Author Topic: MCI-E4500  (Read 3890 times)

Offline william e carlson

MCI-E4500
« on: April 16, 2006, 12:52:28 PM »
  Does anybody own one of these? The electronics can be overwhellming! I have the Trace inverter (2) of them. My problem is I do not know how to reset them to factory spect. When I read the factory manuel, I just get confused. A freind was to help me a while back, but nothing so far. They keep clicking on and off, and I'm afraid it might be doing some damage to them. Coach is plugged in to 220. Please excuse my spelling and my one finger typing. I really love busses, as I'm a retired (retarted) Greyhound Driver. Any help out there would be apreciated....THANKS, AND THE NEW FORMAT IS NICE.

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
Re: MCI-E4500
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 01:02:06 PM »
The problem is that the inverters are set to search mode, and are looking for a load that is high enough to turn them on. It does this by sending out a small current to determine if anyone wants to consume it. The search load is adjustable.

Download the manuals from xantrex web site and go through them to learn how to operate the inverter menu system. You can set the search wattage up to keep it from clicking on and off.

I recently dropped my bus off at the shop to have the oil changed. Before I left, I set the inverter to search. The fridge was the only thing on, and it was running at the time. When I went to pick it up, the carbon monoxide detector was laying on the seat. I plugged it in and it started beeping every second. Yep, the inverter was in search mode and every time it would search, it would cause the CO detector to beep like it does when it's plugged in. Good think it was in an area that is not heavily populated. I'm sure the mechanics were wondering what the heck was going on when they got to work the next morning.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline busguy01

Re: MCI-E4500
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 04:05:48 PM »
I have a MCI E4500 that I am converting. Not sure if the question has anything to do with the coach however!!
Started with nothing - still have most of it left!
1963 Eagle 01 with Detroit 60 series done (Gone-sold!)
MCI EL3 in progress. raised roof & Slides
2009 Revolution 42 Sticks and staple
Summer - Yankton, South Dakota
Winter- Sebastian, Florida

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal