Author Topic: BCM Magazine  (Read 20865 times)

Offline luvrbus

Re: BCM Magazine
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 05:09:16 AM »
Milton since when is it a problem to ask for what you paid for no one is bashing Mike just tried of the BS and you call  see what happens no body asked him to put the bs out about a Feb magazine he did that on his own with no help from soul here
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline CrabbyMilton

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 06:25:05 AM »
Past behavior is an indication of future behavior. I don't know what Mike's problem is in why he doesn't respond to concerns anymore but I just have to wonder how many people don't contact him first that's all. I've seen it before when someone had a problem with the magazine and came on here and crabbed only later to retract it after finding that taking the direct approach works or at least used to. It reminds me of an unrealated story of some people mad that the lawn at a vacant house was going uncut. Some neighbors went to city hall and filed complaints. Finally someone with common sense just told these people that they were wasting time and took his lawn mower across the street and cut the grass himself. I guess keep after Mike first then complain on here is the short answer and your flames are welcome.

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 06:35:42 AM »
If you looks at these various thread, you will see that folks have TRIED to contact MAK.  Indeed, I have gotten several calls from folks trying to contact MAK (my banner ad shows occasionally at the top of the forum and BCM main page and folks see my number).  I had a lady email me to see if I had some alternative contact.  She had subscribed to the magazine for a Christmas present for her brother-in-law and was so proud that she had gotten him a unique present.

Over the years, I have defended MAK, but the incentive to do so now is dwindling.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 06:44:33 AM »
Yep JIm we both have been around Mike for years why he does the things he does is a big ? mark for me so simple just to say enjoy the board no more magazine easy huh

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »
Also if you'll notice the "Mike" that answered people and resolved things was a different "Mike" (Sullivan) and not MAK - Mike Kadletz.
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline RnMAdventures

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 02:02:51 PM »
There seems to be a history here. Yall think the magazine is going away? I wonder if it is for sale? I noticed teh other site or the site migration is a NING thing? That really seems like a bad idea. The current site is a good deal and could be built on.
Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
Yes, the magazine is for sale, you may already have been contacted with an offer to buy by the time you read this.

And yes again, Ning is a bad idea, you'll be very alone on there, most of us aren't going.

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Offline RnMAdventures

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 11:43:19 AM »
Yes, the magazine is for sale, you may already have been contacted with an offer to buy by the time you read this.

And yes again, Ning is a bad idea, you'll be very alone on there, most of us aren't going.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

I actually sent a PM to one mod, but haven't got a response. Who is the right person to contact?
Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 11:54:40 AM »
I actually sent a PM to one mod, but haven't got a response. Who is the right person to contact?

All the moderators are just volunteers. For anything to do with the sale of the magazine the only contact person would be Mike Kadletz (or his wife Karen)  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline RnMAdventures

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 05:40:48 PM »
I am showing my ignorance here. I read where three guys purchased BCM in 2009. I saw a post by Paul on a different web site. It sounds like he stayed on as a silent partner or a majority share holder?
Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 04:38:42 AM »
I am showing my ignorance here. I read where three guys purchased BCM in 2009. I saw a post by Paul on a different web site. It sounds like he stayed on as a silent partner or a majority share holder?
They took over operation with an option to purchase, but did not purchase. Chad, Mike S and Phil may still be doing some work for Mike K., but Mike & Karen K are the owners.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline Ericbsc

• 73 05
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 09:13:14 AM »
I like how the home page says "celebrating our 20th year"!! Guess that includes the going on a year without a mag!! I think Clifford had the right idea. Contact your card company to start the refund process, or just write the whole thing off as a loss. I think the people who put their heart and soul into it are gone. Only one left cares about only one person, and we alll know who that is!!!

Offline RnMAdventures

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 09:19:16 AM »
I have most of the BCM mag's going back to the early 90's. Not so much 2001+. I picked one up the other day, April 1995. Mike K is talking about putting together a caravan trip with a bunch of buses. I wonder if that eevr happened? I hate to see BCM go away. It's a good thing for the hobby. I am puzzled as to why more folks aren't into bus conversions. The S&S is just not comparable in my opinion.

I really hope it pulls through. If you guys that have a history with the folks aren't getting your calls returned or answered, then I don't know how serious the sale is. They are the most loyal in the hobby with long time sustained contributions. If they stop supporting the effort, it will be a long road to recovery. My guess is that he is converting the mag to online edition only. That would eliminate the overhead of printing and shipping. He eluded to that in the last edition. There is a way to keep it going where it is profitable or at least breakeven. My history with electronic information distribution goes back to the mid 90's. I saw the old BBS (dial up bulletin board systems) slowly die while the internet took over. I ran a BBS back then. They were a money maker in their day, but I only did it as a hobby. I was a partner in a computer business for a short time in early 2000-2001 and handled the web end of the business. I learned a valuable lessen with all that. I got involved with it after the business was well established, which should have been a no brainer success story. However, sometimes things go too far the wrong direction and it is hard to recover unless you have a lot of money to throw at it. A good Reputation is everything in a business... you won't last without it.

I looked on the net about the sale, but found nothing. How did you guys find out about it? Is it listed on the web?
Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 10:23:07 AM »
Actually: This is a mag. Only draw back is no hard copy.  Your questions get answered quickly. We all write articles and publish pictures. I prefer the hard copy. I do understand why it is hard to make a profit when you can get the same info faster and free here or other forums.   Would like a straight yes or no; but I also know how hard it is to give up a part of you life. Sometimes we hang on to long. Sometimes we jump to quickly.  Only MAK can make that decision.  Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline Paladin

• Dave Knight
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »
I remember once when I was little I subscribed to Grit magazine from a neighborhood kid. I never got a single magazine though because the kid spent my money on candy. He never would talk to me about it and avoided me for years.

I'm just sayin........

With this in mind, I already said that I kissed my money bye bye and will not buy into the magazine scam again and the funds, if they did still magically exist, could be used to keep this forum up. This is really only to make me feel like I actually got something for the money though I'm sure it bought somebody smokes and beer.

Nah, I ain't bitter.....just truthful.

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal