noticed that most folks who fulltime/travel will, when asking for help, tell us where they are - right in their post.  There would be no need for frequent updates.  

I think the issue goes more toward people who are asking for help, from their home location.  Yes, I know where some of the regulars live, from their past posts - but I don't have the brain cells to try to retain everyone's location --- if we've ever been told in the first place.  I'd hope the newer members see this, and think of it.  

Here's a hypothetical example.  Jose New Member posts that his Eagle has a problem with its whosiframitz.  A bunch of people try to tell him where to look, we go back and forth with photos, etc.  Once he tells us where he is, three days later, I find that it's the Eagle that I drive past several times a week, in someone's driveway, about 5 miles away.  Further, there's a much more experienced busnut, almost walking distance from the Eagle.  If I knew anything about Eagles (I'm strictly a GM guy), I might have been able to stop by and help, although my friend is a GM/TMC guy, his 50 years of bus maintenance experience might also have been helpful.

Bottom line, for those asking for help, try to make it easy on the responders.  When I've had to call 911, the first thing they ask is for location.  We're not out do do something sinister, we just dont' want to have to do a bunch of detective work that isn't necessary.  As to the thread that got me started on this post, I actually looked at the member's profile two or three times over several days - just in case he'd updated it with his location.  Since there was no way to find out where he was, and since with a country this big, it's more likely he's somewhere far away, I figured that had fulfilled my obligation.  
Arthur        

Art reminds me off the recorded 911 call I heard on the radio once!
Bubba calls 911 and tells them "I need an ambulance I think my wife has had a heart attack or stroke or something!"
The 911 operator asks "what is your address sir"
Bubba; "Eighty two fifteen Eucalyptus Lane"
911 Operator; "Could you spell that for me?"
Bubba; "U...c....a.....l............. Oh shoot why don't I just drag her over to the corner of Oak & Elm streets for ya. That'll be easier on both of us!" ;)
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal