Author Topic: BCM Magazine  (Read 20938 times)

Offline Carbone

Re: BCM Magazine
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 06:31:42 AM »
I purchased a subscription about a year ago and have only received one issue (June 11) Sigh...
1975 MCI-8
8V71 4 on the floor

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012, 11:09:21 AM »
Hey Carbone,

I wonder how many have purchased subscriptions since then and received NOTHING?

It is still happening, the machinery for accepting payments is still operational...

There's something unethical about this.

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Offline H3-45

• Entertainer Coach Driver Since 1986
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »
I for one purchased a subscription and have recieved NOTHING not even a thank you for my money!!

Robert
Robert
Prevost H3-45 Nut
Crossville, TN

Offline technomage99

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »
Recent subscribers:  You might be in luck with your credit card company if you are within their time period for getting
money back from BCM.  Banks may have ways of squeezing money from a company beyond what mere civilians can do.  Typical credit card agreements that small companies sign up for are pretty heinous.  Unless the legal system has changed, the big banks hold company owners personally responsible for bad charges basically forever with family members bank accounts at the bank on  the hook too.  There is no escape with bankruptcy protection (like somewhere in the fine print is a  waiver of bankruptcy protection etc.-- its pretty one-way in favor of the bank).   They can play rough if they so choose. 

Offline jimsflx

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2012, 02:18:56 PM »
i paid for 3 years 99.00 and only got 1 sinse jim
jim&roenie seagraves sebring fl. 4106-3083

Offline eagle19952

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »
Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 N, DD, Allison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.

Offline technomage99

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2012, 04:37:46 PM »
Fellow subscribers:

My suggestion to "Top Management of BCM"  is to make the online versions of back issues freely available to current subscribers and call it even.  Back issues are of decreasing value as time goes by -- there just aren't that many "bus nuts".  The current management of BCM  may want to maintain a good  reputation if they are planning to stay in bus related businesses because its a small community and word gets around -- we are in the internet age after all and nothing goes away, it just gets loaded into databases far and wide and stays.

I noticed that you can still subscribe or buy stuff online from BCM.  Disgruntled subscribers can force a "chargeback" for non-fulfillment if they so desire and I think that banks impose some penalty fees  for that and eventual cancellation of their credit card account if there are too many.   A thought.

Offline Mex-Busnut

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »
Fellow subscribers:

My suggestion to "Top Management of BCM"  is to make the online versions of back issues freely available to current subscribers and call it even.  Back issues are of decreasing value as time goes by -- there just aren't that many "bus nuts".

I am certainly agreeable to this settlement, having also paid for three years.

What I feel is the worst thing is the "management" isn't communicating whatsoever with their faithful customers.
Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.

Offline Van

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2012, 07:40:42 PM »
Bump! :-*
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline Eagle Andy

• Cowboy Coach
  • 1968 Silver Eagle # 7481
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 08:07:05 PM »
I see your Bump  8) and raise you 3 ;D
1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT

Offline ruthi

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2012, 09:06:48 PM »
Wow, we have been so busy, I havent been on the boards much latlely, as it has been some buy work times, and I hate to hear what is happening to BCM. I sure hope this forum stays, it has been a life saver for us on many occasions. We dont get to keep up with all the goings on as much as some of you do, but, would like that option as we go into retirement. I have got to say, we have only gone to one rally, but, we met some amazing people there. Some of the best people are bus people. We have met a few that have just came by our place to meet and talk bus, and we have met a few on the road. We certainly hope to get the chance to meet more in the future. As far as Mike is concerned, I will be nice and just say, shame on you.................Ruthi
Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!

Offline technomage99

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 06:10:52 AM »
Fellow subscribers and advertisers and BCM creditors:  You have only a limited time to turn up the "steam pressure".
You have a maximum of 60 days to get credit card charges "back-flushed" (charge back) to get your money back (if you paid by check -- forgetta bout it).  You must follow the right procedures with the banks' customer-no-service and make sure that they accomplish "back-flush" before 60 days elapse.  Do not take NO or DELAY  for an answer!   Banks can do some "heinous" things to companies and individuals who violate their credit card agreement (like raid checking accounts, savings accounts CDs etc. legally without warning if they are maintained within the bank's empire  and possibly beyond -- they can legally grab first, then argue in court later >:().  As a small business owner, I wouldn't want to be on the "pointy end of that stick".

Offline muddog16

• Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop
    • Prevost LeMirage Conversion
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 05:32:21 AM »
I just finished reading the thread about what a certain engine is worth, then I came here to respond.......as tight as some of you seem........I'm amazed you haven't tarred and feathered them considering the price you paid for the magazine........LMAO!
Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/

Offline technomage99

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 05:45:35 PM »
I received 3 robo emails from Kellie about how she is helping Mike Sullivan get the magazine running again.  Last week I checked and Mike S's phone was not in service.  I wish them luck.  If the Mike in California grabbed the working cash,  Mike S is in a bind.  The California Mike doesn't answer his phone.
Cal

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »
Cal, I wonder why only you are getting the email (my assumption). 

I have stayed in touch with Mike S and talked to him a couple of weeks ago.  I am 99.999999% sure that he has no intention of trying that gig again. 

If he had any plans, I am sure he would contact the normal contributors to seek articles.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal