Author Topic: Absorption refrigerators - a real pain!  (Read 4315 times)

Offline JohnEd

Re: Absorption refrigerators - a real pain!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 12:14:32 AM »
Tom,

Really good to hear from you.  Any refer that works well at 110 ambient is a unit t cherish.  Good for you.  Curious as to where it was that you got stuck in 110 temps.  I always say that can't happen cause my living room has an ignition key. LOL

Regards to you Lady.

John

PS I owe you a letter of explanation and I haven't forgotten.
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline dellisor

• David M Ellisor
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 08:10:01 AM »
I am in Georgia right now with high 90s and was having an issue with min getting up to high 40s during the day. and the occasional 50 degree. I had an idea to install two brushless computer fans that move about 50 cubic feet a minute each, They are approx 4 inches accross and i mounted them on a piece of plywood mounted directly below the exhaust vent. I also installed a lighted switch so that I can shut them off if need be. The temp in the refrigerator on a 98 degree day now stays at 28 to 32 degrees.

On a side note I also found that if you put 6 bottles of beer in the freezer over night and then put them in fridge on bottom of the door it will be at 24 degrees at the end of the day lol   

Offline pvcces

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 10:28:37 PM »
It was Kingman in July, last year, JohnEd. I did give up, and ran the AC continuously during the day. That was much better.

Doreen is fine and she says "hi".

Take care.

Tom Caffrey
Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska