Author Topic: Link Of The Day, 11/08. Feel free to add your favorite  (Read 7549 times)

Offline DrivingMissLazy

Link Of The Day, 11/08. Feel free to add your favorite
« on: November 09, 2006, 08:06:03 AM »
http://www.futurliner.com/index.html

The GM Futurliner restoration project
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline eglluvr

• The Quest is But The Beginning...
Re: Link Of The Day, 11/08. Feel free to add your favorite
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 08:35:33 AM »
Cool Site, But A bit ambitious for a beginners conversion. LOL

Interesting side note, On the "Other Futureliners"  Link is one called fido, The livery was recently changed back to the POP Livery and it was sold on Barett Jackson in January for 4.3 Million, They were looking for 600,000.00, Do you think the boys made tracks in their skivvies?  Anyhow, consider it a success story for those who say you will never get out what you put into it, You Just have to pick the right Chassis.

Barry:  If you had started with a future liner, you might be able to afford "First Edition" Brill manuals   ;)

If anyone wants a DVD of the Actual auction, Lemme know, I have it on my DVR.

Jim

Offline Brill-o

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 08:32:01 AM »

Hey DML and Jim-

I got wind of the resto’ of that big girl some time back-

Quite a sight! I would think it’d be similar to taxiing a plane- and the lean in a sharp curve would create quite the pucker factor!

Jim, I think that even if I’d started on something like this, I still couldn’t find a Brill manual. I’ve been searching for some time, now—and (might,) have a found a good lead.
Heck, I even tried the “Yellow pages” (sorry, Ace, no luck- :)).

I wonder how much trouble they had finding a repair book on something like that—with just a handful made!?

Although it’s very unique and attractive in its own way, It’s not much my liking, though- I’m more towards the aero-look-

Something a little more mainstream…

Like in the pic below-

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 08:56:58 AM »
That sreamliner grill looks like a '47 chevy truck grill!!  :)

I dig the Futureliner. It may not make a good coach, but the look aand nostalgia aspect of it make it very cool!

I was thinking it did go for 6 mil. (?) But not sure.

Thanx for the link!!
  Chaz
Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 09:10:28 AM »
I saw one on the road in the early 90's going up I-15 toward Vegas from LA. They ended up at the Eagle's rally in Vegas. Really looked wierd with the driver sitting in the middle and up so high. The interior was stripped and they were just starting to work on it. Have no idea what ever happened to it.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 11:27:09 AM »

Jim, I think that even if I’d started on something like this, I still couldn’t find a Brill manual. I’ve been searching for some time, now—and (might,) have a found a good lead.

Brill,

About 20 years ago, a friend found all the blue prints for a '20s biplane he was working on at the Smithsonian.  Don't kbnow if that's a possibility or how to go about it. Have any congressmen in your back pocket??

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Offline eglluvr

• The Quest is But The Beginning...
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 01:37:50 PM »
I saw one on the road in the early 90's going up I-15 toward Vegas from LA. They ended up at the Eagle's rally in Vegas. Really looked wierd with the driver sitting in the middle and up so high. The interior was stripped and they were just starting to work on it. Have no idea what ever happened to it.
Richard

I wonder if it was the one that the guy converted to a motorhome.  Check the "Other Futureliners" link and it tell you about the other nine that they know about

Jim

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 02:59:44 PM »
Richard

I wonder if it was the one that the guy converted to a motorhome.  Check the "Other Futureliners" link and it tell you about the other nine that they know about

Jim

Yes. I suspect it is the first one listed that was converted by Bob Valdez.
Richard

belfert

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 07:53:03 PM »
I recently saw the video of the Futurliner restoration at a bus rally.  I believe on the video (maybe the website) they say the Futurliner is not a bus because it was never intended to carry any passengers.

Brian Elfert

belfert

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 07:00:34 AM »
I was looking at the Futurliner web site today and saw that MAK owns one of the remaining Futurliners.

Brian Elfert

Offline DrivingMissLazy

Re: Link Of The Day, 11/16. Feel free to add your favorite
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 12:07:44 PM »
Nice newsletter for you desert rats. Good writeup this month on Quartzite.

http://www.desertusa.com/newsletter/nov06.html

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 05:37:37 PM »
This is a crude interpetation of a natrual gas powered Bus.....

Nick-
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.

• Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 05:40:10 PM »
How about Hi-Tech in-motion Satelite system.......

Nick-

• Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 05:42:05 PM »
Ok, 1 more,    How much stuff can you carry?

Nick-

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal