Author Topic: Where is lifting points for 8V71 and Trans?  (Read 3026 times)

Offline ChuckMC8

• 1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM
Where is lifting points for 8V71 and Trans?
« on: September 30, 2006, 05:09:45 PM »
I need an experienced eye/opinion as to where to hook the chain to safely remove 8V71 and Allison together.....there is a lifting bracket at the water pump end of the engine and also one on the rear of the drivers side head.
  On the engine I removed, there were 2 lift brackets on the bellhousing, so I hooked my chain there and lifted OK. I can transfer those to the neww engine (the one I need to lift thats pictured below) I am just wondering where the chain normally attaches to lift eng/trans together. Thanks
Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Where is lifting points for 8V71 and Trans?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 08:01:22 AM »
Chuck,

I use a short chain on the bellhousing brackets, to the front bracket. And I use a long chain back to  the rear of the transmission  But also remember I cheat and use a dual line tow truck to do my lifting! (If I remember correctly you're using a back hoe or trac hoe, but still able to do by choking the trans chain the even tensions) FWIW! BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal