Author Topic: NRG (Westside)  (Read 49098 times)

Offline travlinman

Re: NRG (Westside)
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2012, 09:20:49 AM »
Just a heads up for those driving in from outside the area, there is going to be a major wind event on thursday. Read more here:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/FXC/wxstory.php?wfo=vef

We may be rolling in late friday if this turns out to be as strong as advertised.

TM
Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
This bus is for sale - https://gm4106.wordpress.com

Offline usbusin

• '60 PD4104-4355 (sold) and '01 Freightliner (sold)
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2012, 04:07:00 PM »
This is what their website says:

"RV/Motorcoach Washing :  RV Benefits

Blue Beacon takes care of all your RV and Motorcoach washing needs providing you with 24-Hour service at over 100 locations in the United States and Canada.

RV Benefits PictureProtects Your Investment
    Blue Beacon uses only warm, soapy water for all recreational vehicle washing. When you include regular washing in your maintenance program, you not only reduce corrosion, you're adding value to your RV and Motorcoach equipment at trade-in-time. To protect your paint from fading and give it a high gloss shine, try our new WeatherShield™ or RainX® Complete paint protectants.

(Upon customer request only, we will use our exclusive citrushine™ product, which is a mild citric acid solution; safe for all paint, aluminum and chrome finishes. We can also use our exclusive brightener product on your aluminum wheels, but again we do so only at customer request.) "

According to this the acid wash is optional.  Is that not true?  Or am I not  reading it correct?  For $35.00 it seems like a reasonable price.
Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years (150,000 miles)
USTRUCKIN was our 2001 Freightliner Truck Conversion for 19 years (135,000 miles)
We are busless and truckless after 35 years of traveling

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2012, 04:07:45 AM »
Gary, that is not the facts about Blue Beacon they never even check to see if acid was used in the last wash they just spray, all us Eagle owners called it Streaking Beacon 

Only one place on Matts Eagle is there any streaks I missed getting the acid off the tail light door on the passengers side from the Blue Beacon in Vegas  

They may have changed their wash practice now as Blue Beacon did buy some siding for Eagles a few years back

I spent 3 hrs trying to remove the acid  one night even their soap will streak the siding it is not fiberglass once was enough for me at Blue Beacon lol.

Plenty of mobile outfits in Vegas to hand wash his bus and they do a lot better job he can park and call one to his site I did for years  
The Eagle belongs to him now but that cowboy will get pissed when the streaks start to show up in a few days from Blue Beacon

Here in AZ truck washes are not allowed to use any type acid
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline saddleup

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2012, 04:59:39 AM »
Well, looking at the weather for the weekend think i will just hose it off at the rv park here in Provo and call it good.
matt
Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2012, 06:25:07 AM »
Show him a picture of Sonnie's Eagle and he will be convinced eh?

Hand wash it and stay out of the truckstops.  Pride in your ride is one thing, siding an Eagle is another.

BCO

Offline Van

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2012, 07:29:42 AM »
I wash ours by hand and only use RO water. The water here (unfiltered) is a SOB to work with on paint. My bus likes a good hand rub now and then, it stimulates the body lol!
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline lvmci

• lvmci
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2012, 07:42:44 AM »
Hi All, got the Italian Greyhound washed at the Bus Depot, it was hand washed, the kid washing her put on a show with a lot of energy, no wonder he's skinny! Global was, across ffom the TA truck stop on Blue Diamond Rd, is high pressure tunnell with high air fans and hand dry, cheaper, but my windows can't take the high pressure spray right now. 20% chance of rain in LV Thursday nite, that means 20 mins of sprinkles in the valley, not necesarily at the Lake, but there will be wind, may want to put off wash till Sunday., lvmci...
MCI 102C3 8V92, Allison HT740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Brandon has really got it going!

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2012, 07:45:21 AM »
I wash ours by hand and only use RO water.

Hey gunner, what is RO water? (By the way, we are not coming, we are back home.  Made a trip down SW to kick the tires on a 2007 model Prevo - no sale.)

BCO

Offline Van

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2012, 07:52:36 AM »
Reverse Osmosis, think they call it zero water Don. I load up a 40 gallon water tank in the truck, haul it up to the coach and do my thang. unfiltered water here leaves a milky white film that is a bear to get off. BTDT ;) Don sorry you won't make it this time. As far as the weather, Mother Nature resides here in Vegas, when she is doing good at the tables we have good weather, when she is not it is a different story lol
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline usbusin

• '60 PD4104-4355 (sold) and '01 Freightliner (sold)
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2012, 08:29:44 AM »
Thanks, Clifford for the info on Blue Beacon.  I guess I'll continue to wash my rig myself with soft water and liquid "car soap".  On the road she will just be dusty until I get home or a place where I can wash her myself.  Like you, Van our well water is high in calcium and I only use "soft water".
Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years (150,000 miles)
USTRUCKIN was our 2001 Freightliner Truck Conversion for 19 years (135,000 miles)
We are busless and truckless after 35 years of traveling

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »
Reverse Osmosis, think they call it zero water Don. I load up a 40 gallon water tank in the truck, haul it up to the coach and do my thang. unfiltered water here leaves a milky white film that is a bear to get off. BTDT ;) Don sorry you won't make it this time. As far as the weather, Mother Nature resides here in Vegas, when she is doing good at the tables we have good weather, when she is not it is a different story lol

One of these days I am gonna buy me "The Bus Nuts Dictionary" and BTDT means?

We have a lot of calcium in our water here at the goat farm.  Get a bottle of Vodka and wipe it down with that, cleans, removes the waterspots, and leaves a little shine.

HCO I mean BCO

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2012, 10:03:50 AM »
BTDT=been there, done that.  I use distilled water for washing rigs and my batteries.
Used to own a 1968 MCI 5A and a 1977 5C.

Offline Van

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2012, 10:12:02 AM »
Here ya go! http://www.netlingo.com/word/btdt.php
BTDT, FWIW, IMO, YMMV, this should get ya on the right path to internet stardom.  ;D
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2012, 10:52:55 AM »
Don here another one, I keep it at the top of my Bookmarks so I can refer to it.
BTW, HTH ,Bro, LOL

Dave5Cs ;D ;) :)

http://www.abbreviations.com/BTW
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2012, 12:12:23 PM »
I can about figure out what they stand for, the one that threw me off was WTF being slow that took me awhile because you very seldom see it on the boards I visit  

I can assure you in the context it was used it did not stand for "Worse Than Failure"  "Wed,Thru,Fri" didn't work either Don 

For a long time when Sean and RJ signed off HTH I thought they were talking about chemicals for a hot or swimming since Sean has a tub and RJ had pool cleaning service so don't feel bad

good luck 

Life is short drink the good wine first

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal