Author Topic: 24 volt halogen bulbs  (Read 2501 times)

Offline H3Jim

• 1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison
24 volt halogen bulbs
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »
I just found a place in New Hampshire that stocks 24 halogen bulbs.  They have them in the MR16 style which are the ones that look like small headlamps about 1 3/4 across.  I rewired a some  of my fixtures to take these bulbs.  I was originally gong to use 12 volt, just in series pairs, but this source was a good find. Perhaps someone else can use it too.  I have no interest in this company. 

I am using these for some interior lighting, in addition to fluorescent and some LED's

http://www.harringtonlights.com/Glass/mr16_24v_lamps.htm
Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
Re: 24 volt halogen bulbs
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:35:35 PM »
Great!!!!! Thanx Jim!!!

Chaz
Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein

Offline DrivingMissLazy

Re: 24 volt halogen bulbs
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 01:40:46 PM »
Be careful where you install these bulbs. Some of them run extremely hot. Hot enough that a door opened so that the top of the door is directly below the overhead light, it can set the door on fire. I once say a 125 ft yacht burned to the waterline because of this.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal