Author Topic: Glad I'm not heading to Arcadia today!  (Read 8183 times)

Offline bevans6

• 1980 MCI MC-5C
Re: Glad I'm not heading to Arcadia today!
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 06:32:25 AM »
This weather is very extreme!  Easily the worst I've seen this early in the winter.  Last night 360 cars were stranded on Highway 402 just outside Sarnia Ontario, which is near Detroit.  The highway has been closed and people are getting re-supplied by snowmobile...some are getting evacuated.  The thought is that the lake effect snow is worse because of the winds and cold over the great lakes that haven't had time to start to freeze yet.

Brian
1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Allison MT-647
Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 07:26:53 AM »

BK  Yep  I think we should blame Cody.  He may wake up and respond.

He may be like a old bear,  gone into hibernation

uncle ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline belfert

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 08:03:58 AM »
Right now, the biggest issue from our snowstorm is the traffic.  It took one of my co-workers 45 minutes to go three blocks in Downtown Minneapolis yesterday.  One of our major interstates still has an unplowed lane even though other interstates are plowed full width including the shoulders.

I expect it is going to be a rough winter with the way government budgets are.  Government can't afford the million dollars or more to properly remove all the snow in downtown Minneapolis.  It will cost the city $1 million just for normal plowing for this storm not including any extra snow removal.  There is no place to put this much snow.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 08:10:05 AM »
for ones headed south thru Indiana (SW) major roads are clear today but we are expecting Freezing rain wed nite. 2degrees F here this morning high in teens.
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 01:22:01 PM »
Why not just put it in the Metrodome  ;D

"I expect it is going to be a rough winter with the way government budgets are.  Government can't afford the million dollars or more to properly remove all the snow in downtown Minneapolis.  It will cost the city $1 million just for normal plowing for this storm not including any extra snow removal.  There is no place to put this much snow"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 07:31:27 PM »
Why not just put it in the Metrodome  ;D

"I expect it is going to be a rough winter with the way government budgets are.  Government can't afford the million dollars or more to properly remove all the snow in downtown Minneapolis.  It will cost the city $1 million just for normal plowing for this storm not including any extra snow removal.  There is no place to put this much snow"

Oh Niles youse is just too funny! I thought that the Metrodome already had more snow than it could hold! ;)

By the way Niles are you going to be @ Bussin2011?
(just curious, I'm trying my damnedest to make it all work out to be there myself! there!)
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal