Author Topic: Doing the no no(elect)  (Read 2261 times)

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
Doing the no no(elect)
« on: April 20, 2011, 08:19:36 AM »
Running house on bus again. Storms got us last nite looks like several days! Don't throw rocks! we have system installed and approved by local power utility.   One more good reason to own Bus!   no other damage   Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline happycamperbrat

Re: Doing the no no(elect)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 09:59:41 AM »
Good for you! Im sorry about your house with the storm, but thrilled that you have such a great backup!
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline Chopper Scott

• MCI 7
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 10:23:20 AM »
It's nice to have. Several years ago we were without power for three + days at residential and 3 weeks at commercial business's. Luckily I had a portable welder for emergency power and  bought an $800 portable generator also. I would have loved to have had the option of using the bus gen with it's 80 gallon propane tank instead of getting up in the middle of the night and making the rounds with a gas can!! Hope your's is a temporary loss of juice....
Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 11:51:01 AM »
Just got off phone yel ing at computer voice. then called lineman friend and said Moose there are two poles laying down in the back 80 got our leg cut off.   He said:The office said you were back on.Lol. date on pole were 1967 in open field. Wonderful world of always rite computers..HEEEEEE Ok vented now Bob.

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 04:19:33 PM »
Bob,

Nothing like the coach in a pinch!

Have used it over several hurricanes and the aftermath.

Glad You and Judy are OK.

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline belfert

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 08:15:09 PM »
Nothing wrong with using a generator to power the house as long as the connection is done to code.

I have a natural gas standby generator at my home with an automatic transfer switch.  I didn't have an RV when I had this installed.  I don't really have a way to use the bus generator for the house other than running extension cords to each thing I want to power.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 12:40:57 PM »
It's now 3 pm central time. Tv said all power will be restored by 10pm. My poles still haven't arrived. Must going to be a Daytona style Pit Stop..Lol    Bob

artvonne

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 05:20:05 PM »
we have system installed and approved by local power utility.   One more good reason to own Bus!   Bob

I (and im sure others here as well) would be interested to see exactly how your hooked up.

As for when, and how long, it is amazing how fast those guys can repair their stuff once they show up, and interesting to watch them work.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal