Author Topic: gmc bus for sale  (Read 11462 times)

Offline happycamperbrat

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline Mex-Busnut

Re: gmc bus for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 11:57:45 PM »
Looks real good!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.

Offline thebusqman

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 06:28:40 AM »
Crap... I was thinking of selling mine and it is pretty much the same thing, with a little better interior...

That is about the same price as scrap  :(

Offline chev49

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 07:24:04 AM »
Well....... its eBay. wait till last 20 sec of the sale n see what it goes for... :D
If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...

Offline wal1809

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 08:22:22 AM »
No doubt about ebay and last minute.  I am looking at "My Ebay" statistics.  I am selling a 12 V vacuum pump that retails for $169.  There are several people that have the item listed in their "Watch this item" list.  I am sure the last minute they are going to have bidding frenzy.  At least I hope so. 

That bus you posted is really nice!!
1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline MEverard

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 11:25:44 AM »
Don't be surprised if it doesn't get much over $5,000.00. There are plenty of great deals out there and this may be one of them. It's a buyers market right now. Let's see what the final outcome is.

Mike
Mike Everard
1960 GMC PD4104-4520
Antioch, CA

Offline Melbo

• MC8 under construction
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 05:47:54 PM »
5450 so a little over five grand

still a bargain but cheap enough

Melbo
If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF

Offline thebusqman

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 10:06:01 AM »
Hmmm. I am getting about the same offer for my bus for scrap right now... do you think I should list it on ebay and hope it goes for more, or just take the scrap price and run?

Time is a huge factor for me, I am in town for a week and need to sell it or store it somewhere new.

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 10:14:04 AM »
Id say put it on ebay for the price of scrap..... what do you have to lose?
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline thebusqman

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 10:31:13 AM »
here are some pictures... I think I might do a 3 day auction or something.

Offline thebusqman

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 10:37:03 AM »
outside of it. There is some broken glass, so I dont know if buyers will want to mess with it, but I think your right on listing it for the minimum bid of the scrap price

artvonne

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 11:43:07 AM »
  With so many Buses for sale today, buyers own the market and will for the foreseeable future. I would spend whatever you need to spend on your Bus very wisely, because you likely will never see any return on investment. If you need to sell, and if you really want any money back out of it, unless its finished to the nines youll probably do better parting it out and scrapping the shell.

Not fair? Do an advanced google search for bus conversion in craigslist. There are 100's and many are very cheap and not selling. When people start selling their things at fire sale prices, it brings the value of everything simular down to that level. We had a house valued at over $500K. When a neighbor sold for $269K because they panicked, what do you think it did to our value? Some neighbors wanted to shoot that SOB, lol. Well, same with Buses. People losing jobs, losing house, Bus has to go, aint selling fast enough, they drop the price until its gone. Everyones panicky. Probably gonna get worse too. If they were smart they would keep the Bus and dump the house. Those are losing money faster than anything.

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 11:48:19 AM »
If they were smart they would keep the Bus and dump the house.

I totally agree! As would anyone who has ever been homeless. It's a lot easier to have a roof over your head for your family with a paid for bus or even a S&S then it is in a house with a mortgage.

Offline 3408cat

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 12:43:47 PM »
Which state is your GM bus located in ??? Thanks , Bill.

Offline RnMAdventures

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »
I noticed that one on ebay as well. If someone get's it for that price and if it is as it appears to be, then that is an awesome deal.

Some buses I see appear to be outstanding deals. When something seems to be "too good to be true"... I start to worry. One bus that I can't understand why it hasn't sold is this one: http://www.sellabus.com/j_miller.html He may have it sold now.

It seems that RV's in general are a buyers market right now and bus conversions are a subset of them with a smaller set of potential buyers.
Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal