Author Topic: Square Headlights on Buffalo??  (Read 3980 times)

Offline musicmakesmusic

Square Headlights on Buffalo??
« on: May 03, 2012, 04:57:58 PM »
I saw a thread on this from a couple years back so I know some other people have square headlights on their buffalo. I didn't realize they were aftermarket until someone backed into me and now I need to find a replacement. Does anyone have any idea how or where to find these?? I've posted a pic of what I need but I'm getting nowhere fast. Thanks!
Mike

Offline Sam 4106

Re: Square Headlights on Buffalo??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »
Hi Mike,

Do a web search for R&M Fiberglass in Oregon. E-mail your picture with your inquiry and they can tell you if they can help.

Good luck, Sam
1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740

Offline 4905 doc

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 05:05:44 AM »
I saw a thread on this from a couple years back so I know some other people have square headlights on their buffalo. I didn't realize they were aftermarket until someone backed into me and now I need to find a replacement. Does anyone have any idea how or where to find these?? I've posted a pic of what I need but I'm getting nowhere fast. Thanks!
Mike

One has to wonder how someone could not see a bus in the mirror.  ::)
I'm with Sam, check R&M

Offline belfert

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 07:52:13 AM »
A good fiberglass man should be able to fix that up if you can't find a replacement.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 09:22:58 AM »
Not see a bus in their mirror???  Just watch the person ahead of you going down the road and see how often they look into their mirrors!  I have been right behind people for miles with my headlites on and they never even see me there. ???  I am constantly looking in my mirrors to see what is coming up on me in case i need to change lanes when somebody is going to merge into my lane and hasn't bothered to look until they are at the end of the merge lane.
Used to own a 1968 MCI 5A and a 1977 5C.

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »
There is some sort of brain function quirk that causes people to not see large things even though they clearly see smaller items.  This is why many people never notice the elephant in the room.
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »
Those were sold by IBP of Fl but you haven't been able to buy it in years they just about out of the GM stuff
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline gus

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 03:20:35 PM »
Rear view mirrors are for shaving and fixing hair and makeup!

Parking is by backing up until you hear glass breaking, then pull out of the parking spot!

I thought everyone knew this!
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »
i believe it!!!

Offline 4905 doc

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 07:03:16 AM »
Rear view mirrors are for shaving and fixing hair and makeup!

Parking is by backing up until you hear glass breaking, then pull out of the parking spot!

I thought everyone knew this!

Yep, reminds me of the time I had parked my freshly painted 41 ford coupe. I had painted it hugger orange. You couldn't even look at it in bright sunlight ;D
Parked in the food store parking lot, way out away from all other cars. walking to the store I turned back to admire the color from a distance. Corner of my eye, I see a mustang backing up, directly towards my ford. That car had to back up at least 3 rows of parking spots, and like a magnet, bam, straight into the rt rear quarter panel. I run over and this old lady gets out of the stang and say's I never saw the car. :o :o

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 07:49:44 AM »
Well sure, they never see it because they never look! My jeep has a dented front fender from a guy that backed up about 100 ft and hit it, ironically, i used to work with him but hadn't seen him in 20 years. My wife had a gal that backed into the 66 mustang convertible that we used to have. She backed out of a grocery store parking space and never bothered to look in both directions. Just yesterday i had an older gal that was trying to square up her car in a grocery store parking lot. Twice she backed up and i could see both times that she never looked. I had to wait until she stopped before i could keep going..... she never had a clue that i was there. ???

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 08:10:32 AM »
And then there was the guy that ran the stop sign to our right and stopped in our lane.....About 11 days ago we left Yucca Valley after visiting with Lin and headed up to Barstow. After making the right turn at Lucerne Valley and heading north there is a road that comes in from the right. This is about 1/2 mile out of town,....no buildings, trees, or bushes to block the view. We have the headlights on, we are towing the jeep, we are the only thing on the road and i see this guy in a pickup coming up to his stop sign and blow right thru it , then hit the brakes and stop in our lane looking at us!!!! I am hitting the brakes and thinking i am going to T-bone him and then he hits the gas and barely gets out of the way. Older guy, not a kid, don't know what the hell he was doing or looking at, but he should have seen us for at least 3/8ths of a mile before either one of us got to that spot. Only thing i can figure is he is so used to there not being much traffic on that road that he just runs the sign and never bothers to come to a complete stop........He almost got to have an early meeting with Jesus.

Offline gus

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 06:46:41 PM »
Back to the Buffalo;

Mine has square headlights and they look like crap compared to the beautiful round originals.

Same goes for the front and rear caps. If I had done my bus none of this stuff would have happened but I couldn't pass up a good deal so I'm swallowing it!!

No modification to a 4107 I've ever seen looks better than the original.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal