Author Topic: Received November Magazine!  (Read 1724 times)

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
Received November Magazine!
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:43:44 PM »
I have to say - really enjoying the bus barn.  :D

We're hoping to build something similar.  Just brought my Dad out to live with us and he is staying in our Moose bus and loves it.   ;D 

A surrounding bus barn would be soo cool.

Best Regards, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline boxcarOkie

Re: Received November Magazine!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 05:40:46 AM »
I have to say - really enjoying the bus barn.  :D

We're hoping to build something similar.  Just brought my Dad out to live with us and he is staying in our Moose bus and loves it.   ;D  

A surrounding bus barn would be soo cool.

Best Regards, Phil

Calling the building in the magazine a bus barn is a misnomer.  It is not a bus barn by any stretch of the imagination.  What I see is a building with a bus carport and nothing more.  When it is raining you can still work on your bus in a "bus barn" if it is raining in this case, best get out some slickers.

It is not a bus barn.

BCO

Offline saddleup

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 06:17:11 AM »
Bus Barn, Bus Carport, its a dam fine place to park a bus, been wondering how it came out since the writeup in an old issue, .
Matt
Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 09:04:36 AM »
We started w/ the more traditional bus barn approach.  But then our bus almost always seems to be in use. When it isn't travelling, we may have guests in it.  So we compromised a bit and decided to go more with the approach in this month's magazine.  E.g., more open. That way when we have guests, the get to see all the surrounding plains & mountains, and not the darkness of an enclosed building.  We give up some on the comfort when I have to work in inclement weather, but it does keep the sun off the roof and most of the sides.  Also been thinking about some of the UV screen for the open side.  Plus, the large covered structure could also serve as a pavilion for gatherings by just pulling the bus back. 

Fun stuff!

Kind Regards, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal