Author Topic: Unusual things we use our buses for  (Read 4769 times)

Offline brojcol

• Jimmy
Unusual things we use our buses for
« on: October 10, 2006, 05:09:56 PM »
I was bored and missing my bus, so I was just reminiscing about my time with the 1968 GMC PD 4107-1188, which was the love of my life (for a while anyway). 

I began to think about some of the more unusual things I did with my bus (not IN my bus...that's nunya biznezz). 

Here are a couple:

1) I took my niece and some of her friends to their prom in the bus.  It was hilarious.  We pulled up behind four rent-a-limos from various funeral homes and I just sat down on the horn!  My niece told me she felt like some kind of rock star getting out of the bus in front of all her friends. 

2) I transported computer monitors from all over Mississippi to Birmingham, AL for the Social Security Administration (my employer). 

3) I took my little boy and friends "trick or treating" in the bus!  It was a blast!  The weather was too bad for a hayride at my church that year, so the kids from church also took turns riding around the countryside in the bus.

4) I helped a brother "move" with the bus.

I wonder what strange things you guys have done with your buses. 
"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate

JerryH

Re: Unusual things we use our buses for
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 05:33:31 PM »
Here's a couple...

1.  My wife, kids, myself and another (close) family of four take (usually) 2 trips per year.  They've included Mrytle Beach, Orlando, Cedar Point, Hershey and more.

2.  I took my son and his friends on a birthday party to a paint-ball field.  We did the paint-ball thing (awesome) with movies and pizza.  So so much fun.

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 05:42:31 PM »
Hi Jimmy, & Jerry,

I have also done some neat things in the bus, Like a parade in our town, 1st class limo [bus] ride for my daughter and all her friends for her Birthday/ pool party.

Also took my other daughter and friends to a shopping trip to the mall. Then all the camping trips this past year, Man.. they are the best times with my family.

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Beatenbo

• 1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power
    • The Beatenbos
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 08:07:17 PM »
I didn't know you did anything unusual with a bus!!!! I thought it was just unusual if you owned one ::)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 08:22:10 PM »
Hi Charlie,

Your Funny..... Hay, Was at Frountier Town in O.C. MD, this past weekend......

Nick-

I didn't know you did anything unusual with a bus!!!! I thought it was just unusual if you owned one ::)
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Beatenbo

• 1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power
    • The Beatenbos
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 09:19:44 PM »
Hey Nick, Those are some wide sites in that park. Dig that store with a deli. Any you folks get up around Salisbury or Ocean City, MD check out Frontier Town

Offline Buffalo SpaceShip

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 11:26:46 PM »
The SpaceShip was THE biggest prop ever at our church's Vacation Bible School program this summer. I wrote a week's worth of skits around a guy and his family travelling cross-country in a converted bus to the Beach Party at VBS. Strangely, they asked me to play the part of the goofy dad that drives the bus and takes lots of pictures. Hmm...

We were the Fische Family... I was Mack Earl, with wife Golde, son Sam N. and daughter Starr (har har). We drove the bus to the church every day and I quickly swapped my real family for the stage one. We even went around in character to all of the classrooms and events to assemble a "scrapbook". I edited a bunch of stills I took and made them into videos for the closing cermony to show to the parents what we were up to all week. A saw a lot of kids were posing by the bus for their own scrapbooks.

What a hoot!

Here's a video of us unloading the bus with our beach gear.... (41 seconds)

And here's the video scrapbook... (1 minute, 35 seconds)

Enjoy!
Brian B.

p.s. I've heard that the young man that played my son is presently in Hollywood with his mom trying to break into films/commercials. I somehow doubt that any of the stuff we did at VBS is on his demo reel!  :D

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 04:35:53 AM »

We were the Fische Family... I was Mack Earl, with wife Golde, son Sam N. and daughter Starr (har har).

Ok, that's just too funny!  Mack Earl, Golde, Sam N., and Starr  :D

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 05:58:09 AM »
Hi there brojcol, I just bumped up an identical thread from a couple of months back on unusual bus uses.  Hope this helps!

Best Regards, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline Brill-o

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 08:06:39 AM »

Hello-

The only thing kind of unusual we’ve used our bus (the Blue bird) for- is we’ve thrown a couple of birthday parties for our girls in it.

This was sitting on the concrete pad, just idling, using the various interior light configurations for ambience-

As a matter of fact that’s the only thing we’ve used it for!

Cheers-
Mind the Gap!

Offline Charles Seaton

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 08:52:34 AM »
Went with my wife to purchase some things at Lowe's. Decided to by buy larger stuff than we intended.  The gentleman helping me said, "No way this stuff is going to fit in your car (VW Golf).  I said, you're right.  I'll come back with my suburban.  I guess he thought I meant Chevy suburban, not GM fishbowl (SDM5302).  Everrything fit in the underbays.
Also, used a transit fishbowl (T8H5306a) in a television commercial for cable TV several years back. Earned 3X what I paid for the bus.

Charles Seaton

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal