Author Topic: Ceiling Ideas  (Read 10988 times)

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
Ceiling Ideas
« on: September 05, 2011, 06:13:57 AM »
Would like to know what everyone else is doing? I've done mirror/vinyl on 89 prevost and the ozite (short nap carpet like material) on  MCI 8. Out of Box or tried and true ideas.  Pro and cons of each.  Bob 
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
Re: Ceiling Ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 06:55:06 AM »
I am about to that point as well, Bob. I have pebble finish FRP right now and I want something a little "nicer".
Cliff sent me some samples of a "pressed tin" looking product that I really like. Some of it is rather soft and I can't use that as my ceiling is too low and it would get damaged. But there is some out there that is a bit tougher. I may look into that but I need to figure out how to install it without loosing any/very little head room.
I'll be watching this thread!  ;)
Chaz
Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 06:56:55 AM »
http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/robertglines1          sorry could not get indivual pictures to work  go to interior pic album of 89 prevost.  Bob                  

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 07:05:18 AM »
I like the ultra leather on snap in panels made from luan no screws

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline MEverard

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 07:28:09 AM »
My ceiling may not be tougher, but I believe nicer than FRP. I used 3/8 x 3 1/2 double beaded tongue and groove material. It looks nice and it conformed to the round corners of my GMC. I used paneling up to 4 foot and then started my ceiling.

Good Luck,

Mike
Mike Everard
1960 GMC PD4104-4520
Antioch, CA

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 07:32:04 AM »
The panels in the 89 were on luan covered with quilt batting for padding. The buttons were for looks (personal taste) panels are removable. The mirror is a vinyl product about $80 a 4by 8 sheet. special cleaner.  you loose about 1 inch in height for slotted frame work for panels -either mirror or vinyl covered.  Bob

Offline caz

• My conversion blog
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 07:37:20 AM »
My buddy used some textured wallpaper in his that we're thinking of putting on our ceiling. Lowe's has a huge selection of colors and textures and it looks like a much cheaper option than most of the other stuff we've considered. It really made my friend's bus look top notch for being a DIY conversion.
Here's a early shot from the build, it shows it on the walls. Kind of hard to see the texture but it saved the painting step because it came that color.
'82 TMC/MCI MC9

Offline demodriver

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 07:52:50 AM »
Bob, double click on the img code that is below the picture. It will turn blue, then right click on it.  It will give you the option to copy it. Then right click in the reply box on this forum. Click the paste option.  You will have to do this with every picture.

I hope that is easy enough to follow. lol

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 08:40:22 AM »
I'm using the textured wall paper from Lowes on my walls as well. It does look good. It would probably make a NICE ceiling if were not already putting it on the walls. It would be a viable choice!
Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 08:53:54 AM »
I dont know what I want yet. But I did consider carpeting or other fabric and decided against it. The only reason is because there is soooo much dust in the air in the desert and I think vacuuming it would get old. I do have some textured white wall covering paper around here and thought about using it. That stuff is really good looking and easy maintenance. My only issue with it is that my early 80s S&S had textured white covering all over it and I think it might look too 80s to put it on a new conversion. Mirrors and lights reminds me of a cheap motel or a stripper bar lol.  The new tin squares look cool when they are done right. Heck I just dont know yet, I may end up going with peel and stick vinyl flooring for the ceiling lol.
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 08:56:59 AM »
I dont know what I want yet. But I did consider carpeting or other fabric and decided against it. The only reason is because there is soooo much dust in the air in the desert and I think vacuuming it would get old. I do have some textured white wall covering paper around here and thought about using it. That stuff is really good looking and easy maintenance. My only issue with it is that my early 80s S&S had textured white covering all over it and I think it might look too 80s to put it on a new conversion. Mirrors and lights reminds me of a cheap motel or a stripper bar lol.  The new tin squares look cool when they are done right. Heck I just dont know yet, I may end up going with peel and stick vinyl flooring for the ceiling lol.

gonna be hard to walk on!
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 09:03:45 AM »

gonna be hard to walk on!
;D  BK  ;D

;D ;D ;D
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline Ericbsc

• 73 05
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 09:07:50 AM »
Steve Seims out of FL. used a snap in system. One of the neatest I have ever seen. Very pro. look. I will try to find his number for you if you are interested. I uset ultraleather with foam back on my entire coach. Hides wall/ ceiling flaws and add a sound absorber. A pain to install without help of jigs, but I like the look.

I did the same on the dash but in a darker color so it wouldnt reflect as bad.

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 09:58:46 AM »
trying to find paste once I hit reply to post. will try again

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 10:13:39 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal