Author Topic: Diesel prices keep dropping - hooray!  (Read 10295 times)

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
Diesel prices keep dropping - hooray!
« on: September 19, 2006, 04:45:19 PM »
happy coaching!
buswarrior

From OOIDA Landline e-news:

Diesel average continues to fall
The national average price for diesel dropped a whopping 14 cents per gallon for the week ending Monday, Sept. 18. It is the biggest one-week drop since November 2005.

According to the U.S. Energy Information Agency, the national average price is $2.713 – down from $2.857 a week ago. The week’s price, which is 25 cents cheaper than two weeks ago, is the lowest diesel has been since early April.

The biggest drop was found in the Rocky Mountain region, where average prices fell 18 cents per gallon to $3.052. Despite the big dip in price, the region continues to claim the most expensive diesel nationally.

Two other areas continue to charge consumers an average of more than $3 per gallon for diesel despite a 12-cent reduction in cost from a week ago. In California, the cost is $3.002. The rest of the West Coast is paying $3.014.

The cheapest average diesel can be found in the Midwest region. The per-gallon cost is $2.624 – 16 cents cheaper than a week ago.

The Gulf Coast and Lower Atlantic regions each witnessed price reductions of more than 13 cents. The prices there are $2.636 and $2.625, respectively.

The remaining areas that experienced drops in prices are on the East Coast where the price per gallon fell to $2.699; New England, at $2.832; and Central Atlantic, at $2.844.

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Offline TomC

Re: Diesel prices keep dropping - hooray!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 04:57:28 PM »
2.86 downtown Los Angeles at the independent truck stop on Alameda by I-10.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

belfert

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 05:10:31 PM »
I was at a Detroit dealer today and he claims that his oil guy told him diesel was going to go back up again.

I'm in Minneapolis, MN and I paid $2.479 a gallon for 95 gallons today to top off.  That was the cheapest price I have seen in months and I figure it isn't likely to go down much before I leave in a week.  The place across the street was 2 cents less, but no way could I get the bus in there.  The going price at most stations is around $2.69 a gallon or a bit less.

Last October, Minnesota had some of the highest diesel prices in the nation after the hurricanes, but now we are seeing some of the lower prices in the nation.  Still a ripoff compared to gasoline at $2.18 a gallon.

$2.86 seems downright cheap for California!  Reno, NV is still over $3.00 and most of California seems to be well over $3.00 yet.

Brian Elfert

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 04:34:53 AM »
I was talking to a person that works at one of the largest refineries in Port Arthur, TX. He said one of the main reasons for the difference in price between gasolene and diesel is the cost to make the changes to produce the new unltra diesel that will be reguired by EPA/Gubbermint.  Also the tremendous increase in diesel demand worldwide.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline Dave Siegel

• Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!
    • Dave Siegel Designs
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 06:21:53 AM »
Enjoy now, because the prices will be back up over $3.00 November 8th.

Dave
Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
            Pinellas Park, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com

Offline Happycampersrus

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 11:35:04 AM »
"Enjoy now, because the prices will be back up over $3.00 November 8th."

??? ??? ??? ???

November prices haven't been set yet. How do you know it will be over $3.00.

Offline Dave Siegel

• Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!
    • Dave Siegel Designs
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 11:37:35 AM »
What is November 7th.?
Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
            Pinellas Park, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 11:39:48 AM »
Election day?
Richard

What is November 7th.?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Busnut83

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 04:36:50 PM »

2.43 here in Dallas, Tx.....

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 04:47:30 PM »
What is November 7th.?

Isn't that the day before Alec Baldwin retracts his statement that he will leave the country if his candidate doesn't win? ;D :P :-*

(Disclaimer-For the PC crowd and the deeply uninformed...I was JOKING ;D)

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 11:17:12 AM »
Distillates and Heating oil inventories sky rocketed - so the immediate future should be low price$ - still wholesale prices are 25-30 cents above gasoline - Keep your tanks topped and hope for a mild winter - FWIW
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 01:51:58 PM »
Sorry guys but when we applaud a 14 cent drop in fuel prices it just confirms that our minds are like goldfish.  Every trip around the bowl is a new experience - our memory doesn't extend past the last week.  Up here we were paying in the high 60 cent range 2 years ago, up to 1.20 recently and now everyone is happy cuz its back close to a buck a litre.  Pardon me if I don't cheer.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)

The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you.
Its the last thing but its still on the list.

Dallas

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 02:03:51 PM »
Sorry guys but when we applaud a 14 cent drop in fuel prices it just confirms that our minds are like goldfish.  Every trip around the bowl is a new experience - our memory doesn't extend past the last week.  Up here we were paying in the high 60 cent range 2 years ago, up to 1.20 recently and now everyone is happy cuz its back close to a buck a litre.  Pardon me if I don't cheer.

I agree Bob!
2 years ago we left North Carolina and fuel prices were $1.599/gallon up to around $1.699/gallon.
When we got to South Carolina the fuel prices ran in the $1.659 range.
I really hollered about the price. Now they expect me to be happy about a drop of 30¢?

Ya just gotta love how politics and big business have brainwashed us into believing they are doing us a favor.

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 02:22:34 PM »
Peasants, slaves, serfs, citizens....

all the same, eh?

we've always been played by those in power.

Only thing we got is choice to be happy or sad.

Sad won't change anything, so I'll choose....

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 03:13:20 PM »
BW,

Happy it is brother... ;D

As a little personal game, I always figure any trip as if we flew there, stayed in a hotel, meals, ground transportation

against the cost of the bus and fuel.....With a family of four I am not losing money.

If fuel should get too high(everybodys price point is different)....I will still take trips....Just maybe less than I would like....

But Happy....You bet!

I think I hear the "crack" of a Molson. ;)

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal