Author Topic: "Once Again One of Our Own Friends Needs all Our Help, Now"  (Read 14529 times)

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
"Once Again One of Our Own Friends Needs all Our Help, Now"
« on: November 13, 2006, 06:31:02 AM »
I received this information from Ace this morning and have been thinking of it every since.
I want to inform you all that one of our very best busnut friends,  (Bob Weis), (aka NCbob), from NC and his wonderful wife Jackie needs us as a family to pull special prayers and thoughts for them right this moment.  Jackie was admitted into the hospital late last night, I do not know any of the details  except that she is in (ICU) and hope that Bob will be able to update us later today, but in the mean time anyone reading this email can pass on by other emails or phone and word will get back to them that we are truly concerned.

Our very biggest get well wishes are in this post Jackie, many people looking forward to you both being in FL. soon. 
Gary
Gary

Offline mikeH8H-649

Re: "Once Again One of Our Own Friends Needs all Our Help, Now"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 08:52:38 AM »
Bob I also got this info this morning and have been thinking about you and Jackie,I hope and pray that all goes well for Jackie and she has a speedy recovery and then as soon as she is well enough you need to get yourself and her away from the stress it seems that you have been having latley,the bus or anything is worth your health and you just need to keep in mind that sometimes as you slow down more seems to get done,you two are in our prayers and thoughts,Mike and Kathy

Ncbob

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 11:08:55 AM »
It's now 2:00PM and Jackie has been transported to Mission Memorial Hospital in Asheville, NC, one of the finest Heart Hospitals in the Southeast.  Since she has two stents there's a possibility that one (or both) are blocked again so they have scheduled a Heart Cath.  As to when that will be we don't know at this time.  I just talked with her and will know in a few minutes as she's is with a Dr. at the moment.

If you're wondering why I'm here and not there...let me explain.  This all started in the early morning hours and she woke me to call 911.  They came and took her to the local hospital.  I followed and, of course the usual blood tests, x-Rays, etc. By 6 AM they were able to take the '2 hour Blood Enzimes' which would tell if it was a heart attack.  They came back at 7 and were normal. I came home for a short rest and they called me at 10 to tell me that she would be transported to Mission Memorial in Asheville (70 miles away).
I took her CPAP and some other items she needed and came back home to await more info.

Giving them time to get there I again called...but (as usual) she was lost in the system.  Finally I found here and you are now up to date.

Both Jackie and I would like to thank all our friends for their prayers and good wishes.  I will be leaving for the Hospital shortly and will keep Dallas apprised of progress or whatever.

God Bless you all and thank you.

NCbob

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 11:12:22 AM »

hope jackie is doing better. call if i can be of help  just a hour away.

uncle ned

828 757 3823
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline brojcol

• Jimmy
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 11:30:18 AM »
Bob,

My family is praying for Jackie (and you). 

Jimmy
"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate

Offline Buffalo SpaceShip

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 11:53:46 AM »
Jackie is in our prayers, Bob. And so are you.

Hang in there,
Brian B.
Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO

Offline pete81eaglefanasty

• smithmotorsports
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 12:31:48 PM »
 Are Prayers are with her, and the rest of the family.  God bless one and all.

Pete & Jean
                    Fantasy
WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 12:59:22 PM »
Bob, sorry to hear of this and you & Jackie have our prayers as well! BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline eglluvr

• The Quest is But The Beginning...
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 01:00:35 PM »
Bob, Your in our Prayers also,

Drive Carefully

Jim

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 02:59:14 PM »
Bob,

So sorry to hear about Jackie.

You know our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Tell Jackie Hi from all of us and our Best Wishes for a Speedy recovery.

Cliff, Julie & the kids
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline Abajaba

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 03:19:11 PM »
Hoping for the Best Bob and good luck to Jackie.

Ncbob

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 03:51:57 PM »
First of all, Jackie and I thank you all for your concern, well wishes and prayers.

Tomorrow they will do a heart cath and determine exactly what the problem is and will go from there.  It will be a couple of days before she's back home again and a while before we can pick up our plans to go to FL for the winter.

But as long as we can we'll thank you, our friends, for your prayers and the Good Lord that it's not her time....yet.

Bob

Offline Christyhicks

• 1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 04:41:08 PM »
Now, Bob, you just tell Jackie I said to quit all this and get back to normal  >:(, because I really wanted to meet her in Arcadia and get a lot of insight into how she's learned to put up with you all these years  ???.  I'm not about to let her off the hook, so she'll just have to postpone all these heart problems for a few years, 20 maybe. ;)

Seriously, we'll all be waiting on pins and needles to find out for sure that she's ok, and she won't have a choice but to be ok, because we're all out here praying, chanting, spinning in three circles before sitting, anything we can do to make her better.  You hang in there yourself, as we know you must be lost without her telling you what to do, where to go, etc. ;D  We're thinking of you guys constantly.  :-* Love Christy & Larry Hicks
If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!

Offline trailblazer2

• 1990 Chevrolet C-60 Activity
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 05:38:06 PM »
 Bob;
 I just want to let you know too: that Jackie and you will be in our prayers as well;by the way God does'nt mess with the small stuf,just the impossible! Hope to hear the goood news soon!
Bill & Phyllis :)
"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston

Offline LUKE at US COACH

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 05:53:30 PM »
HI Bob & Folks:

This aging process is not easy for any of us.

All the more reason for you young bucks and mates to be kind and gentle on these Boards and elsewhere as you pass through this very short event we call a "Life time"!!!!

Bob, my prayers are with You and Jackie, as the Pros will hopefully make the correct calls wih regard to her Medical Care!!

Happy & SAFE!! Bussin' to ALl.

LUKE at US COACH

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal