Author Topic: I don't like busses anymore  (Read 6032 times)

Offline wal1809

I don't like busses anymore
« on: May 21, 2011, 06:29:11 PM »
I just spent all day, ALL DAY, working on the back up camera.  I ordered the thing online because (go ahead and say it) it looked just like the one I have.  I was thinking I would just plug in the new television.  OHHH NOOOOOOOO!!! It can't be that easy oh noooo! >:(  The electrical connections were not the same anymore. 

So I take out the dash, undo the side electrical panel and start running the new wire.  Come to find out it runs through the interior, right by the wall and just under the hardwood floor.  Not too bad until I got to the kitchen cabinets/the comode/the shower/the closets in the bedroom.  My entire bus is in shambles right now.

Behind our bed is a wall turned into cabinets.  I am stuck where the wire goes under that cabinet.  It wont budge in either direction.  I have the carpet torn out of the interior of that cabinet.  Tomorrow I will have to crawl my large rear end into that cabinet to finish this job.  Then I will have to put everything back.  You have to love these 5 minute jobs.

I aint gripin just venting.   
1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
Re: I don't like busses anymore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 06:41:43 PM »
Meeeee  Tooooooo ::)  The venting that is
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline fe2_o3

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 06:53:53 PM »
I've always enjoyed a quality vent, and that one is a good one. I'm finding nothing that needs to be replaced on these things is easy. I just had to replace the "throne" in the butt hut. The PO put self stick vinyl tile down on a layer of thin lead. It took 2 weeks to peal the tiles off the lead so I could be sure the floor was not ruined by the old "throne". That two day job just ended at the 3 week mark, due to the tile, a home made floor flange, and my clumsy old hands not fitting where they were needed. Grrr #&*%@*&...Thanks for the vent also...Cable
Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.

Offline Joe Camper

• One Stop Prevo Shop
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 03:40:21 AM »
There is not 1 single item on a Prevo that can simply be unscrewed and put back. Every last component is a "process". My camper is one of the most challenging pieces of equipment I have ever worked on. Its what keeps me comming back, keeps my attention.

They deffinatly aint for sissys.
Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.

Offline papatony

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 03:43:33 AM »
why not change the connectors on the old cable?

Offline desi arnaz

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 04:08:12 AM »
If you had done it the way I told you it would of been 50 minutes and $50 .I now have installed one on the rearview mirror. Got the cam at walmart.com for$24 and the coby tv from eBay for $40.
thomas f  Bethlehem n.h

Offline MEverard

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 06:06:31 AM »
Wal,

Why is your 5 minute job only going to take 2 days? I'm jealous. Mine are never that easy.

Good Luck

Mike
Mike Everard
1960 GMC PD4104-4520
Antioch, CA

Offline Chopper Scott

• MCI 7
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 06:26:51 AM »
I started to touch up some areas on the rood in which the white reflective paint had chipped off and now I'm in the process of doing it all! Some quick touch up!
Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.

Offline PP

• Will & Wife
    • Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 11:43:58 AM »
There is only one thing in this bus that takes five minutes to fix, and I would love to tell you all about it, but this is a family board   ;) ;) ;D

Offline wal1809

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »
why not change the connectors on the old cable?

Because that is smart and it makes sense!!! It just grew and grew and then it got to a point where I was going to cut my nose off just so I could spite my face.  I sure taught face a lesson, huh.
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline wal1809

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 12:46:27 PM »
I've always enjoyed a quality vent, and that one is a good one. I'm finding nothing that needs to be replaced on these things is easy. I just had to replace the "throne" in the butt hut. The PO put self stick vinyl tile down on a layer of thin lead. It took 2 weeks to peal the tiles off the lead so I could be sure the floor was not ruined by the old "throne". That two day job just ended at the 3 week mark, due to the tile, a home made floor flange, and my clumsy old hands not fitting where they were needed. Grrr #&*%@*&...Thanks for the vent also...Cable

Yessir 2 weeks ago I had the throne out.  The mice chewed the hose in the back.  A good thing though I found out why the inside of the bus smelled like the back side of a billy goat's arse when going down the road.  There was no wax ring left there anymore.  It didn't always smell like that so either the mice ate the ring too or the heat melted it away.  When I left Frisco I on purpose left the black tank full and did not dump at the park.  Now with the new wax ring it doesn't smell at all when driving.  I bet you the dern mice ate the ring.
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline wal1809

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 12:47:35 PM »
If you had done it the way I told you it would of been 50 minutes and $50 .I now have installed one on the rearview mirror. Got the cam at walmart.com for$24 and the coby tv from eBay for $40.

I know I know.   :'(
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline fe2_o3

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 01:22:38 PM »
So if I read this right...You have a s#%t house mouse that farts candles...Cable
Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.

Offline HB of CJ

We All Understand
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 01:47:16 PM »
Why spend only 2 hours and $50 bucks when we can spend 2 days and $hundreds$?  Or...one finds out you gotta have that....before you gotta have that....before you can do this and sosss on.  HB of CJ (old coot)

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 03:27:32 PM »
You should know by now that a five minute job takes five hours, I thought you were smarter than that.  ;D

Did you ever find or get rid of the mice?

So if I read this right...You have a s#%t house mouse that farts candles...Cable

Thanks, I just spit Pepsi all over my laptop!

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal