Author Topic: Bus Ralleys  (Read 14804 times)

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
Bus Ralleys
« on: November 01, 2006, 06:20:52 AM »
Hey Folks,
  As some of you know, I am a newbie here. I have been reading the posts everyday and really enjoying all the info and thoughts. I also have allot of questions that I will be firing out to ya soon. Actually, here is one of them:
  I hear and read about all the "ralleys" and was just curious about them. Can anybody come or is there some criteria to meet or does one need an invitation or?????????   I think I may know my own answer, but I just want to make sure. I don't like @$#-u-me-ing. ;)
  I am looking forward to having fun with my bus and traveling when I can and things like ralleys, races, car shows, etc. are on top of my list.
  Thanx for all the help and great site!! More questions to come!!!  ;D

Chaz
Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: Bus Ralleys
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 06:24:17 AM »
Hi Chaz,

That's an easy one....

Anybody can come to the rallys, even you....lol.  It's always good to let the host know ahead of time. This way they know how many are attending.

You know, so they have enough food for ya!

Nick Badame-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 06:40:31 AM »
Thanx Nick, That is what I suspected. I just wanted to make sure. I just went thru the hundred PLUS pix from Hobokin. Looks like it would be a good time. I would be looking for knowledge while I was there........ and there looks to be plenty of that at these ralleys!!! ;)
  My bus isn't quite as nice as most I seen, but it's in good shape, just needs a little face lift. ;)
   Thanx again!!
      Chaz
Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 06:44:34 AM »
Chaz -

If your schedule permits, Jack's Party in Arcadia, FL is coming up over New Year's weekend. 

(AKA "Bussin' 2007")

Probably have somewhere around 100 coaches, in all states of deconstruction/construction/completion.

Seminars, too!

Details in the calendar section.

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Ace

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 06:51:12 AM »
Chaz though I've never been to hoboken (future trip) I'm sure it's a good one but if you really want to see busses, a LOT of busses, and get info, meet the nicest people, eat the mostest, have the mostest fun, and enjoy a florida get-a-way while your at it, be sure and be at the Bussin event in Arcadia. MAKE PLANS NOW! "If you wait, it's too late"!

You can come as you are or evn bring your bus. Best to let them (jack conrad) know in advance so they know where to park you IF you bring your bus. If it's not quite done but runs, that's ok too! There are steel tents there with nothing at all in them but air and a driver! If you can rough it, bring it! You won't go away dissapointed and if you do, it's your own fault! Start right after Christmas and goes thru New Years and what a way to bring the New year in with a bunch of nuts! Bus Nuts!

Ace

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 07:28:01 AM »
Hey Guys, That sounds like "right down my alley"!! No promises tho, as I want to get a it up and running on WVO before that. It will just make it more feasible for me. But it sounds like just what I am looking for. I love the info part. I am totally new at this and need to learn. I can do most anything to a car, truck, motorcycle- including cutting them in half and putting them back together, but the bus is new territory for me.
  Thanx for the heads up. I will "pencil" it in!!!
    Chaz

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 08:48:29 AM »
Chaz -

Even if you don't have the WVO up and runnin'. . . GO!

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

belfert

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 09:05:41 AM »
Will Bussin' 2007 be a good place to see how others have done their conversions?  No real reason for me to go if I couldn't see how others did their buses.

I would have to fly in as no way could I afford the $1100 for fuel and the four days to drive the bus there and back.  I also don't really want to subject the bus to the salt used in the Midwest and the resulting rust.

Brian Elfert

Ace

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 09:48:52 AM »
Brian, is your bus just a status thing with you or what? It seems you find excuses with everything when it comes to the bus, it's needs, rallies, etc.! Quit with all the negative,s and either express positives for everyone or leave it alone. Nobody cares what the cost is for your trip.  It's the same for all of us! Not try to be rude but enough is enough! You bought a bus and that's a step above a LOT of people. Be proud of what you have accomplished and encourage those that are just beginning! Remember, we're all in the same boat (bus) with the fuel deal.

Ace

belfert

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 10:07:41 AM »
Brian, is your bus just a status thing with you or what? It seems you find excuses with everything when it comes to the bus, it's needs, rallies, etc.! Quit with all the negative,s and either express positives for everyone or leave it alone. Nobody cares what the cost is for your trip.  It's the same for all of us! Not try to be rude but enough is enough! You bought a bus and that's a step above a LOT of people. Be proud of what you have accomplished and encourage those that are just beginning! Remember, we're all in the same boat (bus) with the fuel deal.

Yes, everyone pays approx the same for fuel, but not everyone lives the same distance from Arcadia.  I know you live in Florida, so you are a whole lot closer than I am so your fuel cost will be less.  It is 1,667 miles from my zip code to Arcadia, FL.

I don't know why you say the trip costs the same for everyone?  My cost would be far higher to go to Arcadia than it will be for you or anyone who lives in Florida or surrounding states.

Brian Elfert

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 11:02:14 AM »
Brian,

If you flew to Arcadia without your bus, Do you really think you would be able to do that? [be with all thoose busses and not yours]

I know I wouldn't be able to........

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 11:32:02 AM »
I can understand Russ!! I am "chompin at the bit". But I gotta kinda use my head about this. (Us artists aren't the best paid, ya know? :-\ lol) Plus, with all the stuff I want to do to it..... well, you get the idea. But the fact that there is going to be that many busses there REEEEALLY has my ears up!!!! I want to make my decisions on what I want in my bus by what others have experienced, and having that many there would be GREAT!

I understand- to a degree- where Brian is coming from. BUT , the salt thing and all that doesn't bother me. I figure if I can't use it, why have it???? But the time and money thing does have a bearing. Some people are just allot more particular about their stuff.

Chaz

Ace

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 12:42:49 PM »
Brian what I meant about being the same for everyone is the fact, FACT that we ALL have to buy fuel whether it's 2000 miles or 200. If you own a bus to convert into a conversion motorhome type vehicle, and worry about how many miles your going to HAVE to travel to get someplace and worry about HOW MUCH fuel is going to cost you to get there AND back, then you condsider flying, which isn't cheap these days, just makes absolutely NO sense to me at all!  If your going to Fly to a rally, it might as well be a plane rally, not a bus rally, that is IF IF IF you own a bus that is in RUNNING condition! There are surely those that have busses and are NOT running for one reason or another and it's understandable why they might FLY in to a rally but to announce your reason/s why you wouldn't consider this rally, THE LARGEST RALLY EAST of the Mississippi, I might add, is down right wrong and discouraging to others that might want to go!

Do yourself a favor and try and be more positive about what you want out of your bus instead of what your bus is costing you. Heck if I worried about what it would cost me and what it DID cost to this day, I probably would have had a stroke by now!

It's only money and you can't take it with you so quit worrying about it! If your bus needs fixing, fix it or have it fixed. If it needs fuel, fuel it or have it fueled! If you can't care for it for whatever reason, then please please don't announce to everyone why you feel the way you do or why you can't! That sends out the wrong message to others. If you need help with anything at all on your bus, you've already found one of the best resources available to you. Don't use the resource to whine and cry!    ;)

Ace

belfert

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 12:55:29 PM »
I I understand- to a degree- where Brian is coming from. BUT , the salt thing and all that doesn't bother me. I figure if I can't use it, why have it???? But the time and money thing does have a bearing. Some people are just allot more particular about their stuff.

The salt issue is the least of my problems with taking my bus to Arcadia.  The biggest issue to taking the bus would be the four days of travel and the second biggest issue would be the cost.  I've been checking on airfare and such to see how bad it would be to get to Arcadia that way.

My last RV, a travel trailer, was delivered in the winter and the salt really reaked havoc on the frame and the wheels.  The dealer had to replace the chrome parts on the wheels due to rust.  The frame developed a fair amount of rust in the few years I had it even though it never saw salt again.

I'm probably being paranoid about salt and the bus as it is undercoated and has aluminum body panels.  I don't really have anywhere to take the bus in the winter, so it will probably sit over the winter except for short trips to get it up to temp to exercise everything.

Nick, I wouldn't miss my bus at Arcadia since it is basically a steel tent right now.  Luckily, the two rallies I have gone to had a bathroom available.  I won't get much done over the winter except cabinets, but I will go full speed ahead again in the spring once the weather warms up.

Brian Elfert

Offline bruceknee

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 03:42:29 PM »
I think that I should just give my bus away before I have to spend more money on fuel or it rusts away because of the salt they use on the roads here

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal