Author Topic: Looking for a diesel generator  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Tom Y

• 80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress
Looking for a diesel generator
« on: November 12, 2006, 06:56:09 PM »
Hi guys, I am looking for a generator for my bus. Does anyone have a Norpro?  They offer a 5 year, 5000 hr warranty. Also looking at Power tech and Wrico. Any other ideas?  Thanks Tom Y 
Tom Yaegle

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
Re: Looking for a diesel generator
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 08:33:35 PM »
I will give a "plug" for Wrico - They gave me 1st class support, and a real workhorse Kubota 10KW generator for our bus. 

Plus - cool calendars every year.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Hope this helps, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline TomC

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 10:25:37 PM »
I personally have a 10kw Powertech powered by the Kubota small 4 cylinder.  Very satisfied with it-has tight voltage control and haven't had any problem with it in the 12 years I've had it.  I looked at Norpro-they strike me as a new company.  If I were you, if I lived on the right coast, use Powertech.  If you live on the left coast (or which ever is closer) I'd use Wrico, with using Wrico anyway as my choice, since Dick Wright is so active in the bus conversion society.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline muddog16

• Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop
    • Prevost LeMirage Conversion
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 03:14:08 AM »
Central Maine Diesel, is another source for a generator, www.centralmainediesel.com is their site.   I looked a very long time before I came to my senses (or close) I didn't choose a China made diesel to much bad feed back from a lot of different people, I ended up ordering a 12KW From CMD the price was right.  When it showed up on the commercial truck at the house we climbed inside to inspect it before unloading it, the first thing I noticed was the shipping crate looked odd (mangled), I thought oh oh, we better open this here "before" we unload it.  Sure enough the generator was damaged, the radiator was crushed, and the mounting brackets to the engine block were also broken.  I looked at the driver and said, " I can't accept this like this" he sort of got upset that I wouldn't accept it, but hey it cost 5k and I wasn't going to unload it.  He finally said, "OK" then he admitted he had been in an accident the day before and it had flipped over serveral times, you could actually see where the shipping company had try to recrate the generator (imagine that)!  Anyway back to the supplier I called him and explained what had happened he said no problem I'll take it back and replace it.  He later called me and said that his last 12KW had just been sold..................and at no extra cost to me he sent me a 15KW of the same make.........we took some measurements to make sure it would fit and I took it................You don't find many dealers that will do that!

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal