Author Topic: Bus Layout - Need feedback  (Read 17624 times)

Offline Dlsnow

• dave
  • dave
Re: Bus Layout - Need feedback
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 05:30:25 AM »
The washer dryer question.
After much deliberation we picked up a ventless splendide (7100xc).
After watching it take 3+hours on "cotton express" setting I was pretty frustrated.  But I have figured something out that brings it down to about 2hrs.
removing the clothes after about 50min in dryer.  They will be very hot and damp but the water will evaporate after about 10min.  And bone dry clothes :)

Note this will not work on jeans or other dense material.

It does help keep up with light clothes and kids bedding.
1972 MCI7 8v71 converted - 1kw solar on roof

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 06:48:24 AM »
They have changed the little combo units now they have a element to dry the cloths like a home style, drying was a problem who ever heard of drying with water lol 

I see the small units more and more now in rv's since the change ,the stack able set just takes up to much space for a rv
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Van

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 08:57:23 AM »
she had the washer drier no way she would use laundromat she felt the same about Motels

Clifford, were they 120V? just curious :)
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline jjrbus

• MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 03:56:49 PM »
One thing I absolutely despised about full timing was using laundromat's. But I was not in campgrounds much.  I did find laundry's in camp grounds to be acceptable in most places, not 1st choice but acceptable.

When faced with decisions I do a web search such as RV washer reviews,  they mostly use words like compact, smaller, extreme water and energy efficiency , none say perfect for a large family!     

I was privy to a conversation once,  The Dad wanted one of those big fancy 5th wheel haulers, the mother said if it has a full size washer and dryer on it, you can have anything you want!  Long story short, when mom's happy everybody's happy.  How about a pickup/van for a toad with full size washer and dryer?   4 kids?   2 washers, 2 dryers.
                                                                                JIm
Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Offline HB of CJ

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 06:46:16 PM »
Delete the washer/dryer...heats up interior...takes up space...uses too much water and power.  Add 18 inches space behind drivers seat for more driver adjustment.  More dedicated forward facing road seating w/belts?

Larger, fewer dinettes and counters?  Try to let everything do double duty?  More closet/inside storage space if possible.  Excellent pictures.  Curious how you did it.  Thanks.  HB of CJ (old coot)

Offline Scott & Heather

• Scott & Heather's buses: MCI-9 & MCI-102
  • MCI-9 & MCI-102
    • Fresh Day Music
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 02:50:42 PM »
Let me first say that I've grown to "virtually" love all of you on this board...that being said, we love our washer/dryer set... :-\  We have an apartment sized set that stack on top of each other (not stacker, but a separate high efficiency washer and a matching dryer we mounted on top of the washer). They aren't so small that they are useless, and aren't so large as to take up too much space...24 inches wide and 24 inches deep. Anyway, we do laundy once a week, don't have a hamper...when clothes are dirty, they get thrown directly into the washer. When it appears nearly full, we add soap and run it. I detest laundromats...so does my wifey. Anyway, Sean and Angie have been to our coach and have seen our units. We love them guys! We've been fulltiming for 14 months now and wouldn't have it any other way. Here's a shot:
Scott & Heather
1984 MCI 9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise (SOLD)
1992 MCI 102C3 8v92-turbo with 8 inch roof raise CURRENT HOME
Click link for 900 photos of our 1st bus conversion:
https://goo.gl/photos/GVtNRniG2RBXPuXW9

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 03:41:16 PM »
Sean, take the wife and check out the LG combo units at Lowes or HD before buying a apartment size I think you will be surprised how much they hold (22lbs) it takes  much less space,less maintenance and uses less power dry's good does not use water to dry with a very popular unit for the boat and high end rv converters
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Van

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »
Thanks Scott! Them pictures are worth a thousand words, well in this economy lez see.... lol! any way the Mrs got wind of this and said " why not stack em". My wife... I think I'll keep her! ;D ;D  With the measurements you have given, I cannot see not doing this in ours. We like some here, will be on the pole most places we travel and if not, we now own a capable 7k to get the task done if needed. Nice set of appliances ya got there by the way ;)
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline lostagain

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 09:02:08 PM »
Van, looks like you should go right ahead and get busy stacking appliances asap, you got the room in the bus for it, LOL.

JC
JC
Blackie AB
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740 (sold)
2007 Country Coach Magna, Cummins ISX

Offline Van

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 10:04:11 PM »
Yea Right? JC ;D Makes me wonder why I only put in a 9 cuft fridge ;D
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline RJ

• VantarĂ© Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 10:45:04 PM »
Oh, dear. . . here goes the "Home Improvement" syndrome again!

Where's the Binford model, eh, guys??

:D
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline Scott & Heather

• MCI-9 & MCI-102
    • Fresh Day Music
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 07:37:31 PM »
Yea Right? JC ;D Makes me wonder why I only put in a 9 cuft fridge ;D

Sometimes I wonder why we have a 25 cuft fridge. Word, we have tons of food, tons of clean clothes, and nowhere to sit. Ok...it's not that bad. Just sayin.  ;)
Scott & Heather

Offline Scott & Heather

• MCI-9 & MCI-102
    • Fresh Day Music
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 07:39:53 PM »
One quick edit:

Van, we have a 9 inch roof raise. Stacking that set would have been impossible without it. I should have mentioned that to Sean...Sean if you're reading this...go with Cliff's combo idea. You want to strangle me if you go out and buy a stacking set, only to find out it won't stack in your coach....and I choose life.  :o
Scott & Heather

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 05:39:19 AM »
A tape measure is a very important tool to have in your bus,.....even if you buy one already converted.
Used to own a 1968 MCI 5A and a 1977 5C.

Offline Van

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 06:44:48 AM »
I agree Ed! I have a tape measure that I converted into a tape measure/cordless drill, took quite some time to do. but for those that are not handy, a little prayer before attempting improvements in our bus goes a long way....

Red Green on his book, How To Do Everything

Remember! " If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find ya Handy" ;D
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal