Author Topic: Generator  (Read 4678 times)

Offline Chopper Scott

• MCI 7
Re: Generator
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 04:07:29 PM »
I have a liquid cooled Honda 6500 that is a propane unit. I can't argue with those that have diesel powered units because they are probably your best option. I would however hold out and lean the propane and liquid cooled way if you decide to go in that direction. Just another 2 cents in the till.....
Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.

Offline Van

• SPICEY MEATBALL
  • IGNORE
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 04:12:35 PM »
I Have it plumbed through removable 1"3/4 pointing down in the engine compartment for now, like I mentioned earlier it is only temporary. At one time I had mind to build a box for it, but it would only be a waste of materials for a gas jobby, besides the last thing I wanted was gas in an enclosed area. Let me say that mine is not the ideal way to go if you have a budget that allows the purchase of a suitable diesel or propane genny that would be the route I would take, me I am just getting by with mine till it's time belly up to the bar ;) best of luck. :)

Edit. just for the record, so long as you are mindful of the equipment's limitations and how much you ask it to do it should work fine. when we go on a trip it is basically pole to pole for elec, I power up what I need in the bus while working on it during the day.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:21:40 PM by van »
IF YOU'RE NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE, YOU'RE TAKIN UP TOO MUCH SPACE.

Offline chev49

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 05:19:59 AM »
Speaking of diesel gensets... i think there is one in portland ore craigslist for $1000. posted recently.
If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...