Author Topic: PROOF OF INSURANCE  (Read 9139 times)

Offline boxcarOkie

PROOF OF INSURANCE
« on: August 09, 2011, 11:33:33 AM »
A man is tooling down the Interstate Highway with his wife and they are heading down the road at a high rate of speed, when the Highway Patrol spots them. He is immediately pulled over, and the cop gets his lic., and proof of insurance. He then opens his ticket book and says to the guy, “I am going to have to issue you a citation for exceeding the legal speed limit by some 18 miles per hour.”

So the guy looks up and says to the cop, “Uh, I don’t know what is going on, I had my cruise control set on 70 MPH, and there must be some mistake.” The wife, who is sitting next to him says, “There sure is, we don’t even have a cruise control, they wanted to put one on the car at the dealers, but you said it cost too much money.”

Then the cop looks down again and notes that he his safety sticker is out of date, so he flips another page, then he says, “I am going to have to write you another one on the safety sticker. You are out of date.” The cop then flips the page on the book and starts writing but yet again.

Police officers are like nosy neighbors, they look at everything.

The officer looks down and notes that he is not wearing his seat belt, so he flips another page, again he says, “I am going to have to write you another one on the seat belt. You are not wearing one.”

So the guy says to the cop, “I was wearing it, I just unbuckled it when you walked up to the car.”

The wife, without looking up from what she is knitting in her lap says out loud, “That is a joke. You NEVER wear your seat belt you told me that seat belts were for dummies!”

The driver of the car goes ballistic, starts ranting and raving, gesturing with his hands, beating profusely on the steering wheel, screaming at his wife at the top of his lungs! When his irritation and frustration has been spent, he sinks into the seat.

The cop leans down, peers at the woman on the other side and asks her: “Is he always like this?”

And she, without looking up from her knitting says … “No, only when he has been drinking a little.”

I finished my drivers side bay project today, if you want a look and possibly some ideas for yours?

See you in the fast lane .....

BCO

Offline CindyandJohn

• 1989 Eagle Model 15 6V92
    • www.cindyandjohn.us
Re: PROOF OF INSURANCE
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 12:33:59 PM »
Funny Story! Very Nice Work! Thanks for Sharing!
Will be away from our bus for a while :(

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 01:13:31 PM »
A similar story with a different outcome.  This one is true.

This couple we know was driving and was pulled over for speeding.  When the officer came to the window, the guy's wife began ranting, "Officer, give him a ticket.  He never listens to me.  I told him to drive slower, but does he listen? Nooo!  It's like this all the time.  He needs a lesson.  It would even be better if you could take him to jail...."

She continued this tirade until the cop cut her off.  He then turned to the driver and said, "Drive carefully, I'm going to let you go this time.  You have enough problems."

Oh, one other.

We were recently on a trip through the Himalayas in India.  You may have seen some roads like we were on if you watched the Ice Road Truckers series in India.  Anyway, they had signs with safety sayings posted along the route.  You know the type.  Little rhyming things about speeding, staying awake, etc. (I must say that I felt that they all should have ended with "Burma Shave).  I found one particular sign quite memorable.  It said, "Stop nagging.  Let him drive."
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline RnMAdventures

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »
Your bay looks real sharp. Nice work, did you do it all yourself?
Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 01:56:19 PM »
Your bay looks real sharp. Nice work, did you do it all yourself?

Thanks.  Yeppers, sure did.  If you utilize the link, it will take you to the article about it on my webpage, kind of a step by step walk thru it.  Took about two and one-half weeks.

BCO

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »
Funny Story! Very Nice Work! Thanks for Sharing!

Thanx, I appreciate it.

BCO

Offline eddiepotts

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 02:01:07 PM »
REALLY?.......REALLY it makes me sick! I wish I had more time and money for my bus. :( It really looks good. Everything you do shows a true craftsman

Offline Van

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 02:01:21 PM »
Remember to pace your self or you will run out of things to do before you hit the road! ;D
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline eddiepotts

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 02:03:14 PM »
Don't slow him down Van, I have a list started for him when he is done  ;D

Offline Van

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 02:09:24 PM »
LOL!
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 03:00:44 PM »
REALLY?.......REALLY it makes me sick! I wish I had more time and money for my bus. :( It really looks good. Everything you do shows a true craftsman

Time is the most precious commodity, there never seems to be enough time to do it the way you want to do it.  If you do most of it yourself, you save some big bucks, that is a given.  There are far more talented people out there than myself and they are using a lot better material to achieve far superior results.

I just work on the "good enuff" principle, and if I can run it by the bride and she likes it, then I know I did well.  (She has a critical eye for details).  Never going to be the boss dawg in the pack, but I am determined to make the first five in the team.

Thanks for your comment.

BCO

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 03:01:55 PM »
Remember to pace your self or you will run out of things to do before you hit the road! ;D

I am going to work it until the 25th of the month Van, and then shut it down for wash-wax-shine.  Don't want to be out on the boulevard stylin with a dirty bus.

BCO

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 03:03:14 PM »
Don't slow him down Van, I have a list started for him when he is done  ;D

No list, please, have some compassion, I am scheduled in therapy in a few weeks.

BCO

Offline eddiepotts

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »
No worries. You can cry on my shoulders as I watch you work Lol. You can start with sound proofing my engine compartment.

Offline wal1809

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »
Outstanding work!!!!
1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal