I don't mind them, I just don't open them up
24 (21.8%)
Get rid of them, Move them to Rally section
42 (38.2%)
I like reading the latest rally updates on Bus Discussion
23 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: September 25, 2006, 08:03:08 PM

Author Topic: Rally Poll.....Time to vote Members.  (Read 9873 times)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Rally Poll.....Time to vote Members.
« on: September 18, 2006, 07:45:58 PM »
Ok Members, This is your Board!

Lets give this a little effort.   This is our Job ,to make this board member friendly..

So cast your vote and you will be heard.

Thank You!
Nick Badame
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Homegrowndiesel

• Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel
  • 73-05 Eagle
appropriate moderation
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 05:16:47 PM »
Thanks Nick.

As of today 37.9% do not want all the bumping of rally events and feel they should be moved to a segregated area.

I am glad 62.1% do not mind it or look forward to the news.

One of the most inspirational things in my conversion process was the BUSNUT gatherings we had to get ready for.

Ok folks, lets only post something that adds to the thread,,42.4%

No efforts Mate, we all try to make this "Board Member Friendly".

Bill
Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3, 102d3 and NABI series 50 transit. Busnut x4

Offline D+C4106

Re: Rally Poll.....Time to vote Members.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 06:31:09 AM »
Bill,   As of this morning I read the poll to say only 15 of 60 want this to remain.  The rest of us either had to scan past the topic or actually did not want to see it over and over again.  Good luck  Denis

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 03:44:54 PM »
i loves the democratic process.....

I'll be...

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 05:53:17 PM »
Hey it's ok I can take a hint! I've quit already! BK  ;D

Although it'd sure be nice to have an idea how many or who's planning to show!
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 08:52:06 PM »
WELL,  Based on the response to the poll, one must conclude that most poeple don't give a rat's behind about where the rally posts are posted.   I like to see them...may not open the ones that I'm not interested in...no problem.   Only a tiny percentage have voted.   So we must assume that things are working pretty well as it is. 
BK, Party ON Dude! ;D   If you cannot advertise or discuss various rallys, you ain't gonna get any busnuts to attend.  repetitive rally info works on potential rally attendees. 
Some of the rallys like Arcadia and Timmonsville have a high read and response rate...albeit some posts are a little lame...little inane...but?  So what.   Timmonsville will go away soon, then Arcadia can get wound up!   POTTIE TIME! oops....PARTY TIME! 
Talking about these rallys is half the fun...you get a feel for who's going to be there...gotta be ready when you arrive!  Time's awasting!!
Rally ON! 
My 17% dos centavos!   JR  8)
BTW, can I have two votes??? Since I'm over 61, and am a Sr Member....shouldn't we get like some special privileges...not Hero stuff you know, but maybe an extra vote or two?   For the OLD Timers? :-*
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 03:38:42 AM »
       BK, After hosting 6 Bussin' rallies (ranging in size from 45 coaches to 198 coaches) and currently planning Bussin' 2007, I have found that most of those attending wait until the last couple weeks to commit. I think the volatile fuel prices only makes this worse, especially for those that will travel longer distances to the rallly.
      I agree that it would be nice to have adequate advance notice to help with planning but sometimes things are not what we want.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 06:41:11 AM »
I just wanted say one more thing on this, since I started this whole thing.

My whole intention was to stop the BUMPING (posting in a topic just to move it to the top of the list)

If someone has relative information, comments, questions, new updates...etc  Its great...

But, there had been (in my opinion) an excessive amount involving rallies.

I did not want to exclude Rallies from the general BBS....

If we could just end the BUMPING everthing is "Great" as far as I am concerned.

The Poll results can easily be read in many ways, depending on your position on this matter.

Which is obvious from the written responses under the poll.

Good luck with that one Nick  :-X

And last I want to publicly apologise to BK

It was his bumps that started me on this topic, but he is by NO means the only offender.

BK,  didn't mean to throw you under the bus...so to speak..... ;)

Alright....Back to BUS stuff

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 10:53:30 AM »
"And last I want to publicly apologise to BK

It was his bumps that started me on this topic, but he is by NO means the only offender.

BK,  didn't mean to throw you under the bus...so to speak.....

Alright....Back to BUS stuff

Cliff
"

Cliff,

No problem ! I knew it was only a matter of time before someone got tired of my annoying bumps, and said something! And to be honest I was surprised how long it took and who it was that first said anything! (I really expected someone else too long ago! LOL!)
As far as throwing me under the bus, that's ok too! I got a pit! LOL! Oh yeah it has electric in it and since I'll be spending a lot of my time in it at the "TN FALL BUS BASH" im gonna put my mini fridge down there to keep my "TIPS" cold! LOL!

Now my turn to apologise to ALL! I don't mean to be annoying with my bumps, it's just this is my first attemp at putting the "TN FALL BUS BASH" and I'm really nervous as to whether or not I'm gonna have enough folks to eat this whole hog! We hope to have enough goofy prizes for the halloween party and such! We just don't want to spend a fortune and not have any attendees, but at the same time I don't wanna be too tight and not be able to have enough of what ever to go around for all who do show! But I'm taking advice from the man who should know best *Jack* and gonna just play it by ear and hope for the best!

Thanks Jack!!
 BK, After hosting 6 Bussin' rallies (ranging in size from 45 coaches to 198 coaches) and currently planning Bussin' 2007, I have found that most of those attending wait until the last couple weeks to commit. I think the volatile fuel prices only makes this worse, especially for those that will travel longer distances to the rallly.
 I agree that it would be nice to have adequate advance notice to help with planning but sometimes things are not what we want. Jack
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 12:02:11 PM »
BK - It'll be fine - Just concentrate on having some fun yourself - As Jack I'm sure will tell you - After the first one they take on a life of their own - next year you'll probably have to LIMIT the number of attendees - Sorry I can't attend this year, but I'm sure you all will have fun anyway - FWIW
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline Paso One

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 09:45:55 PM »
I voted based on the question.... I'd rather just go to one spot and read all I want to know about a rally etc....  nothing wrong with anything ever posted previously..  Just makes sense to go to one thread to read.
68 5303 Fishbowl 40'x102" 6V92 V730 PS, Air shift  4:10 rear axle. ( all added )
1973 MC-5B 8V71 4 speed manual
1970 MC-5A  8V71 4 speed manual
1988 MCI 102 A3 8V92T  4 speed manual (mechanical)
1996 MCI 102 D3 C10  Cat engine 7 speed manual  (destined to be a tiny home )

Offline littlehouse

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 07:46:54 PM »

I wonder if when something is added to ALL UP COMING RALLYS thread that whole line could flash or something to
get are attention over a standard thead. Then you could open if you wanted. But then you would know there was
something of interest. It would be up to the ones posting to keep us entertaned; as we all know BK can; and keep
us coming back for more at that thread. That way no bumping but we would know there was something neat to
read. And if you wanted to anwser you could do that in a standard thraed.   Just a small thought.

Ray with the littlehouse
I want to live long enough to be a nuisance to my children
and i am!!

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 04:24:20 PM »
Well Folks,

I looks like democracy rules!

The vote is Move the Rally Threads to the Calandar!

So Be It!

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 08:10:33 PM »
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!  Looks like the bus rallys go.   Democrats.  Hummppf.    :'(
Oh yeah, I'm a bad looser!   Now I'll have to dig a little deeper to find where the best rallys are. 
I assume that once you make a statement of some sort, that the posts will keep coming as "replys to your posts"??
Hope so.
Whatever works and keeps the most poeple happy works for me.  Life is a %$$%^$@@#!#$% ^^%  struggle.
Best Regards, JR
:D
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »
Maybe we could just get Nick to personally caution the rally sponsors to go easy on the bumping and banners and moving signs and take it a step at a time to try and please everybody! Probably won't be any additional rallys scheduled for this year anyhow.
Richard

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!  Looks like the bus rallys go.   Democrats.  Hummppf.    :'(
Oh yeah, I'm a bad looser!   Now I'll have to dig a little deeper to find where the best rallys are. 
I assume that once you make a statement of some sort, that the posts will keep coming as "replys to your posts"??
Hope so.
Whatever works and keeps the most poeple happy works for me.  Life is a %$$%^$@@#!#$% ^^%  struggle.
Best Regards, JR
:D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal