Author Topic: Smoking. Cracked ring...??? What to do  (Read 233371 times)

Offline boxcarOkie

Re: Smoking. Cracked ring...??? What to do
« Reply #330 on: March 10, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »
BCO,

The quality and varied advice will keep it going a long while longer and given the mind boggling number of posts it is an experience of deep interest to most of us.  I think getting a bus with a fragile engine is a nightmare for all....I know I dread it happening to me.  Getting crosswise with a merchant/shop is high on the list of heartburn episodes to be avoided.  I don't think it will be a dead post till Jumpsuit gets many many miles down the road...trouble free.  Me, I am still holding my breath for the guy so I read all the posts and I am getting bluer by the minute. ;D

John

Well John, it just might be me, being cranky and all, but it seems to me it is resolved.  But that is my take on it, and I will be quiet.

BCO

Offline Van

« Reply #331 on: March 10, 2011, 12:12:35 PM »
Look at it this way Don, we got us a 300+ all time record breaking thread going on here, now that's something ya kin hang yer hat on lol! ;D  ;D
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

artvonne

« Reply #332 on: March 10, 2011, 12:39:19 PM »
  Me, I am still holding my breath for the guy so I read all the posts and I am getting bluer by the minute. John 

I know I and some others here, made some noise that wasnt greatly appreciated by some, but what was happening was very unreasonable. They started off making his life hell, and it continued. But we must realise this was a management problem at the store level, more than a company policy problem. While its easy to assume the managers are taught to act in this manner, if they are making commision they may be acting in their own self serving interests.

Had this behavior been company policy, they wouldnt have bent at all. This shows that at least in this case, the company does care about the customer. Sad that it had to go on so long or require so much noise, but they have stepped up to the plate. I am sure they have the best guys on it now, and will stand behind it for a while. Maybe 90 days? I dont know their standard warantee, but I doubt well hear anything bad now.

But while a manager may be out looking for a new job becauseof this mess, it doesnt mean the next guy couldnt come across another jerk  manager at another shop tomorrow. Service managers can often be some real rogue authoritarians that a company sometimes has to throttle.

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #333 on: March 10, 2011, 03:25:25 PM »
Look at it this way Don, we got us a 300+ all time record breaking thread going on here, now that's something ya kin hang yer hat on lol! ;D  ;D

No comment.  I am now "read only" and that is it.

BCO

Offline Chopper Scott

• MCI 7
« Reply #334 on: March 10, 2011, 05:06:01 PM »
At some of our ages having something to hang your hat on requires little blue pills!!! :D :D So come on Don........ Are you still  "read only"?  :D Like I stated before. The ONLY reason this has gotten this many pages is because of the really awesome people that live here. I've been happy, unhappy, mad, bored, checking it constantly, bored again, excited and judgemental........ per page!!!! Posted sometimes, sometimes not. Changed my mind and deleted some posts. I sure haven't been bored!!! :) Eventually Marc will post the final outcome and after 4 more pages it will end up really driving someone nuts when they search "Williams"!!! ;D
Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #335 on: March 12, 2011, 01:13:57 PM »
  Me, I am still holding my breath for the guy so I read all the posts and I am getting bluer by the minute. John 

I know I and some others here, made some noise that wasnt greatly appreciated by some, but what was happening was very unreasonable. They started off making his life hell, and it continued. But we must realise this was a management problem at the store level, more than a company policy problem. While its easy to assume the managers are taught to act in this manner, if they are making commision they may be acting in their own self serving interests.

Had this behavior been company policy, they wouldnt have bent at all. This shows that at least in this case, the company does care about the customer. Sad that it had to go on so long or require so much noise, but they have stepped up to the plate. I am sure they have the best guys on it now, and will stand behind it for a while. Maybe 90 days? I dont know their standard warantee, but I doubt well hear anything bad now.

But while a manager may be out looking for a new job becauseof this mess, it doesnt mean the next guy couldnt come across another jerk  manager at another shop tomorrow. Service managers can often be some real rogue authoritarians that a company sometimes has to throttle.

I know I and some others here,
I resemble that remark ;D  You and I were on track, more or less.  But that is what makes horse races, right?  No, it's the other way...sorry.

The thing here was that so many of our "All Star" hitters came out in favor of the company and the Atlanta shop.  That should give anyone great pause and I thought and rethought my posture.  While BCO has a comparatively short history here he has rapidly attracted a following and justifiably so.  Add my name to the list early on.  While I am disappointed in his final posture on this thread, one "aw-$#!%" does not cancel one thousand attaboys in my book.  I can accept what he wants for himself on any issue and he is always welcome.

I am still with you.  We wish Jump the very best.

As  I noted in another post, W has a excellent rating with  RV owners for work on engines and transmissions and their comments are posted and recorded.  I never doubted for even the most brief of an instant that they had done some very good work if the likes of BK and Clifford (and others) were so firmly in their corner at the outset.  Never a doubt!

Jump will post the outcome and details, for sure.

We may not be as alone as we feel. Art. 

Thanks,

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #336 on: March 12, 2011, 02:59:48 PM »
"While I am disappointed in his (BCO's) final posture on this thread, one "aw-$#!%" does not cancel one thousand attaboys in my book.  I can accept what he wants for himself on any issue and he is always welcome."

Thanks.

BCO

Offline Eagle Andy

• Cowboy Coach
  • 1968 Silver Eagle # 7481
« Reply #337 on: March 12, 2011, 04:07:51 PM »
Good  ;D
1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT

Offline Chopper Scott

• MCI 7
« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2011, 06:30:56 PM »
Bump! :D :D :D
Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.

Offline thejumpsuitman

« Reply #339 on: March 13, 2011, 10:53:15 AM »
My true and final thoughts will only be given if someone needs to know and wants to PM me.  I have by no means posted everything that has happened, nor will I.

All I can say right now is that I hope to have our bus back this week and that I like the trajectory of things.
1992 Wanderlodge PT-40, 1960 PD-4104
Albemarle, NC

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #340 on: March 13, 2011, 11:00:07 AM »
Call me please I don't do the PM thing lol 

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Lonnie time to go

• Lonnie
  • Saginaw, Michgan
« Reply #341 on: March 13, 2011, 11:15:20 AM »
Please post the ending when you get the bus please

Lonnie
1976 4905

Offline thejumpsuitman

« Reply #342 on: March 13, 2011, 10:08:08 PM »
I think my last comment was poorly written, or at least misunderstood.  Nothing new has happened, and all is well as far as I know.  

I am just not interested in discussing W.W. Williams anymore.  In writing what I wrote, I had more in mind someone in the (distant) future who might be searching the subject and looking for info about the company without sifting through all these posts.  

I appreciate all the interest in our experience and everyone's support, but I think we have said all that needs to be said about the company as it relates to my experience.

Williams gets accolades from me for covering the tow bill, and unless something changes, that is the last thing I want to say about them.

That being said, and with all the members who seem to be interested, I will update everyone about the bus when we get back down to pick it up.

Marc
Albemarle, NC

Offline thejumpsuitman

« Reply #343 on: March 16, 2011, 09:58:10 AM »
Well I spoke with the shop foreman at Williams.  He says if all goes as planned, Friday should be our day!
Albemarle, NC

Offline chart1

« Reply #344 on: March 16, 2011, 09:52:08 PM »
Remember the whole way home just keep saying...I think I can ..I think I can....I think I can ....SEBN Here I Come!!! ;D
1976 MCI 8
8v71/740auto
8" roof raise

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal