Author Topic: Hey, All, One of Our Own Needs a Prayer.  (Read 14482 times)

Dallas

Hey, All, One of Our Own Needs a Prayer.
« on: October 17, 2006, 07:37:30 AM »
Hiya all,
NCbob is undergoing cateract surgery this morning.

Is it too much to ask to keep him in your thoughts?

Dallas

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: Hey, All, One of Our Own Needs a Prayer.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 07:48:56 AM »
We will say a prayer for him!

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline mikeH8H-649

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 08:24:52 AM »
We will keep Bob in our prayers,as you all know you can't keep a good man down  Mike and Kathy

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 08:27:01 AM »
Thanks for letting us know about this Dallas.  Bob is in my prayers for a successful surgery.

Kind Regards, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Ncbob

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 08:55:27 AM »
How kind of you all to think of me today but as it turns out it was a typical Hospital Aministration cluster muck. The new date is November 7th.

So, again thank you for your thoughts and prayers...but let's see what happens the next time.

Bob

Ace

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 08:58:09 AM »
Uhh that means you won't be here for the rally?

What a bummer! I was sooo looking forward to your visit too!

Hey, Just flush them puppies out with some of clor... er, cronies and come on down!

We'll fix you up when you get here!

Ace

Dallas

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 05:40:36 PM »
What has happened is that Bobalooie has ben rescheduled until the 7th of next month.

I guess our prayers were answered, even if it wasn't what we thought it should be.

Offline Hi yo silver

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 05:56:18 PM »
Hey NCBob,
Just a word of encouragement; My dad and mom both had this surgery and both have the best vision they have had in years with no side effects.  Total success!  Hope yours is the same!  Drive on!
Dennis 
Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9 Gone, not forgotten

Offline LUKE at US COACH

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 05:00:25 PM »
Hi Bob & Folks:

My 83 year old Mom had both eyes done, (one at a time),  about 2 years ago..
She looks as good today.  Oops!!! I mean she sees  better today than she has in years.

Best wishes to you for a successful surgery!!

Happy & SAFE!!! Bussin' to ALL.

LUKE at US COACH

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 06:18:51 PM »
Bob, I'm gonna beat you to the knife!  I'm having cat surg Oct 31st.   All thru with the pre-ops and all.  Have no sight in the left eye (no eye!) so they're not going to tape me up.  I'm told I'll be able to see well enough to walk out of there.    I'll be sure and let you know what to expect.... :o >:( :D ??? 8) :'(
The complication rate for cataract surg is low, and the surg only takes about 15 minutes per eye.   Reckon they've given you the spiel already.   My vision is so bad under certain conditions (daylight and dark mostly ;)) that driving was almost a thing of the past.  Have this problem seeing stop lights.
Had the  choice of going with good distance vision or closeup....chose the distance due to this need to drive to Arcadia this winter...  Feared the sight wouldn't have settled enough for corrections.   Wanted one of those teckky new "accomodating" lenses...you know, half price for me (plus my RN discount)...but because I'm half blind already doc sez no to that. 
They'll dope you up good enough you won't give a rat's behind what they're doing (better living through chemistry!)...while they fix you anyway.  You'll see so much when you get your eyes fixed your brain won't be able to digest all the data!   :D
FEAR NOT dude...this will make you SEE!   I have faith!
Wonder how much is the disability payment?  Anyone in need of a blind bluegrass bass player??   ;D
We'll pray for you Bob....you ain't gonna have any problems!!

Good Luck Bob!  JR   8)

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 08:35:39 PM »
JR, We will be keeping you in our prayers also.  I'm sure you could play without seeing the strings but ya gotta be able to see who you are grinnin' at. I'm sure everything will go well, because I also Have Faith!!!!!!  Cat
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Offline TomC

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 10:20:57 PM »
NCBob- good luck with the surgery-we'll be thinking positive thoughts together for you.  When you're all better, I'll keep my eye out for you to see you in the future.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline DavidInWilmNC

• 1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 05:08:51 AM »
Good luck to both you guys.  I know it's got to be a bit scary, but I'm sure you'll both do fine. 

David

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 05:51:54 AM »
Bob and JR,

Good luck to both of you on your upcoming surgeries.

May your Doctors both get a good nights rest the day before (hopefully NO Corona's with there buddys)  ;)

And look forward to you seeing (pun intended) me soon.  8)

Your Pal

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Ncbob

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 02:05:34 PM »
JR, couldn't help think of you in the tunnels on I-40 coming back from the Cumberland Gap area today.  I need to remove my glasses upon entering a lighted tunnel and coming out ot the sunlight...it's does weird things, man!  That right eye just seems to disappear into the back of my skull! ???

Good Luck on your surgury...you'll be in our prayers also.  Jackie had both lenses changed and the eyelids corrected by the same Surgeon I'll be using so I have no concern that all will turn out well.

Won't it be great to see again? ;D

NCbob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal