Author Topic: giving back free fuel  (Read 10362 times)

Offline crown

giving back free fuel
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:36:51 AM »
ok almost free i want to share how i make extra money for our trips as we have been blessed with going to
5 or 6 bus rallys and making great friends as you known we live in costa rica so we have a lot more cost to
go to a rally. round trip air fare/ hotels/ rent a car/ dog papers/ passports / cleanning & stocking motorhome
ect. but it all worth it . ok this is very simple to do and can be done anywere what we do is buy & wholesale
used furn. we have a deal with a used furn store he will buy everything i get . hears the deal if you have seen the tv show storge wars . you see dealers bidding to buy those units as they need stuff to sell . most sales are during the week .why resell shops busyest time is weekends . this allso makes it hard for them to hit the garage sales . we have a price line that he will pay . we work on 100-150 profit it works like this if i buy something for $100 he will pay me $200 or more so i just made 100 profit now before you say no i make
on avarge $1000 month for a few weekends work . if i let him pay me with a post dated check we pays more
as he gets to sell it and make his profit before the post dated check .
this can be done in any town in the usa there are allways resell shops all you need to do is talk to them
and offer to suply to them and work out price guidelines .  next post other stuff part 2
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline crown

Re: giving back free fuel
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 09:49:41 AM »
part 2 this can work for all of you just think the guys at the flea market need stuff to sell . it can be your hobby. fishing gear .hunting gear. sports stuff. they need you . they need stuff to sell. they will be happy
to pay you fair prices. everybody wins. you dont sell to the publix your selling to the dealers. ok check this out
i buy a nice sofa for $200 he pay me $400 he sells it for $600 win win for everyone one other tip i take it home a set it up in my garage my guy likes to buy in bulk he likes unloading a truck full as people see him unloading they go see what he got now as i said a average of $1000 month some months i dont sell anything others can
be $ 3000 or more i spend a few hours a couple times a week hope this helps out a few bus nuts just trying
to give back to the group thanks john
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline crown

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 01:01:17 PM »
 has this been helpfull to anyone ???does anyone need more help ? like i said it can be anything does not have to be furn. like me . can be just about anything all you need is a willing dealer. but you must tell them you are
buying this stuff for them . coming back from the store today and saw a garage sale just made a eazy $100
john
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline B_K

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
Yes great info John thanks for the tip! (Gonna start checking into this Monday!)

Offline bevans6

• 1980 MCI MC-5C
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 02:50:14 PM »
With all respect, this has bupkes to do with buses, or busing.  There has to be a forum on how to rip off the unfortunate that this can be on.  Think about who lost their possessions and why, before you claim it's win-win-win.  It's LOSE BIG, then win-win-win.

Brian
1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Allison MT-647
Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia

Offline crown

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »
 brian first off it does have to do with buses its a hobby that funds my bus conversion and trips . how
 or where did you come up with rip off the unfortunate ?  you need to read my post again. i buy furn. at
garage sales from people who want to sell there stuff i am not ripping off anyone .maybe you dont get it.
so lets try this. you brain put a add in the newspaper for a garage sale i stop by and you sell me
some things your happy you sold them .i am happy when i resell them win win i was only trying to
help others with there bus needs i hope you read this and understand thanks john
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline B_K

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 06:09:28 PM »
John I think Brian misunderstood that you were buying from garage sales.

I think he thought you were doing the storage auction thing.

However Brian, It's not the person who buys the "storage locker" that is at fault. Those lockers go unpaid for quite some time before "MOST" put them up for sale.
They'd rather the "owner" pay the storage than the have to have an auction.

The only one who wins at those auctions every time is the auctioneer who gets his commission as soon as the sale is over before the storage unit! And many times the buyers lose $ because the stuff ain't worth what they thought.

I know several who own the storage units and some that buy stuff and they all agree they lose as much as they gain.
;D  BK  ;D

Offline lostagain

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 06:55:32 PM »
I agree with Brian: this is very much OT.

Does anyone want to know how I fund my bus hobby? I didn't think so...

JC
JC
Blackie AB
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740 (sold)
2007 Country Coach Magna, Cummins ISX

Offline crown

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 07:00:24 PM »
 bk thanks i only said that as a point that dealers need to buy stuff and pay fair prices that all
again my point was to offer help to other busnuts to make extra cash for fuel & bus parts
again its a simple as talking to dealers in shops or flea markets   make it fun could be baseball cards comic books
anything thats easy and fun for you all my profit is for bus parts / rallys ect
again i have made great friends from the bcm and got lots of help  just trying to give back
good luck to all that want to try this thanks john
ps. i buy furn.as its harder to sell at garage sales. as you need to haul away my dealer offers dellivery

bk i known what you say is true and some people keep stuff in storage for sentamenal resons i known
lady who has spent $ 4000 a year for the last 13 years for stuff thats not worth $2000 and onother
that has been paying for 20 yrs i have sean both of these units and its junk  anyway have fun
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline crown

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 07:06:35 PM »
 to the moderators sorry for posting was trying to offer help but sound like its not wanted
so can you remove this thanks john
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline Ralph7

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 07:34:24 PM »
It's great to read some  stuff on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 07:56:31 PM »
Better than politics.
Used to own a 1968 MCI 5A and a 1977 5C.

Offline eagle19952

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 08:04:10 PM »
Jeez Peeez we must really hate car repo people...and those guys that work as collections agents....whoa real scumbags.
How bout the insurance adjusters...lets hate them too cuz they want to screw everyone.... ;D >:( ;D
I lived in a park once where an elder guy died, the kids came and threw the entire contents of the 5th wheel out, hooked up and drove away...thems the scumbags IMO
Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 N, DD, Allison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 04:26:21 AM »
Hey Van, can I borry sum muny, I wants two by this  http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=internationaleagles&e=com

BCO

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 04:27:37 AM »
Did Gilligan ever get off the island, does anyone know? 

I have lost the key to my storage locker and I was wondering if there was a bus nut in the neighborhood that knows how to counterfeit, uh ... copy a key?

Do you need a permit from the city in order to sell a bus at a garage sale.

Just thinkin' outside the box.

BCO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal