Author Topic: Batteries AGAIN...  (Read 3536 times)

Ace

Batteries AGAIN...
« on: September 05, 2006, 04:03:23 PM »
Sam's used to carry Champion group 31 batteries but have since changed. I have two of them that have constantly given me trouble. Could be the batteries or it could be the system. They no longer carry this brand any longer and will be happy to exchange them for the new brand they carry now. It's a group 31 labeled "Energizer". Has anyone else ever used this brand before? The Champions were a "get me going quickly" purchase, due to the Interstate Battery store being closed at the time.

Thanks
Ace!

Offline ChuckMC8

• 1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM
Re: Batteries AGAIN...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »
Ace, I haven't had any trouble with my Champions (2 years old, also from Sam's) but I wouldnt be afraid of the Energizer brand...I think that most batteries come down the same line anyway and just the ID is different......
Just to add to what Len says below, I made a copy of my battery reciepts and put them in my log book. All batteries on my bus came from Sam's.  (2 grp 31's, 8 Golf Cart batts, gen start batt and also the batt in my VW toad) Without the receipt, the warranty goes from the date code instead of when it was purchaced, as most know already...... FWIW
Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 05:24:18 PM »
Just be very careful and check the date codes when buying from Sam's.  I had a brand new battery fail. Turned out it was 14 months old.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Ace

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 05:30:48 PM »
I ALWAYS check the daet code and get the latest stock!

Just wasn't sure about the brand. They tellme they have had a lot of the Champions come back and that's the reason for changing, so they say!

Ace

Offline Beatenbo

• 1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power
    • The Beatenbos
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 07:19:50 PM »
Any body dealing with batteries should have this info  www.batterylifesaver.com  This thing WORKS!

Offline gus

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 07:37:45 PM »
I had these same problems with Champions from WM years ago and now try to avoid buying a Champ if possible. Sometimes it is hard to tell who makes their batteries but the Auto Section people usually know.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal