Author Topic: A source for Dina and some MCI parts in Illinois  (Read 3958 times)

Offline belfert

A source for Dina and some MCI parts in Illinois
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:36:14 AM »
Raines Bus Lines in Golconda, Illinois has several Dinas they are parting out.  The parts I bought were dirt cheap.  There is also a building with shelves full of MCI parts.  Lots of MCI luggage doors and various pieces of stainless.  No idea what models they are from.  Phone number is 618-285-6662 ask for Carl Raines.

Ken Masters had already bought the one good condenser bay door I wanted.  I ended up buying another luggage bay door instead and will cut vents in it.  I bought two more luggage doors at $50 each to keep in inventory in case any get damaged.  Dina luggage doors will get harder and harder to find as time goes on.  I bought a few other misc pieces I needed while I was there.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline ruthi

Re: A source for Dina and some MCI parts in Illinois
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:24:24 PM »
Since it was cold when you were there, it prob wasnt a problem then, but when we were there in the summer there was a tick infestation going on. The guys picked several off of them, and the bus got them in it too, amongst some other critters, lol. We had to fumigate the bus. It really is in the middle of nowhere, as we call it around here, in the boonies, lol. Glad you got some parts. We are going to have him ship the parts we needed. Thanks for cking.
Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 12:52:23 PM »
Carl ran alot of Mci 8's and 9's .     Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 02:39:39 PM »
Carl ran alot of Mci 8's and 9's .     Bob

yes Bob back in the early days he ran & sold/leased MCI's until he got into the Dina's.
He pretty much would buy & lease any particular bus a customer wanted provided he had a good lead on one CHEAP. (not saying there is anything wrong with that, just good business!)
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal