Author Topic: Electrical Routing Question  (Read 1514 times)

Offline gulfyankee

Electrical Routing Question
« on: August 26, 2011, 11:46:13 AM »
Looking at redoing all of the house electrical on the 4104. I want the electrical hookup and breaker box to be under the bed in the bedroom, and have thought of using the ventilation tunnel on the bottom of each side wall to run the electrical from the breaker box to where it goes(outlets, appliances etc) I've seen what the original converters did with the routing, just shoving it thru the studs (metal, and with no grommeting!) and certainly do not want it left like that! Anybody see a problem with me running it like I intend?
Scott
Based out of Jasper, TX, but am hardly ever there

1958 GMC PD4104-2345
DD 6-71
Spicer 4 speed

Offline Lee Bradley

Re: Electrical Routing Question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 11:52:19 AM »
I think I would want more readily available access to the box and that seems like you would get a lot of dirt collecting in the box.

Offline gulfyankee

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 12:00:17 PM »
Well the bed will actually be in the corner of the room, with the breaker box mounted on the ouside flush, with a cabinet door over it. It will be boxed in, to separate it from the storage area under the bed.
Scott
Based out of Jasper, TX, but am hardly ever there

1958 GMC PD4104-2345
DD 6-71
Spicer 4 speed

Offline gus

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 12:46:27 PM »
Mine has the wiring routed through those vent channels, seems to be the best place to me.

I wouldn't want a breaker box in the bedroom because it is a good place for a fire to start.

Do you still have a usable LH rear escape door?

Also, I like the box as close to the power sources as possible. My gen is located in the old AC engine compartment.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Offline zimtok

• Eddie Smith, the reason for having the bus
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:08:05 PM »
My 4104 has wiring running through those air ducts along the floor on each side. I've never had any problems...

If you really want a breaker box in a convenient location inside the bus that would be OK as a sub-panel, but I would put a main panel in the location of the generator and incoming shore power.

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal