Author Topic: power steering reservoir cap  (Read 3877 times)

Offline white-eagle

power steering reservoir cap
« on: November 07, 2012, 06:34:49 AM »
okay, i got distracted when i added power steering fluid to the reservoir and either forgot to put it back on, or didn't tighten it enough.  Now i have a baggy held on with a rubber band, temporarily until someone posts where i can get a new one.  i tried to google it, but got lots of really ignorant suggestions and bad leads to parts places that wouldn't have a clue. 
i guess i could just look for a rubber plug, like a thermos, but i'd rather get a replacement.

suggestions besides buy new from jefferson or luke?
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline luvrbus

Re: power steering reservoir cap
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 06:39:30 AM »
Tom I buy all mine at www.shawplugs.com just check under expandable rubber plugs even Napa sell those

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline TomC

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 03:17:29 PM »
Just use Clifford's link and order a new "turn tight" stopper at the right dimension.  Is the same a what was on it in the first place.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 04:57:40 AM »
thanks guys, actually yesterday, we found an acceptable marine plug at O'Reilly's while picking up new filters.  And a brief endorsement-They either had or got everything i needed to change filters, including the extra large air filter canister, quoted at $220, but priced at $120 price adj to NAPA prices.
No, i don't own stock in O'Reilly's, just they were a lot friendlier and very knowledgeable here in Thomson, GA.
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 06:00:03 AM »
Tom, that plug is good for a temporary fix but it is not made for the chemicals and oil in the power steering it will fall to pieces over time so spend the extra money for the right plug you won't regret it BTDT

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal