Author Topic: Does anybody like facebook?  (Read 7926 times)

Offline thejumpsuitman

Does anybody like facebook?
« on: March 02, 2011, 08:06:18 AM »
I apologize if this is too far off topic, but I was wondering how many people had a facebook account with pics of their bus?  I enjoy looking at the thread here where people can post pics, but maybe people have a lot more on their projects and buses on their F/B page.

I did a search here on the board for "facebook" and there were very few posts about it, and what was posted was somewhat negative.  If you have ever been tangled up with a virus or something, I can understand the negative. 

I personally like facebook, but I don't like all the periphery.  I just employ common sense and ignore something if it looks suspicious.  And make it a rule to never apply any extra apps, play games like "farmville" or accept friend requests unless they are from people who I know are actually real.  Facebook has allowed me to catch up with a lot of old friends and acquaintances, some I had not spoken to in over 20 years.  My wife doesn't like it and says people should just call and keep in touch in the "real world", but like it or not, it is the way a lot of people communicate in today's world, especially young people.

If anybody here wants to be "friends" with me on facebook, my page is here... 

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1409697409

Just send a message along with the request with "busnut" in the subject line and I'll know you are a real person.  LOL

My Elvis "Jumpsuitman" page is here...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Jumpsuitman/10150134180355230

When we do get our bus back, I will be posting more pics both here and on F/B.

Marc
1992 Wanderlodge PT-40, 1960 PD-4104
Albemarle, NC

Offline Charley Davidson

Re: Does anybody like facebook?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:16:19 AM »
It's a whole lot easier to post pictures there than here.

Offline thejumpsuitman

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:27:27 AM »
It is surprising how many pics you can load on F/B.  Is there even a limit?
Albemarle, NC

Offline Kenny

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 08:44:58 AM »
Way off topic
1941 and 1945 Flxible - South Lyon, Michigan

Offline thejumpsuitman

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 09:01:44 AM »
If not facebook, how many of you have made blogs about your projects or have a photobucket album with more pics?  On the Eagle forum, you cannot load pics.  You have to have a photobucket account or something similar. 
Albemarle, NC

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 09:14:32 AM »
In my case both Facebook and Photobucket. But I rarely go to either place except to add photos. I never play any of the apps on Facebook.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 09:17:48 AM »
This is me http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1802080599 I used to play a lot of games but dont anymore. Unfortunately I have well over 1000 but dont even know except about 20 lol It would be way to time consuming to go thru them all and cull the herd plus I may want to start playing again later :) But yes, this is really OT and Im sure will be moved soon Please put Bus Nut in the request too And please dont POKE me lol that is anoying
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline thejumpsuitman

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 10:22:07 AM »
I forgot about youtube.  My wife gets upset with me in the evening when she is watching a movie and I am watching bus videos.  Maybe I'm the only one... (yeah, right).

By us actually buying a bus, I lost one of my hobbies... which is looking for buses to buy.  ;D ;D ;D

What will I do with all those evening hours?
Albemarle, NC

Offline GP

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 11:06:57 AM »
jumpsuitman, surely you jest! Now you have a bus you will have a hard time finding time to do anything other than working on IT!
These beasts take lot of salve.
George & Debi
Indiana
99 Prevost XLV - Angola Conversion

Offline thejumpsuitman

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 11:18:21 AM »
jumpsuitman, surely you jest! Now you have a bus you will have a hard time finding time to do anything other than working on IT!
These beasts take lot of salve.

I knew a comment like this was coming...   ;D  I tossed you a softball.
Albemarle, NC

Offline ruthi

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 11:25:39 AM »
Sometimes on one hand I love fb, but other times I hate it. I started using it about a year ago. I love the fact that I caught up with family and friends that I havent been in touch with in many years. But, sometimes it is annoying, and you can see some of the stupidness that comes out of people of there. ;D It does allow me to keep up with family better that lives far away. I dont friend anyone much except for family and close friends, as we all have family pics on there, and you know bout all the bad stuff out there. I just recently, after all this time found out that there is a setting that you have to set to make it secure. If you see http on the address instead of https, then you have to go into the settings and change it. Who knew ??? Oh, and it IS so much easier to post pics there too.
Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!

Offline rampeyboy

• 1954 Scenicruiser PD4501-227
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 11:47:56 AM »
I hate it, but I use it because that's what most networkers are using it seems. Marc, now you can spend your time looking for tech videos on youtube on how to fix things on the bus!
Boyce
Boyce Rampey
Columbia, SC
Scenicruiser 227

Offline Kevin Warnock

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 12:50:38 PM »
I love FaceBook. Please add me as a friend as I love to see updates on bus conversions. I also like that I get to 'know' people better on FaceBook because I read their status updates and learn things I didn't know before, which gives us more to talk about when I see them in person.

I'm at http://facebook.com/kevinlwarnock

that's Kevin L Warnock, not Kevin I Warnock if you're typing it and not clicking it.

I haven't posted my bus conversion pictures there yet, but I will soon. I do post status updates about my RTS, and even posted an update when I crashed my RTS in January.

I think FaceBook has made my life better, and I really admire its creators.

I don't play games there or spend hours a day there, but I do spend a good 10 minutes a day there every day of the year, which is saying a lot.

If you aren't on FaceBook, I really recommend you give it a try for six months and then decide how you feel about it. I'm currently trying to get my parents to sign up, to no avail...

Kevin Warnock

Offline thejumpsuitman

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 01:01:12 PM »
I love FaceBook. Please add me as a friend as I love to see updates on bus conversions...

Hey Kevin, just found you on there and sent a friend request.

Marc
Albemarle, NC

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 01:10:59 PM »
If not facebook, how many of you have made blogs about your projects or have a photobucket album with more pics?  On the Eagle forum, you cannot load pics.  You have to have a photobucket account or something similar. 

This is not exactly right. 

I have loaded a ton of pictures over there, and here.  Photobucket allows you to put them in the "proper format" before bringing them over to post.  Over at the bus club they ask you to start a project page, and then you put your stuff on your project page.  (Just don't put it in the wrong place, they get all kind of bent outta shape on people who put it in the wrong place.  That's when the fun starts.  Over here it is more adult, they recognize it as being in the wrong place, and they move it.  Pretty simple.) 

Just put up something on Project pages and/or photo's and ask 'em how to do it, they will jump on it in a heartbeat.

This is how it works.

BCO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal