Author Topic: EPA  (Read 10419 times)

Offline eagle19952

Re: EPA
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 06:24:19 PM »
I really appreciate the knowledgeable thouhgts posted here. Thanks.
Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 N, DD, Allison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.

artvonne

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 07:57:26 PM »

The sooner that commie state falls into the Pacific the better. Too bad there isnt some simple way to help it along.

Now we understand the research into EMP...

Jeremy

I doubt that you do at all.   

Offline Brassman

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 08:11:01 PM »
I think Jeremy's post was a joke, in that California--home to Google, Apple, and who knows what else, would be a much different place after an EMP attack.

Offline Don Fairchild

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 08:29:55 AM »
Sean, This is not my claim. This is an article from Claudia cowen@fox news.

The law suit claims that the EPA went around normal channels and is trying to move the 2025 proposed rules up to 2014.
Read agenda 21 then SB 376 then AB 32 you will see where this is coming from.

Don

Offline Sean

• Geek.
  • '85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"
    • Our Odyssey
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 10:06:01 AM »
Sean, This is not my claim. This is an article from Claudia cowen@fox news.
Sorry, Don, I should have said "the claim in Don's post."  Did not mean to suggest that you originated this claim.

The law suit claims that the EPA went around normal channels and is trying to move the 2025 proposed rules up to 2014.
Read agenda 21 then SB 376 then AB 32 you will see where this is coming from.
OK, so this is Cal-EPA, not federal EPA, as these are California senate/assembly bills.  Again, will not affect most of us.  Also, as a reminder for everyone, we've been through this many times before, and RVs always manage to get exempted before the bills pass -- a significant number of California legislators and/or their high-power constituents own motor homes, and they represent a tiny, almost insignificant fraction of the vehicles on the road.  See, for example, these threads, from the last time we went through this:
http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=13603.msg143425#msg143425
http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=12076.msg126647#msg126647

FWIW.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Offline Don Fairchild

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 10:27:40 AM »
Sean, I didn't take it personal I just put out their where the info is coming from. The problem with this kinds of issues is that if it is a cal only suit then if it goes through it will be addopted by New Jersey then New York then Colorado and then maybe a couple other states then the Fed's will adopt it. That is why we need to stop this from happening. It is only a matter of time be fore we all lose if we don't stand up now.

Don

Offline Don Fairchild

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 10:40:37 AM »
Sean, I went back and look at the artical and it is a FED EPA suit not a cal EPA suit.

Don

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 10:56:31 AM »
Yep so goes the land of fruits and nuts so goes the rest of the USA ,here in Az they are filing a suit and try to stop it you are only kidding yourself thinking rv's are going to exempt
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 10:38:37 PM »
Sean is correct.
They have tried this so many times and even FMCA has fought this and helped to get it stopped. According to the laws it still is 2025 and yes the EPA will try to get it changed but as usual it will never make it through. Enjoy your Buses, We do!!! ;D :D
And I regurgitate those California Remarks, our farmers grow your Fruits and Nuts here so just remember that! and some of us are republicans ya know, LOL

Dave
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

artvonne

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 08:30:33 AM »
  Dave, I was only referring to the icky parts of the state falling into the ocean. Get rid of the fruits and nuts and fix your legislature and I would love to live there. But the way they are going I don't know if I even care to visit. Or even if I could.

Do you know if all vehicles entering are tested and must pass exhaust emissions and be inspected that all emissions equipment is present and functional?? I know that out of state HD vehicles (trucks and buses) traveling there can be stopped, tested and inspected, and must comply, can be fined, etc., but havnt found anything specific to other vehicles. Is a Bus motorhome/RV considered a HD vehicle??

While I couldnt find anything that spoke directly about making the rules retroactive to older vehicles in Federal EPA rules, I did read something in Cali EPA rules that suggested it and there is a suit in the works to get a ruling.

So yeah, safe for now. Maybe. But as suggested, if this isnt fought every step of the way and beat down into submission, it will keep brewing and has a good chance of getting passed sooner or later. The crazies never give up.

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 09:23:06 AM »
Just driving into the state, they only check at the boarders like Tahoe etc., for plants or fruit (see how good that worked ?) and not on any vehicle smog unless you have an out of date with no tag vehicle. Then they will only write you a fix-it ticket which gives you 30 days to fix-it.
smog test only when registering a vehicle gas motor and some newer diesel cars. If you live here they only have you take it in to test every other year and not for the first 5 years if it is new.

Commercial only on Heavy Duty vehicales over ( I believe it is) 12,001 Lbs diesels and that is DOT. And new cars with them also.

When we lived in Colorado it was actually more of a PITA there than it is here.

There are no Icky parts, just icky people as there are in all states. Just so you know there are more in Denver than SF and NY. We live in Northern California not the other state,LOL
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline Don Fairchild

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 09:38:54 AM »
I believe it was 2003 that the southcoast air district ruled the you could not bring a diesel powered anything into the la basin, and wanted all diesel vehicles stopped at the cal boarders and the vehicles turned around or the goods transfered to electric vehicles.  They were sued by the vehicles manufactures and South coast air district lost, so what did they do, the lobbied c.a.r.b. and the EPA for a law to do what they wanted them to do. The EPA wrote the rule and carb addopted it. They were again sued and the rule was put on hold by the courts not thrown out as it should have been. The EPA then wrote the port rules that came down hard on the railroads and goods movement throughout the US. Almost all of the ports have now addopted this rule.

I am a member of sema and a few other organizations that fight with EPA and carb. These rule will go through at some time and effect all of us. We need to stop these regulators as every turn if we can.

Thanks

Don

Offline gus

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 01:38:42 PM »
See what you've done, Don, you've brought all the wackos out of the woodwork!!
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Offline Don Fairchild

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 02:51:18 PM »
Gus, I need to create a little so I can get reacquainted with the masses don't I. LOL

Why don't you load up and come over to Bk's the first of Sept.

Don

Offline TomC

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 07:18:09 AM »
The funny thing about CARB (California Air Resource Board) is that they don't talk with the DMV.  So even if you have a commercial vehicle that is out of date (right now older then 1999) DMV will still send you a renewal notice for another year.

I'm not to worried about these new suggested regulations.  RVIA, FMCA, Sams, are all very powerful.  So far, older single use Diesel vehicles-like RV's and bus conversions are exempt from smog laws.  I'm still seeing new RV's being sold with older certified engines in them.

At Los Angeles Freightliner, we have one of our new truck salesman as a smog regulation expert.  All he does is to go to the CARB meetings (man talk about boring-I've also gone a couple of times) to keep up with regulations.

If it does get to that point where I can't run my 1984 Kenworth with a mechanical Caterpillar 3406B (it is registered as a motorhome-MH) I'll have a 2010 certified Cummins ISL 450hp installed.  Granted it will cost around $60,000.00-but by the time that happens, even gas powered sticks and staples will be over $200,000.00. 

The best thing to do is to keep your bus running well with the least amount of smoke possible.  We don't want to give ammunition to the voting public.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal