Author Topic: Dash lights/Tail lights out  (Read 2473 times)

Offline thejumpsuitman

Dash lights/Tail lights out
« on: February 13, 2011, 05:08:17 AM »
Good morning.  Got a little problem.  Dash lights and tail lights are out on an Eagle 05.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking ground, but have no wiring diagrams to hunt it down.  I know in a car, the tail lights are dash lights are always on the same circuit.  Thought it might be a similar thing.  Thanks.

Marc
1992 Wanderlodge PT-40, 1960 PD-4104
Albemarle, NC

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
Re: Dash lights/Tail lights out
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:42:05 PM »
Marc, On an Eagle 10 (and I think an 05) take a look in the electric service panel beside the driver on the outside are a ton of fuses.  They make their contact at the end of the fuse.  They may have been a good idea at one time, but they can give you grief as the spring pressure drops over the years. 

Spin each one and I think that at least the dash lights will come on.  I also think the tail lights to through those fuses.

I have a sheet of all of the fuse connections on a 10 and would be happy to work with you to see if they are close to the same for an 05.

Give me a call if you need more help three zero three 478 thiry five zero one.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 01:35:42 PM »
Jim, no fuses in the panel all self setting breakers and relays my understanding he has 1 tail light he needs to open the doors on each side and check for power at the junction box on each side and he may have the sealed tail lights and they are bad,the dash and tail lights are on the same circuit.
If he has clearance lights he should have 2 tail lights,that bus does not have the 05 dash so who knows lol you know the converter thing.

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline gus

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 02:45:07 PM »
Marc,

Do you have marker lights? 

I don't know about Eagles but many buses have marker, dash and tail lights on the same circuit.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Offline blue_goose

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 06:21:57 AM »
On my 05 the tail lights and dash lights are on the came relay and the marker lights or on a different one.
Jack

Offline thejumpsuitman

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 07:22:32 AM »
I do have marker lights.  Every time I have ever seen dash lights out, tail lights are out as well.  It must be a universal setup.

Actually, one tail light started working.  Still no luck with the others or the right turn signal.

This is a minor concern of course until we are back on the road.  ;)
1992 Wanderlodge PT-40, 1960 PD-4104
Albemarle, NC

Offline gus

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 01:59:16 PM »
If one tail light works you probably have a problem at the rear since they are directly connected. Probably a bad connection at the rear electrical panel, very often just a corroded terminal or wire. Had a bunch of those in my 4104.

Again, I'm assuming Eagles have rear panels.

Turns and brakes are on a different circuit.

I'm eventually going to put my dash lights on a separate circuit, I'm pretty tired of this problem!

Again, older GMs have tail lights, dash  and markers together.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal