Author Topic: catching a new view of an old friend  (Read 4133 times)

Ace

catching a new view of an old friend
« on: November 03, 2006, 11:08:54 AM »
Just happened to be lurking on Ebay and by surprise I came across a bus conversion up for auction. A 65 Eagle model 01. At first it didn't look all that familiar until I started looking over the interior pics and what do you know, it's the one I had before my H3. The owner painted it and that's why I didn't recognize it at first. Sure brings back memories of all the hard work that went into it!

Glad to see and read that he has enjoyed it for the last 3 years. I can tell you from the price he has that he is taking a slight loss especially with the extras he has added!

Just thought I would share this surprising find! Always good to see an old vehicle that you used to own and never heard from again!

Item number    250044762019   

Ace

Offline H3Jim

• 1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison
Re: catching a new view of an old friend
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 11:43:13 AM »
Handsome coach, seems like an excellent price for what it is.
Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.

Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 05:09:58 PM »
Ace,

Just checked out your old Eagle coach. A very nice job that you did.

For someone looking for and older Eagle I bet this would be a great coach for them.

Why did you sell it? Did you run out of things to do? LOL.

Paul

Ace

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 06:55:03 PM »
No actually we had just finished the conversion on the inside and a "special" friend of ours who are fulltiming busnuts showed up one day with a H3 prevost and I was sold. I had to have one!

The rest is history!  :)

Ace

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 07:31:44 PM »
Hi ACE,

Did you do the conversion on the Eagle?

If so, Very nice for an older Eagle.....Kool Floors too.

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Ace

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 07:49:05 PM »
Yes when we bought it from a gospel quartet in Hornbeck Louisiana,  it had 2x4 bunks and other junk in it. We started ripping one piece out and before we  knew it, we were down to the frame. We did the whole inside from the frame in and every pice of it came from HD except for the cabinets in the kitchen. We made the dinette booth from scratch as well as the window treatments (valances) and curtains.
The floors were the first time using the vinyl plank and layed on a 45 degree angle. They attracted a lot of attention so we did it agin in our new bus only using vinyl tile that looks like ceramic.
I was glad to see the owner kept the original eagles on the sides of the bus. They were rare and felt they needed to stay when I had it!

Thanks...

Ace 

Dreamscape

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 06:45:07 AM »
Ace,

Your old Eagle was also listed a few months back on eBay. I think he has had problems selling for whatever reason. You might go back to eBay and post a question to seller, say Hi and tell him about advertising with MAK.

He might enjoy catching up with you.

Paul

Ace

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 06:57:10 AM »
Pauil yes he stated that he had a buyer that fell in love with it but they couldn't get financing of any kind. He said they tried every possible way but just couldn't do it!

I had planned on sending him an email to tell him I like what he had done since he purchased it and that it still looks good!

Ace

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal