Author Topic: Airline from compressor head? 6V92  (Read 3983 times)

Offline grantgoold

Airline from compressor head? 6V92
« on: September 13, 2006, 06:28:25 PM »
An airline broke today that leaves the top of the compressor head and 10 inches later connects to a manifold.  Is there any reason the line is only a 3/8 hose with small fittings on both ends? Would a steel line be better? What are you folks using?

6v92 MCI 9.

Thanks

Grant
Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Airline from compressor head? 6V92
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 09:27:51 PM »
An airline broke today that leaves the top of the compressor head and 10 inches later connects to a manifold.  Is there any reason the line is only a 3/8 hose with small fittings on both ends? Would a steel line be better? What are you folks using?
6v92 MCI 9.
Thanks, Grant

Grant that is not right! If we are talking about the same hose. Is it the main hose that goes from the center of the head to a pipe hooked to the "ping tank" ? If so it should be about 3/4" Braided Steel line ! Is the one you are talking about reduced down on both ends with bushings?  I'll take a look on the "8" & 102 A3 in the morning to get a better visual on what yer look'n at! BK  ;D

PS gimme a call during the day if ya got time and I'll talk to ya about it!  731-885-7460
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 05:58:36 AM »
Hey Grant, does the hose connect to a device that has a cylinder looking thing on it?  If so, you are dealing with one of the small hoses that the governor uses.  As BK alludes to below the main air supply hose from the compressor is braided steel and very large and generally goes about 2-3 feet before it connects to the bus at the ping tank.  The small hoses (2) on the governor are used for delivering operating pressures of the coach air supply to the governor and are not designed to carry high volumes of air.

Offline grantgoold

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 06:05:23 AM »
This must be the governor hose. The pipe goes to a manifold only a few inches away on the roof and then several smaller 3/8 hoses moves to a variety of spots. One in particular started this whole repair and that was the tag axle regulator. It also has a connection to this manifold. I am not talking about the large lines that move forward to the large tanks.

Thanks

Grant
Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 06:10:17 AM »
Grant, You are working with the pressure supply hoses to the govenor.  No need for a large hose there.  Just have NAPA build you a replacement.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 06:29:53 AM »
Brian you are correct! Last night my mind was drawing a blank as I was trying to "remember the set up" or in other words "I was try'n to think but nothing was happening!" lol BK ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 06:38:14 AM »
Brian you are correct! Last night my mind was drawing a blank as I was trying to "remember the set up" or in other words "I was try'n to think but nothing was happening!" lol BK ;D

Man I hate when that happens!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal