Author Topic: Problems at the Scenicruiser Orphanage (who wants a Scenicruiser?)  (Read 14968 times)

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
Re: Problems at the Scenicruiser Orphanage (who wants a Scenicruiser?)
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »
I wish I could remember the details now but they escape me.

Some years back, a North Florida farmer was having problems with people complaining about all his trucks and tractors being an eyesore.  Technically, they had him for a zoning violation of some kind.

They stopped complaining when he put up a big sign about the large pig farm operation coming soon to the property, which was completely OK with the rural zoning.

It seems that sometimes, out in the country, farmers sometimes plant houses instead of crops.  The city folks move out to their "Ranchettes" and immediately start complaining about the smells and noises coming from the farms.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 01:00:15 PM »
Kyle

These guys are just up the road from me in Williams California and they used to buy old Buses to fix up or for parts for Movies. They would landall them in from all over the country. Don't know if they still do. Worth a try.

Dave

http://www.coachmaintenance.com/

(530)473-5544
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

artvonne

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 04:09:18 PM »
  I live in Minnesota and I am not aware of a bunch of freedoms I am giving up by living here.

Brian, I lived there all my life, 51 years in fact. Im sorry you wernt aware of the steady march of draconian laws and rules and regulations that have hemmed in sportsman, fisherman, hunters, boat owners, land owners and gun owners. Besides that, Its the 4th highest taxed state in the US. Not the 17th like the local news networks or Star Trib try to lie about. Combine all that joy with the coldest average temps in the lower 48, Mosquitos that keep you inside all summer, drivers that constantly cut you off, tailgate, wont let you in/out, give you the finger while mouthing the word, and some of the most Gestapo police ive ever had the pleasure of meeting. But honestly, y'all givin us Mr Franken was the last straw.

I been here a year and a half. No one is foul mouthed, everyone waves and smiles, lets you in, holds doors open for you, seldom tailgated, havnt got the finger yet, and you can do just about anything you could do up there 30 years ago and no one thinks anything of it.

PS. They suspended two police officers down here for foul language. Kinda funny. 

Offline belfert

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »
I've heard a lot of horrible things about MN State police.  Then there was that episode a busnut had after a minor accident a few months ago.   

My one and only interaction with the MN State Police was very pleasant.  My brand new truck died two miles from home on a -9F day.  A state trooper stopped and offered to take me to a nearby gas station to stay warm.  He ended up taking me home since my house was only another 1/4 mile away.

What happened to RickB was unfortunate.  Luckily, I have never used my bus for anything commercial so I shouldn't have that issue.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

artvonne

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 05:19:14 PM »
  I'm starting to think I may never have seen a scenicriser. All along I thought they were 45 footers. You can put a roadranger in these big ol dudes. right?

Offline Chopper Scott

• MCI 7
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 07:00:27 PM »
I wish you lived closer to me. Not because you could move those ole potential eye candies to my place. Better yet that my biker buds and I could show up and act like we are buying the property!!! Not that we are bad types but that's just between us. Sometimes putting the fear of God into someone isn't such a bad idea. That and some good old "an eye for an eye". You already know how the local officials are so concerned about your property. It probably works both ways.
Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.

artvonne

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 08:00:23 PM »
You already know how the local officials are so concerned about your property. It probably works both ways.

LOL. im sure we could all imagine a few scenarios that could make the neighbor decide the Buses arent such a big deal afterall.   

Offline RJ

• VantarĂ© Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 12:54:19 AM »
Paul -

Of course you've seen a Scenicruiser - you're young enough that they were still in revenue service with the Gray Dog when you were a teenager!

Yes, a 10-spd RoadRanger will fit - these are a "T-drive" configuration.  Be forewarned, tho - you can easily end up with a backwards shift pattern!

But, just to refresh your memory, here's a photo I took in Los Angeles of PD4501-001, the first one off the production line in 1954, still owned by Greyhound, now in it's historic fleet:

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

artvonne

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011, 03:47:17 AM »
Paul -

Of course you've seen a Scenicruiser - you're young enough that they were still in revenue service with the Gray Dog when you were a teenager!

I know they were in service, I just dont ever recall seeing one out on the road, or anywhere else.

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2011, 02:41:11 PM »
I posted pictures in the photo section over at :
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Scenicruiserdepot/

Look for photo albums :
"PD4501-789" for the conversion that ran good last it was used. Reinstall radiator hoses & add water. . . .

& "PD4501-869" for the seated coach. This one will need to be haulled on a trailer & will need serious work, but it has all the interior trim.

You will have to be a member to see them, but if you pay attention to your personal account settings, you won't get any emails or spam from them. The moderator is very good at keeping spammers away.

I'll entertain serious offers.

BTW, if I get these buses removed in a timely fashion, I will make a generous contribution to the board as a thank you for all their help.  ;D
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal