Author Topic: And Pooofff! The dream is over..............  (Read 5595 times)

Offline Dave Siegel

• Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!
    • Dave Siegel Designs
And Pooofff! The dream is over..............
« on: October 16, 2006, 04:24:14 PM »
Thank you everyone, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. For offering to heat us up, to advice on how to tow the towed. But the dream ended quickly, as quickly as it spawned. Our house sale fell through. The buyer couldn't qualify. The Buyers Realtor led us to believe that they were well qualified and today, (this late afternoon) we found out that they were declined.

Both Jan and I are beside ourselves, we have dreamed of this  day for 15 years. Jan even turned down a dream job that she has been trying to get for years.

But the good thing is, that when I thought I needed help you guys and gals were there. That's wonderful.

Thank you, and good night.

God Bless.

Dave Siegel
Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
            Pinellas Park, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com

Offline Abajaba

Re: And Pooofff! The dream is over..............
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 04:31:01 PM »
They weren't the right people to purchase your property.  That's all there is to it.  The right people just have not come around.

And as far as the realtor blowing smoke, it isn't too unusual for something like that to happen.  I know of someone that is taking their classes to get a realtors licenses and I would personally not want to purchase anything valuable from him. 

A little bit of time and the right person or persons will arrive and let you go.  :)

Abajaba

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 04:49:43 PM »
Dave, hopefully the dream does not have to end. There must be others who would be interested in your home. Maybe just a few weeks delay is all. I hope so anyhow. Don't give up.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 04:58:09 PM »
Dave and Jan,

I feel for you both!  It really stinks when someone else has control over your highs and lows.......

This is only a brief delay.  Things like this happen for a reason, and most likely for your bennifit.

The important issue here is your dreams.... As long as that is in place, It will happen!

Keep your heads high and chalk it up as a learning expierence.......

Nick and Michelle
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline WEC4104

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 05:36:19 PM »
Dave:

Hang in there, it is strange the way things have a way of working themselves out.

Seven years ago we were in the process of selling our previous home.  A successful open house yielded three offers, one at full asking price and two that were close.  The full price offer came from a woman we didn't care for, and one of the  lesser offers came from a really nice family who truely loved the house. Much to my wife's dismay, I told her we had to accept the higher offer and tell the nice family "Sorry".

We notified woman and the paperwork process was initiated.  Our joy in having found a buyer quickly turned sour over the next 2 weeks.  Turns out the woman's marriage was becoming rocky, and she was starting to invent every possible reason to back out. Eventually she did, and it looked like we would have to start from scratch.  The next day I was standing out in my back yard.  I saw a guy come around the corner of my house and immediately recognized him as the nice family's Dad.  He said "I heard that the offer on your place might be falling through.  If it does, I would like to offer you the woman's sale price with same closing date, if you don't relist it."   Done deal, right there.  We were thrilled to see our home go to these folks, the deal went smoothly, and they still live there.

Sometime things look bleak temporarily, then have a way of working out for the better.

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 06:21:05 PM »
Sorry to hear of your disappointment Dave.  May be a blessing.  Rent that puppie and see how you like being a "full-timer."   
Some folk enjoy that full-timing lifestyle, and some don't.  Most think they will.   At least you'll have a home to go back to should you find the highway isn't  your cup of tea. 
A few wanna-be fulltimers find that they are more "anchored" to their home area than they thought.   Maybe ya'll got some "trekkin" blood!
I think I'd enjoy being on the road for a while....not sure Terri (spousal component  ;)) would find it all that exciting.  She likes to stay busy, but I can toss off a day talking or doing some other activity that is totally non-productive.   Sometimes all that diversity in personalities isn't compatible when stuck inside 300 SF.  That's why you will rarely see a toad behind my coach...T will want to go "do something."
Have to go from bus rally to music festival...and back again.    Almost have a bus rally circuit...that'll keep someone busy...had T'ville, Jersey Roundup, and  BK's weekend.  Hope BK's comes off well.   There was a rally in Georgia last weekend?  There's always something to do.
Good luck with your dream!      
Cheers, JR
BTW, you could always go from BusNut to BusNut and  live for free....well, fuel ain't free.   If you find yourself in the Charlotte, NC area, feel free to throw out the anchor... I need some "bus owning" neighbors and I got plenty of room.  Wouldn't be any inconvenience at all!   Phone numbers posted on the Frapper board.   :)
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline JimC

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 06:36:54 PM »
Sorry to hear the deal fell through, I would like to ad that you should not blame the realtor, they wanted it to close as bad as you did, they don't get paid if it dosn't close.

You would be surprised how many times a realtor gets someone Pre Approved only to find out that they lied to the lender, hoping that they would not get caught. No realtor worth anything will waste time with an unqualified buyer!

Another buyer will come around, just look at it as a short delay.
JimC 4106
Wisconsin
4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison

Ncbob

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 06:58:44 PM »
Hi, Dave....

Like so many others, I'm sorry to hear that the house deal fell through...but we seem to liive in that age of dreamers who believe that financing is the answer.  Yours is truly a beautiful home and I could readily see why it would entice someone go for the dream.

In reality, you'll just need to apply the old patience and know that soon, somone will walk into your home and think, "I'm home" and it'll get done.

Setbacks are just that, setbacks...and you will achieve YOUR dream....as will the future owners!  Stay up and positive. That will bring the right couple into your driveway and, Voila, it's a done deal.

Stay steady and calm...one day it's going to be your turn...and we wish you the best.

NCbob

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 05:51:52 AM »
I agree with JR. As I recommended many posts ago, unless you have spent long periods of time in the bus previously, try it out first. Even if you have to close up your home for a few months.

LIke you, my dream had always been to full time in a bus. I had the bus, which was a very nice conversion with everything I wanted in it. After suffering a couple of heart attacks and then open heart surgery, we decided, with my doctors blessing, to go on the road for a few months. After about six months, both my wife and I were ready to return home and get out of the confines of the bus for a while.

Never again did we ever plan on fulltiming. It is really not for every body. I feel it was very fortunate that got a chance to try it before a final committment.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline edvanland

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 09:23:28 AM »
Sorry your deal fell through.  I have had my house listed for over a year and still no offers.  When the time is right it will happen then we can do what we dream of. 
We will get there.
ED
MCI 7
Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal