Author Topic: Pony Express maybe  (Read 10579 times)

Offline wal1809

Pony Express maybe
« on: March 08, 2011, 09:29:56 AM »
I am looking for a Pony Express from a fellow bus nut.  I have found something I need in Odessa, Texas and I am trying to arrange a pick up if anyone is headed to Houston via Odessa,Texas.  If I can't find a fellow bus nut willing to make a pick up and I have to go, the offer stands from me to anyone needing a delivery.  It can be anytime within the next two months.  Oh you have to have a hunting license to be in possession o the cargo.  It is not illegal but you do have to have a Texas hunting license.  PM me and I'll fill you in on the cargo if your a candidate.  I'll pay a premium for fuel just to keep from having to drive to and from Odessa.
1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline eddiepotts

Re: Pony Express maybe
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 11:15:36 AM »
Sounds like snakes to me  ;D

Offline Charley Davidson

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 12:39:23 PM »
Dead or alive?

Offline wal1809

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 07:36:51 PM »
Sounds like snakes to me  ;D

Winner winner chicken dinner!! 
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline wal1809

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline Highway Yacht

• *****Jimmy*****
  • Locust, North Carolina
    • WWW.MciBusTalk.Com
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 07:47:33 PM »
Dead or alive?

Alive

:o I think you just ruined all chances of finding someone to pick up your "Cargo".. but good luck anyways..

Jimmy
1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 07:55:08 PM »
Those snakes would have a long way to crawl before I picked that cargo up you are nuts Wayne lol
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline wal1809

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 08:17:22 PM »
Those snakes would have a long way to crawl before I picked that cargo up you are nuts Wayne lol
A little nuts, probably.  I use them for training hunting dogs to stay away from them.  I started doing it long ago.  It is kind of like a train I want to get off of but I can't.  Upon retirement we intend to set up an on the road schedule from here through New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California.  If I can still do it.  It is very taxing on my body. 

I don't want to post how I use it because people read these things.  But I can tell you sleeping in my own bed on the road helps a lot.  The training is so taxing, my wife would sometimes have to drive me home.  I am mid 40s now.  I am not sure if I can do it after 50.

Anyhow it was worth a shot for the pony express.  Surely somebody isn't afraid of a box full of rattlesnakes.  I would rather have an arse whooping than drive to Odessa and back. 

I normally wouldn't have to go that far but the guy I buy the snakes from tried to put the screws to me last Sunday.  I told him what I thought and that was the end of that deal.  O would rather pay a lot more and drive to Odessa than to let somebody put it to me the way he was trying to put it to me.  He even said "Hope you enjoy buying the gas to go to Odessa".  I'll eat dirt before I deal with a crooked dealer.

www.snakebreaker.com

Offline wal1809

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 08:21:19 PM »
Here you go Luvrbus!  I figured if your figuring I am nuts this pic will confirm it.  My wife gets pi&&ed everytime she sees it.
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 09:13:07 PM »
Rattlesnakes? Like in poisonous? Are you nuts? It's on your head??????????? OMG!!!!!  :P
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline wal1809

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 09:29:23 PM »
I tried to be evasive in the original post but I should have known.  And yes I probably am a little nuts.  I have been around them so long I have come to see they really aren't what they have been labeled as.  We as humans do far more death and damage to each other than a rattlesnake could ever do.  I use to be really afraid of them.  Not anymore.  You would be surprised if you ever just watched them with no Hollywood prejudice. Most biter occurr when people who don't know what they are doing mess around with them or try to kill them.  I wiuld bite somebody too!!

I was raised to kill all snakes.  It is a neat thing  to be in south Texas and see them in the wild.  Even better to be witness them with somebody who was raised to kill them, and change their mind.  I have done it several times.  I talked them out of killing the snake and walked them up to it.  Explained the years of bad information away, showed them they are not vicious at all.  They are simply another one of Gods creation.  I would say they are extremely beutiful creatures that simply put, if they were not here neither would humans. 

This fit way off of pony express.  We migh have to move it over to the other section.  Any takers on a pony express? 
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 10:22:26 PM »
Didnt they make a movie........ Snakes on a bus
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline chart1

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 10:48:52 PM »
I have snake phobia but times are tuff how much you willing to pay!LOL
1976 MCI 8
8v71/740auto
8" roof raise

Offline Charley Davidson

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 10:52:47 PM »
No disrespect meant but dude you are crazy for believing all that you said, Poisonous snakes are "NOT" pets & can "NEVER" be pets. They are not trainable or trustable. Ask any real snake professional. I've seen documentaries on guys like you who are no longer with us or at least almost never made it. PLEASE respect the dangers.  

And yes I'm scared to death of snakes

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 03:18:16 AM »
We live in a rural area, thus, snakes.  I caught and released seven of them last year here at our acreage.  I do not believe in rattlesnake roundups or festivals, and I believe the snakes are here for a purpose.  Not for our amusement or pleasure. 

I do however, give them plenty of room and respect them for what they are .... dangerous and deadly reptiles. 

If I see one, and he is not "aggressive with me" my practice is to allow the snake to retreat and live another day, I don't go out of my way to kill them.  If you believe they got a bad wrap and not are dangerous, then you are sadly mistaken.  I applaud your efforts on snake proofing hunting dogs and all that, but putting one on top of your head, that is just plain foolish. 

Sorry, but that is just how I see it.  The movie camperbrat, was "Snakes On A Plane" with Wesley Snipes.

BCO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal