Author Topic: Basement a/c ?  (Read 7847 times)

Offline zukmancdr

Re: Basement a/c ?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 07:33:09 AM »
I like your setup, Tom. Do you have the returns for both units coming from the same return, and do you have the blowing into the same ducts or separate?

Chris.

Offline TomC

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 07:43:28 AM »
Chris-both units are separate.  The rear unit feeds the dinette area (which can blow to the front-I anticipate using this unit for night time use) and has a T to feed the bedroom.  They have individual vents that can be shut off.  The 8" return is under the dinette with a 12" square filter vent.  The front feeds just one vent-I wanted that one to blow hard if need be.  The return is built into the end table of the sofa also with a 12" filter vent. 
In the basement (which is part of the interior of the box) is two luovered exterior doors that the A/C units are mounted just inside.  The 6" hot exhaust from the condenser will be ducted under the truck. Since the floor of the box is 42" up from the ground, I don't anticipate any problems with heat.  So the condenser air is drawn in from the side and exhausts underneath-very hard to have the two mix.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline zukmancdr

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 07:55:45 AM »
Thanks Tom for the info.

Chris

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal