Author Topic: Anyone using Tecma Silence Plus toilet?  (Read 1657 times)

Offline TomC

Anyone using Tecma Silence Plus toilet?
« on: November 06, 2012, 07:22:42 AM »
I posted this on the other bus site, but if anyone is using the Tecma Silence Plus macerator toilet, let me know how they like it and if it is dependable.  It costs about 3 times more then a gravity toilet-but my run is 8ft with a 5ft drop.  Thanks, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline Oonrahnjay

Re: Anyone using Tecma Silence Plus toilet?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 07:48:33 AM »
     I have a Raritan Atlantes mascerating toilet.  After I bought it, I was disconcerted to see a number of internet postings complaining about problems.  So I looked at the Tecma and it had good specs but also internet complaints.  I guess I was just concerted to think that if three people out of 10,000 have a problem, they'll post on the Internet about it.

The Atlantes is great.  It's new, and I haven't worked it hard (living alone in the bus now) but it's efficient, reliable, quiet, and seems to conserve water.  Can't speak to the Tecma, though.  My memory is that the Atlantes had similar specs to the Tecma but a considerably lower price; you may wnat to check that out (but I'm hazy on that ...)

Bruce H   NC   USA
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal