Author Topic: Wash And Dry  (Read 3408 times)

Offline boxcarOkie

Wash And Dry
« on: August 06, 2012, 06:34:51 PM »
Well we got the old bus out of the backyard the other day and decided to go on a trip.  It was a little bit cranky and did not want to start, but that is most likely because it has been sitting so long, really don’t think it had anything to do with the batteries. 

Most of the tires, when I kicked them, seemed like they were alright, and they look good for twelve years old.  Talked it over with the little woman and we decided to hold it down to about fifty and do a lot of driving after dark.

It was a little low on oil, so I dumped 17 gallons of Rottella in it, come up real good on the stick, but it might be a tad bit too full.  Figure the slobber tube will take care of the excess and stop some of the fender rust on the tow car at the same time.

We had a mockingbird nesting in the drivers side mirror and we evicted her, but in the process, broke out our blindspot mirror.  But as we are gonna be driving in the slow-poke lane and will always be in the curb side position and not the smart alleck lane, it should be okay.  We are going to stop every night at Chick Fillet and campout. 

One of our AC units doesn’t have a shroud, and the other one is now home to a colony of north of the border African Killer bees, so we are just going to try and blow ‘em out as we go along.

Our problem is, “where do we get the old bus washed?” with our new custom creation exterior body treatment the wife and her girlfriends put together last winter, it is going to present a problem. (Hey it was cheaper than a $2,000 paint job ... don't knock it) 

We figure we might try the Beacon Truckwash first, and if the boys don’t laugh us out of the wash bay, we will blow dry it on Interstate Forty on our way to the Grand Canyon and then onto Cliffords house for a brew.

Wish us luck.

<><><>

Offline Tenor

• Three Men and a Tenor
Re: Wash And Dry
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:11:25 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!!

Glenn
Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 08:08:40 PM »
Don, that brew will have to happen in Mohave Valley I don't think the HOA here in Scottsdale will allow that one through the gate even with a wash job they are a little paranoid when I tell the guards at the gate I have friends coming in a bus.

Most of it is my fault I gave the guard a picture of a hippie bus and told him these are my friends let em in lol come on we have a  50 amp to run the AC's I just installed it and cut the tree limbs

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 03:57:25 AM »
Most of it is my fault I gave the guard a picture of a hippie bus and told him these are my friends let em in lol come on we have a  50 amp to run the AC's I just installed it and cut the tree limbs

good luck

I used to be a hippie, that is, until I found a job, and then meaningful employment corrupted my life.  It is not all that hard to wash it, but when you go to chammy it off, well you run into a lot snags and there is also the annoying dust bunny thing.

<><><>

Offline garhawk

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:34:45 AM »
Hey Boxcar,

A gorgeous paint rendering on a beautiful coach and NO fish!  Must be on the rear?
gary t'berry
Eagle Mod 20 DD ser 60 w/slide
GMC RTS 102"  40er (in progress)

Offline rusty

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 06:22:30 AM »
 ;D

Offline Oonrahnjay

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 06:24:05 AM »
(snip)  NO fish!  Must be on the rear? 

He sed he usta be a hippie, Gary, not a redneck!
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

Offline WEC4104

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 06:27:53 AM »
Just be very careful how you dry it after the wash. Too much heat, and you will end up with a VW Microbus.
If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 06:30:16 AM »
Hey Boxcar,

A gorgeous paint rendering on a beautiful coach and NO fish!  Must be on the rear?

Now I do know a guy who has a fish on the back of his coach, so that is certainly possible.  At one time I had a #!!#@#@!@# Goat on the back of mine.

It is no longer there, but if fuel keeps escalating in price, I am going to paint a picture of a sleazy looking Hooker on the back of it and rename it the "Driveway Queen."

Gotta run, going to McDonalds for the new value meal, it is called the Obammer.  You can order anything on the menu that you want .... And the guy behind you has to pay for it.

<><><>

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 06:33:10 AM »
Just be very careful how you dry it after the wash. Too much heat, and you will end up with a VW Microbus.

That is a slick 4104, sure would be nice if you could enlarge a avatar and see the photos more closely.  What is really bad, is when it rains, the coach gets considerably heavier and then we have to stop every five or ten miles and wring it out ... to insure better fuel mileage y'know

<><><>

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 11:59:12 AM »
I'll bet that takes care of quite a bit of road noise, and hides wavy panel riveting too.  Wonder how much it contributes to insulation? 
Rick A. Cone
Silverdale, WA
66 Crowny Crown "The Ark"

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »
I'll bet that takes care of quite a bit of road noise, and hides wavy panel riveting too.  Wonder how much it contributes to insulation? 

Bet it is "snug as a bug in a rug" (My wife told me to say that)

Your avatar looks like Cheyenne Bodie, how far are you from Seattle?

BCO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal